who else is jazzed to be a dewalt user right now?

Edgrrr

Would your usual choice of vendor be Home Depot for these future flexvolt purchases? Or do you guys have supply houses that offer dewalt tools? I always wondered how others might go about doing this, because there isn't a Home Depot close by us, and instead, we rely on our many supply houses to buy our cordless tools from, and the brand they carry is Milwaukee. Ridgid industrial tools is another brand i see, but that's IT, seriously, I've never walked into one of our supply houses and seen anything but Milwaukee, and that's where we buy a lot of the trade specific tools they offer. There's fastenal with Metabo, and maybe another supply house i'm not sure of what they might have, but those are ones i might stop by in maybe twice a year. This is why it has been incredibly easy to buy Milwaukee, and it's obviously what they want.

I am waiting to see what deals HD will have with their $150 promo they have in November........hoping some Flex Volt will be in on the deal. [emoji39]

• Like 1

Welcome to the crew, Ive actually sold my dewalt tools in frustration of a new battery platform from dewalt, decided to stick with my milwaukee tools. Boo hoo I know, however lot of guys are excited on here for the flex volt, and finally the release many tools users have been asking for, whether they wanted a new battery or not is a another topic for discussion.  They have a lot of great offerings coming up and it is much needed for them.  Pop over to the dewalt section you'll see a bunch of threads already going on the new flex volt tools.

I would have stuck with dewalt knowing what I know now. Of course after I buy into Milwaukee m18 they push out a new brushless drill and announce a bunch of professional tools.

My dcd995 developing the same issue as my only other coworker who uses dewalt then nothing but lawn and garden tools really made me lose faith.

I hope that dewalt keeps it up. They can put out some great products. I also love that three speed transmission on the drill. That said they've been losing professional market share for a reason. It's good to see the company pull their head out of their ass.

I know that they don't rush out trash that may have issues like Makita and using different from factor cells in their 6ah batteries is a good example of that. I won't be in a rush to pick up Milwaukee 6ah batteries and I hope that someone does solid independent real world testing on the m12 3ah batteries. That's coming from a big m12 fanboy

BL planer, BL Framing and Finish Nailers, Flexvolt, 60V + 120V tools, fantastic new drill + impact, Great BL SDS, HT Wrench etc....

what's not to love?!

Seriously, the only reliable 3 speed transmission on the market. I own a one key drill. For my use the middle speed on the dewalt is far more useful.

If Milwaukee actually published torque settings for the one key impact they may have been on to something. As if now it's useless to me on that tool. In the drill it's only useful as an antirotation setting that I wouldn't need with a three speed transmission. Thankfully I can use the high speed for things that I couldn't on the first gen m18 fuel thanks to a more powerful motor. Still no replacement for a three speed transmission

13 hours ago, BababooeyHTJ said:

I know that they don't rush out trash that may have issues like Makita and using different from factor cells in their 6ah batteries is a good example of that. I won't be in a rush to pick up Milwaukee 6ah batteries and I hope that someone does solid independent real world testing on the m12 3ah batteries. That's coming from a big m12 fanboy

Milwaukee's 9.0 and 6.0 are 9 months late from when they were initially set to launch. That doesn't scream rushing garbage to market. I also won't be stressed about buying 3.0 and 6.0 M12s. I don't think M12s draw enough current to have heat be a factor for cell life, etc. 

I'll also not be in line to congratulate on Dewalt on a brushless reciprocating saw or circular saw. They're 2-3 years late on those, and all they get from me is "it's about time". 

With regards to their new 60v I would say once reviews are in, it's very likely that they will deserve praise for a well designed battery and system. They also deserve praise for the 991 and 996 being assembled in the USA. Brushless premium drills seem like a flagship product in a cordless lineup, with the premium price to boot and I think corporations shave some money on margins to pay people a living wage. The 3 speed transmission seems gimmicky to me, but from all accounts it seems like a great feature. I'd like to test out out at some point haha, consider my interest piqued.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Bremon said:

Milwaukee's 9.0 and 6.0 are 9 months late from when they were initially set to launch. That doesn't scream rushing garbage to market. I also won't be stressed about buying 3.0 and 6.0 M12s. I don't think M12s draw enough current to have heat be a factor for cell life, etc. 

I'll also not be in line to congratulate on Dewalt on a brushless reciprocating saw or circular saw. They're 2-3 years late on those, and all they get from me is "it's about time". 

With regards to their new 60v I would say once reviews are in, it's very likely that they will deserve praise for a well designed battery and system. They also deserve praise for the 991 and 996 being assembled in the USA. Brushless premium drills seem like a flagship product in a cordless lineup, with the premium price to boot and I think corporations shave some money on margins to pay people a living wage. The 3 speed transmission seems gimmicky to me, but from all accounts it seems like a great feature. I'd like to test out out at some point haha, consider my interest piqued.

Even though I sold it, I loved the 3 speed transmission, the middle gear was pretty nice for drill concrete or more tender operations where you still needed some power, the milwaukee one key could easily achieve a middle setting though

The rushing junk out comment was more a crack on makita. Had bad experiences there. My m12 collection is by no means small. I'm very fond of Milwaukee. There has been duds though. The m12 multitool was pretty disappointing. Having only high speed on the m18 hole hawg made it pretty useless too. The standard drill is more versatile.

Even though I sold it, I loved the 3 speed transmission, the middle gear was pretty nice for drill concrete or more tender operations where you still needed some power, the milwaukee one key could easily achieve a middle setting though

I agree. I sold my first gen m18 fuel after trying to use a large hile saw for a dryer vent between the two settings it would either toss you around or not work at all. Thank god I wasn't on an extension ladder. Not an issue with the dcd995. Second fan fuel seems much better, would still kill for the second speed.

That second speed just gets work done faster with less strain.

1 minute ago, Bremon said:

I really like that the new fan cooled charger pushes out 8 (!) amps, and 4 into slim packs. 

I said it before in another thread and I'll say it again now, this right here is literally more valuable than the flexvolt line of tools. There's a few things I need out of the line, but those chargers are the best Dewalt release since the cordless 7 1/4" miter. 

That said, Dewalt loves to cut corners on their chargers that I will never, ever fully understand. They have good premium stuff, but pump out crap in the secondary field, tools that double as chargers have laughably horrible chargers and they've been shipping that POS compact charger with all the new kits as well...what the hell is that about? By the time the 9ah comes out, putting it into the charging bank/inverter for instance will literally take most if not all of the day to charge. Or the new area light. Or the radio. Etc... It's literally crippling their tools IMO and for me personally has stolen most of the thunder away from the new line because everything with a supporting charger is useless. I'm sure it will improve as the line grows but...WTF.  Two steps forward and one step back. 

4 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

I said it before in another thread and I'll say it again now, this right here is literally more valuable than the flexvolt line of tools. There's a few things I need out of the line, but those chargers are the best Dewalt release since the cordless 7 1/4" miter. 

That said, Dewalt loves to cut corners on their chargers that I will never, ever fully understand. They have good premium stuff, but pump out crap in the secondary field, tools that double as chargers have laughably horrible chargers and they've been shipping that POS compact charger with all the new kits as well...what the hell is that about? By the time the 9ah comes out, putting it into the charging bank/inverter for instance will literally take most if not all of the day to charge. Or the new area light. Or the radio. Etc... It's literally crippling their tools IMO and for me personally has stolen most of the thunder away from the new line because everything with a supporting charger is useless. I'm sure it will improve as the line grows but...WTF.  Two steps forward and one step back. 

Squeezing as much money from the market as possible once the consumer buys into the line, then the upgrade comes down the pipeline....

Just now, KnarlyCarl said:

Squeezing as much money from the market as possible once the consumer buys into the line, then the upgrade comes down the pipeline....

I can see playing with fire when you have 4 or less ah to charge, but when someone goes to charge their 6 or 9ah batteries and it's going to take LITERALLY 7 HOURS, people are going to be returning working product thinking for sure the unit is malfunctioning. I know if I weren't educated and bught into a system like that I wouldn't be keeping the tool. Especially when it comes to the charger/inverter system. It's completely crippled despite all of it's capability. I mean the balls they have to not put rapid chargers in that unit...they must have difficulty walking around the office. 

Let's see now how many chargers we have now for 20v: 

DCB101 (the OG and only good charger till 118)

DCB102

DCB103

DCB105

DCB106

DCB107

DCB112

DCB113

DCB115

And now the new DCB118

Took 8 different models that all do the same horrible job at charging a 20v battery to get to a unit that actually improved over the original design...what, 6 years later? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bremon said:

Mine is 112 I believe. Couldn't even find it on dewalt's site. Looks like the others anyway, but mirrored maybe based on pics lol

They're literally all the same. Only difference between any of the junk chargers is the 106/107 I think doesn't have the hot/cold pack delay notification. It's like they keep changing it to try to throw people off of the shit they're putting to market to fool the average joe meanwhile spending all that money to keep retooling the factory and paying engineers to come up with new ways to keep their job security instead of just shipping everything with the same original charger like they used too. 

I can't see them saving much money when you consider all aspects, but us the buyer gets screwed anyway. 

Agreed Hugh, whatever else it may be, it's certainly slow as hell, and that's coming from a guy who's been jealous at work of a coworker charging Makita 4.0s at a breakneck pace compared to my M18 5.0s. Can't wait for FlexVolt to hit the market. On another note, if the M18 HD kits with the 9.0s come to market and don't include the rapid charger that will be a huge gaffe as well.