New Tough System DS130

RickyMcGrath

4 hours ago, 77Ford said:

Item  must be purchased at the store, contact local store for availability. Unfortunately my local store hasn't seen any.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/5/2016 at 9:29 AM, 77Ford said:

Talked to HD in store today about the DS450. Employee stated that the stores can start ordering them 8/11/16.....and with take 4 days to get to the stores.

I talked to my local store today, Waynesboro, VA, they have a pair on order for them with a tentative arrival date of early October. The funny part about local Tough System availability is that Waynesboro only stocks DS400s, and in Christmas season last year got some tools that came with DS150s, but doesn't normally stock them. Meanwhile the Harrisonburg, VA  store only stocks the clear lid organizer.  

Any updates to this? I've been checking Home Depot online and it's been showing a picture and item number. But yesterday all that was removed and now the link I bookmarked shows an error message. 

I've been very interested in the DS450 and planned to buy it when released. 

Also, I'm new to this site. I tried to post in the Lowes Deals thread Under Tool deals but I think I'm too new. 

Anyway i plan on getting th DS 450 to house a 20v circular saw and maybe a reciprocating saw. Starting on 8/15 lowes is gonna have a BOGO sale. Basically you buy a flashlight kit with a battery and charger and you get your pick of several bare tools such as an angle grinder, reciprocating saw, circular saw or radio. It's not the best deal, but I've been looking for a 20v led light and some of those tools. So it's gonna make sense for me. Now if I can just get a toolbox to put everything in. 

image.jpeg

• Like 1

Also, I'm new to this site. I tried to post in the Lowes Deals thread Under Tool deals but I think I'm too new. 

Anyway i plan on getting th DS 450 to house a 20v circular saw and maybe a reciprocating saw. Starting on 8/15 lowes is gonna have a BOGO sale. Basically you buy a flashlight kit with a battery and charger and you get your pick of several bare tools such as an angle grinder, reciprocating saw, circular saw or radio. It's not the best deal, but I've been looking for a 20v led light and some of those tools. So it's gonna make sense for me. Now if I can just get a toolbox to put everything in. 

image.jpeg

I noticed HD took the DS450 off their web page also....[emoji51][emoji51][emoji51][emoji51][emoji51][emoji51]

Not sure what to think at this point as I thought the $59 price was a bit too low.....7f592be521c19da0f471486b897467ef.jpg

Thanks for the info on the DeWalt deal at Lowe's .....and Welcome

That DeWalt deal is okay.

The battery is only the 4ah and the charger is the SLOW charger. The light is the bottom tiered one. I would much rather have the DCL050 area light. I will say it is nice the 'free' bare tools category has the more premium versions of the reciprocating and circular saw.

• Like 1

I was told it depends if the individual store ordered any. I just asked at customer service and she called some one and they verified that 8 were on order to be delivered on 8/18/16. When I asked about the price she stated it was still $59. I would visit or call one of your area HDs and check.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

No luck at the two stores closest to me in KC when I checked today. 

Customer Service looked completely dumbfounded when I asked. I even provided the sku and model #. They tried to tell me they were phasing the DS450 out ?.

Did anyone get one? If so do you have pics or a review?

On 8/10/2016 at 7:34 PM, SBA3 said:

image.jpeg

HomeDepot had the same light with a drill and a impact driver. All three in one ToughSystem case for $149.

• 1 month later...
No luck at the two stores closest to me in KC when I checked today. 

Customer Service looked completely dumbfounded when I asked. I even provided the sku and model #. They tried to tell me they were phasing the DS450 out [emoji849].

Did anyone get one? If so do you have pics or a review?

Was told they will be at my local HD tomorrow.....I will wait a couple day and try again. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Tough Tool Reviews on Instragram