who else is jazzed to be a dewalt user right now?

Edgrrr

Hello everyone

so lately, dewalt has been going after our wallets HARD. it feels like they have announced so many juicy things these past months, and it has me hyped. with of course there announcement of the

flex volt and all there goodies. My eyes mainly set on (cordless miter saw and table saw). not to mention there new radio DCR025, which Ive been wanting a dewalt radio. I tried there exciting

ones but they all seem to fall short on receptions something that they have promised has improved on said new radio. now the thing that i really been wanting is that new md501 dewalt phone. I do alot of different jobs everything from waterproofing, landscaping and interior remodeling. so I have been trough alot of phones and have been dying for a tough smartphone. so all in all im jazzed so much so i made this account so i could talk to some lovely people from the tia crew about it. so how are you guys gonna deal with the incoming hole in your pockets and what has you most excited?

• Like 3

Welcome to the crew, Ive actually sold my dewalt tools in frustration of a new battery platform from dewalt, decided to stick with my milwaukee tools. Boo hoo I know, however lot of guys are excited on here for the flex volt, and finally the release many tools users have been asking for, whether they wanted a new battery or not is a another topic for discussion.  They have a lot of great offerings coming up and it is much needed for them.  Pop over to the dewalt section you'll see a bunch of threads already going on the new flex volt tools.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Edgrrr said:

cool il take a peek on over then. also don't worry i wont judge about switching over to Milwaukee. everyone is so quick to marry into a brand and defend it. but they all have there ups and downs.

I wouldn't call myself a monogamist with tools... i also have ridgid 18v, bosch 18v, milwaukee m12, m18... i needed some consolidation lol

• Like 3

Welcome, 

I've already start throwing money aside from weekend work and selling off some old bits to fund some flexvolt. Wont be going for the table and mitre saw myself as I've always access to power and already have the dws780. I am actually in the market for a tablesaw, pity that's not ac powered like the mitersaw. The reciprocating saw is top of my list as of now.

• Like 2

yo Edgrr! im with ya man very excited to get my hands on some of the new flex tools coming out very awesome that they came out with the cordless miter and tablesaws but I wont be getting into those, im looking forward to the circular saw and sawzal oh man who am I kidding I want it ALL!!!! lol!

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Turner85 said:

17 hours ago, Turner85 said:

Welcome, 

I've already start throwing money aside from weekend work and selling off some old bits to fund some flexvolt. Wont be going for the table and mitre saw myself as I've always access to power and already have the dws780. I am actually in the market for a tablesaw, pity that's not ac powered like the mitersaw. The reciprocating saw is top of my list as of now.

Sounds good at least you got a game plan. Im waiting to see a demo on the reciprocating saw. ive been wondering when dewalt was gonna get there act together and finally come out with a brushless reciprocating saw. not ready to upgrade mine unless they make a compact version then i will jump on that bandwagon.

13 minutes ago, Edgrrr said:

Sounds good at least you got a game plan. Im waiting to see a demo on the reciprocating saw. ive been wondering when dewalt was gonna get there act together and finally come out with a brushless reciprocating saw. not ready to upgrade mine unless they make a compact version then i will jump on that bandwagon.

Only thing I wish that had was mention of something to reduce the heavy recoil when the blade gets in a bind for instance. Just some rubber grommets between the handle and body would be a great improvement and stop the punishment of the user. At any rate, as long as it's better than the normal 20v it's a welcome and needed addition. I have the compact version and it's literally the worst tool I have ever used. 

4 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Only thing I wish that had was mention of something to reduce the heavy recoil when the blade gets in a bind for instance. Just some rubber grommets between the handle and body would be a great improvement and stop the punishment of the user. At any rate, as long as it's better than the normal 20v it's a welcome and needed addition. I have the compact version and it's literally the worst tool I have ever used. 

thats one of the major reasons im not as excited for it yet. i wanna see it in action to see about recoil.

Hey the new fast chargers at least are competative to everyone else finally. Never been the case till now. 

I just wish that they'd stop flooding the market with chargers which are pretty much the worst in the industry for unknown reasons. Literally the dumbest thing that Dewalt does and I'll never understand why. 

• Like 1

Welcome to the CREW Edgrrr. As for the the DeWalt line Ill have to look and see approach. As I have gotten older I'm not a big fan of lugging around a big have battery all day. Showing it off and people in the field putting it to work are a whole different ball game. I'll be waiting for the feedback.    

• Like 1

Welcome to the crew. Im not locked into one platform either. I have Porter Cable,Bosch,Dewalt. Flexvolt I could care less about but it does seem cool. Im a machinist so all my drills and such are diy useage so I dont have the need for the power house stuff. I like the new lights Dewalt and milwaukee have out,honestly wouldnt mind some of those.

Im waiting for them new bosch 12v impacts too become available hopefully soon here in July.

• Like 1

Now I feel old sitting in the last couple weeks of 28 lol.

The thing I don't like about FlexVolt is that as a 20vMax back its a 15 cell 6.0 pack. If you get the 9.0 then it's no different than Milwaukee, which is good. The 6.0 is bad value as a 20vMax pack, the size and weight don't make sense compared to a smaller lighter 5.0. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Bremon said:

Now I feel old sitting in the last couple weeks of 28 lol.

The thing I don't like about FlexVolt is that as a 20vMax back its a 15 cell 6.0 pack. If you get the 9.0 then it's no different than Milwaukee, which is good. The 6.0 is bad value as a 20vMax pack, the size and weight don't make sense compared to a smaller lighter 5.0. 

Agree to size/weight ratio of the packs. lol 28 isnt that old brother. My wife is 29   she says she is old all the time,wait till you hit 40+ like me I say.