Circular saw or sawzall?

olletsocmit

I also have been wondering why some tools come in different versions in US compared to Europe.

First time i noticed was when i got my M18 Fuel 1" Rotary hammer(2712) which had changable chuck and came with SDS Plus chuck and ratctheting chuck. Had seen a ton of reviews but not that feature before.

As far as the circular saw goes i havent tested it with the adapter for vacuum yet, but if it works i see that as a good thing for use indoors :)

My saw came with a guide also(a cheap, simple type), is the included in the US version?

Tried to post pictures, but just:upload failed

• Like 1

OK guys… Here I go again ha ha so I originally started out and bought the 6 1/2 inch fuel circular saw. Sat on my workbench for one day in the box never used it because I couldn't get my mind off of "I probably should've got the 7 1/4" bigger one that was blade right". And then after I posted that I got the blade right one I did more research and everyone I talked to said that blade left was easier to cut with.... I probably spent a half an hour at the store trying both... I then noticed what people were talking about and my mind started a flip-flop again (obviously I have ADD hahaha).

....so to get to my point, I was walking around looking for other things when I noticed there was a blade left 6 1/2 inch fuel one on clearance ...for 100 fucking dollars. So it seems that stores may be getting rid of the blade left 6 1/2's and going with the new ones 7 1/4's since the fuel 6.5" is three + years old now.

So basically I'm back to my blade left ...for 100 bucks I think I'll learn how to fucking use it! Moral of the story is stick with your first pick it's usually, well always the right one

• Like 2

1 minute ago, olletsocmit said:

Suggestions on nice blade for the 6.5" guys? The only diable on HD had was a 40 tooth for $25

depends on what you will be cutting mostly, but a thin kerf 40 tooth diablo is a nice blade. It is a small circular saw, don't think they make any with more teeth than that for that size....

I found a bunch of sites online like this one that sell the saws with the dust attachment.  I will try and call when its a normal time over there and see how much it costs and let everyone know.  I am sure if there are a few of us interested it would make shipping like $10 each person.  Is the UK the best place or does anyone know a closer location?

http://www.twwholesale.co.uk/product.php/sn/Milwaukee-M18CCS55-0

• Like 1

2 hours ago, olletsocmit said:

So basically I'm back to my blade left ...for 100 bucks I think I'll learn how to fucking use it! Moral of the story is stick with your first pick it's usually, well always the right one

The moral I got was if you change your mind enough you can get a M18 fuel circular saw for $100

• Like 1

4 hours ago, olletsocmit said:

Moral of the story is stick with your first pick it's usually, well always the right one

Now I'm confused. I thought the first pick was the left one. In all seriousness, congrats on the saw. Sometimes the numbers do the choosing for us, and sometimes it's better that way (saves us from being paralyzed by indecision).

The Diablo 40 tooth 7-1/4 is a pretty great blade so the 40 tooth 6-1/2 is probably even a little better and smoother cut because same tooth count on a slightly smaller blade. It depends what you want though. If you need/want really smooth cuts the 40 is great. Otherwise the regular 24t Diablo framing blade gives a really nice cut and goes much easier through things and the battery will last longer. It's really up to you and what you need to cut and how clean a cut you're looking for...

The Diablo 40 tooth 7-1/4 is a pretty great blade so the 40 tooth 6-1/2 is probably even a little better and smoother cut because same tooth count on a slightly smaller blade. It depends what you want though. If you need/want really smooth cuts the 40 is great. Otherwise the regular 24t Diablo framing blade gives a really nice cut and goes much easier through things and the battery will last longer. It's really up to you and what you need to cut and how clean a cut you're looking for...

I've noticed similar results with the 40t 6 1/2" and the 60t 7 1/4"

Jimbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Diablo 24t cuts noticeably cleaner and easier than the stock Milwaukee blade. I think it's a thinner kerf so it removes less material and hence does less work for the same cut. This means more cuts because it uses less power per cut and less battery. For $10 they are a no-brainer, twofer $10 specials are hard to pass up even more. They even seem to stay really sharp for a long time. The 40t blades are slightly harder on the battery and make some cuts take longer but very smooth. On a circular saw I don't see much need to go with 60t unless it's for some specially purpose because the accuracy on a handheld saw is going to be harder to attain than say a table or miter saw anyway. The 40t isn't a bad choice for plywood if you like a smoother cut. The material is so thin anyway it's not really going to slow the saw down and it'll give you less tear out. I sometimes leave my 40t on cutting 2x4's if I only have a few to do if that's the last blade I used. It's not like you can't use a 40t all the time but for 2x4 and framing it's better to just use the framing blade, Also the framing 24t will cut through nails pretty easily if you're cutting things already in place and you'd not want to use a more expensive 40t blade and risk throwing some nice carbide teeth.

I really love Diablo blades. I have an really old Ryobi 5-3/8 circ saw, over a decade old blue one, and I did two things that made it like new. I put the newer lithium batteries on it and threw a thin kerf Diablo blade and it's great as a backup garage saw for quick cuts when I need it. It's a 36 tooth finish blade too and the thing seems to have no problem cutting through almost anything.  The only reason I don't have an m12 5-3/8" is because of that blade. That's not to say the m12 isn't awesome, it is, but I don't really need to have an awesome secondary saw when I have the fuel full sized one.

• Like 2

The Diablo 24t cuts noticeably cleaner and easier than the stock Milwaukee blade. I think it's a thinner kerf so it removes less material and hence does less work for the same cut. This means more cuts because it uses less power per cut and less battery. For $10 they are a no-brainer, twofer $10 specials are hard to pass up even more. They even seem to stay really sharp for a long time. The 40t blades are slightly harder on the battery and make some cuts take longer but very smooth. On a circular saw I don't see much need to go with 60t unless it's for some specially purpose because the accuracy on a handheld saw is going to be harder to attain than say a table or miter saw anyway. The 40t isn't a bad choice for plywood if you like a smoother cut. The material is so thin anyway it's not really going to slow the saw down and it'll give you less tear out. I sometimes leave my 40t on cutting 2x4's if I only have a few to do if that's the last blade I used. It's not like you can't use a 40t all the time but for 2x4 and framing it's better to just use the framing blade, Also the framing 24t will cut through nails pretty easily if you're cutting things already in place and you'd not want to use a more expensive 40t blade and risk throwing some nice carbide teeth.

I really love Diablo blades. I have an really old Ryobi 5-3/8 circ saw, over a decade old blue one, and I did two things that made it like new. I put the newer lithium batteries on it and threw a thin kerf Diablo blade and it's great as a backup garage saw for quick cuts when I need it. It's a 36 tooth finish blade too and the thing seems to have no problem cutting through almost anything.  The only reason I don't have an m12 5-3/8" is because of that blade. That's not to say the m12 isn't awesome, it is, but I don't really need to have an awesome secondary saw when I have the fuel full sized one.

For the 6.5" the cheapest place I am finding them is actually HD. Thought they would of been less online.

- 40 T = $20

- 24 T = $11

Yeah amazon's prices are about the same if you have prime. I don't have a 6-1/2" so I've never shopped that size blade to be honest but I did pick up a pair of Diablo's new 7-1/4" 24t blades for $9.99 at HD a few weeks ago. I don't know if they do the same deal ever with the smaller ones but even for that price of $10 for a single blade you won't find a better one IMHO.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, olletsocmit said:

I will be cutting 2x4's and plywood mostly. Also window and door trim sometimes. Is there a major dif between the 24 Milwaukee and 24 diable tooth blades? Do I need one of those super high tooth ones to cut plywood or is the Diablo 40 fine

Get one of each.  You'll probably use the 40t most of the time because it gives a smoother cut on ply and 2x and you definitely need it for trim, but you don't want to wreck the blade cutting something that might have nails.

• Like 1