20v max lasers!

SDS

Have not heard anything about these yet? Did anyone else know they were on the radar?

DEWALT® Launches 20V MAX* Rotary Lasers
New green and red beam lasers provide long battery life and durability

New Britain, CT — DEWALT® unveils three new 20V MAX* Rotary Lasers with one green rotary and two red rotaries. The 20V MAX* Series runs on a 20V MAX* Lithium-Ion Battery Platform providing users with the convenience of rechargeable power tool batteries.

Providing functionality for fixed or mobile usage and vertical or horizontal orientation, a removable 5/8” Thread Adaptor with side and bottom ports allows for the rotary lasers to attach with dual orientation to a tripod or bracket. Improved drop test ratings from 1 meter industry standards to 2 meters, provide enhanced durability for primary use on tripods and fall heights. 

The 20V MAX* Rotary Lasers have scan modes in 15°, 45°, and 90° with speed settings of 150, 300, 600, and 1,200 rpm.

All models come standard in DEWALT® TSTAK® Storage Case (DWST17816) for additional functionality [this sentence does not make sense].

Included with the DEWALT® 20V MAX* Rotary Laser are a 12V MAX**/20V MAX* charger, 2 Ah 20V MAX* batteries, detector, ceiling bracket, glasses, and a target card. Models DW079LR and DW079LG also include a remote control.  

The DEWALT® 20V MAX* Rotary Laser—model DW074LR—is a red beam rotary laser made of a durable design that features over-molded handles, 2 meter drop protection withstanding a 6ft drop, and IP54 water/debris resistance. Accuracy is +/- 1/8” at 100 ft.

The laser provides an interior range of 150 ft. or an exterior range of 1,500 ft. with the use of a detector.

The DEWALT® 20V MAX* RED Rotary Tough Laser—model DW079LR—is a red beam rotary that features a dual slope capacity and an improved IP67 water/debris resistance while still allowing for 2 meters drop protection. The RED Rotary Tough Laser also provides improved accuracy of +/- 1/16” at 100 ft.

The RED Rotary Tough Laser an interior range of 250 ft. or an exterior range of 2,000 ft. with the use of a detector.

The DEWALT® 20V MAX* GREEN Rotary Tough Laser—model DW079LG—features all of the benefits of the RED Rotary Tough Laser, but the rotary line and up/down plumb spots are green beam technology for enhanced visibility.

• Like 1

Your kidding right?? They just released the 12v lasers, make people buy into 12v and now they come out with 20v? Classic Dewalt right there leaving, Milwaukee may be more money for stuff but at least I don't keep shelling out cash for multiple battery platforms lol

Jimbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

36 minutes ago, RickyMcGrath said:

Yup. Typical. I'm really pissed it appears they may scratch the 40v line already.

DeWalt stated they are not scratching the 40v platform. It is a dedicated battery platform for the OPE equipment. Look at the size of the 40v battery to the 60v, it is a monster. It is specifically developed to handle high demand OPE equipment. This was all stated to various people who attended the DeWalt event.

• Like 5

this makes sense to me. i always thought that the 12v lasers just didnt seem good enough for outdoor jobs like surveying a backyards for pools and patios. they seem alot more for indoor jobs then anything. i would love to use the 12v to install cabinets quickly.

On 6/29/2016 at 9:46 AM, JimboS1ice said:

Your kidding right?? They just released the 12v lasers, make people buy into 12v and now they come out with 20v? Classic Dewalt right there leaving, Milwaukee may be more money for stuff but at least I don't keep shelling out cash for multiple battery platforms lol

Jimbo

You have already left. Even though you did a test of hammer drills and the DeWALT was about 10% faster than the Milwaukee. You quit DeWALT because of their multiple battery platforms. You hate them, you are taking your toys and going home. You can save yourself some time and not even complain about them any more.

If I were to ask why does Milwaukee have 12 volt chargers and 18 volt chargers instead on one that does both, or perhaps ask why you need circular saws in both 12 and 18 volts, I would probably catch some fecal matter for such thoughts or questions. So I won't ask those questions, because I don't have any of the their cordless tools ( but in no uncertain terms am I giving up my Tilt-Lock corded circular saw).

I will admit I have a tool addiction, but I try to be very pragmatic in my purchases. I want one or two battery platforms, my old 18V DeWALTs are relatively low milage, so chances are they will be around for another 10 years, with replacement or overhauled batteries to extend their life. I did pick up a few 12V Max tools a drill and impact kit and later a driver with clutch and 1/4" hex shank holder, which I use more often than an impact now. I picked them up because the price was great and I wanted compact and lightweight. I could have as easily bought Milwaukee, but I don't really need all the other stuff they sell and the chargers I have now will work with the 20V Max should I ever buy the tools.

Constructive criticism is ok. If we didn't get to complain this board would be ridiculously boring. Dewalt reps should be able to easily find complaints about running half a dozen systems so going forward the next big idea in a boardroom isn't a new battery system lol. If people didn't complain Milwaukee wouldn't have fixed their gen one stand lights, and would still think their nailers are godly. Makita would still deny they had a battery problem.

My opinion; Dewalt's 12v system is a stepchild they no longer want to have in family pictures. Their FlexVolt backwards compatibility is a step in the right direction. Milwaukee has a 12v saw because their 12v system is for the most part complete enough for some people to stay within exclusively. When you look at other manufacturer's 12v lines often all you see if a drill, impact, maybe a jig saw.

Be grumpy at tool companies for duping people into buying shit, then releasing what they should have put out the first time around a year later; don't get mad at crew for calling them out on it lol. 

In that pic earlier, those big boxy brutes remind me of some Hilti's I've seen on sites. I have to imagine these Dewalt's will be priced far more economically. 

You have already left. Even though you did a test of hammer drills and the DeWALT was about 10% faster than the Milwaukee. You quit DeWALT because of their multiple battery platforms. You hate them, you are taking your toys and going home. You can save yourself some time and not even complain about them any more.

If I were to ask why does Milwaukee have 12 volt chargers and 18 volt chargers instead on one that does both, or perhaps ask why you need circular saws in both 12 and 18 volts, I would probably catch some fecal matter for such thoughts or questions. So I won't ask those questions, because I don't have any of the their cordless tools ( but in no uncertain terms am I giving up my Tilt-Lock corded circular saw).

I will admit I have a tool addiction, but I try to be very pragmatic in my purchases. I want one or two battery platforms, my old 18V DeWALTs are relatively low milage, so chances are they will be around for another 10 years, with replacement or overhauled batteries to extend their life. I did pick up a few 12V Max tools a drill and impact kit and later a driver with clutch and 1/4" hex shank holder, which I use more often than an impact now. I picked them up because the price was great and I wanted compact and lightweight. I could have as easily bought Milwaukee, but I don't really need all the other stuff they sell and the chargers I have now will work with the 20V Max should I ever buy the tools.

Yes I did "quit" dewalts cordless tools but I can still react to releasing tools they just released in a different platform. These days when you buy a drill your not just buying a drill, for many of us non addicts your locking yourself into a line up so someone who isn't as keen as us on tools can drop some major cash on a tool combo and that's the only line they'll ever have.

As for Milwaukee my chargers have both 12v and 18v in one charger, now the slots are not the same. Look at makita, they just bailed on their stock lacks for 12v and although we don't talk about it that is a huge bummer for stick pack users because they're left behind.

Maybe I've been over the top because I've been pissed off a little but wouldn't you be upset if you paid 500 bucks for a laser and 6 months later they release one that works on the batteries you already got laying around.

I may have sold my tools, but I didn't sell my rights to have opinions on them.

Grumpy Jimbo

• Like 2

Think of it not as them bailing on 12v users but of them giving 20v users an option on their lineup so they don't have to invest in the 12v lineup. They are literally giving you all the options on one platform. You can't be upset at them both branching out into other battery lines and them providing a more unified battery platform. You get mad at one or the other but not both. Or am I missing something obvious here?

Think of it not as them bailing on 12v users but of them giving 20v users an option on their lineup so they don't have to invest in the 12v lineup. They are literally giving you all the options on one platform. You can't be upset at them both branching out into other battery lines and them providing a more unified battery platform. You get mad at one or the other but not both. Or am I missing something obvious here?

I wouldn't say I'm mad, just if I bought into a 12v laser having 20v batteries I would be irritated, it's like buying a 2015 car then the next year they put a bigger engine

Jimbo

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 2

It's not upsetting that they give both systems the same items; that's good. It's that they put it in the half-assed system first rather than the more common system. Many people wanting said items would have got 12v batteries as well, instead of waiting a year and not needing more batteries.

That said, I don't have any 12v Max and likely never will. Milwaukee, Bosch and now Makita all have much more well rounded systems.

• Like 1

I wouldn't say I'm mad, just if I bought into a 12v laser having 20v batteries I would be irritated, it's like buying a 2015 car then the next year they put a bigger engine

Jimbo

Hey Jimbo try the same year they put in a bigger engine, see how pissed you can get then. A--holes at ford. Sorry.

John, Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk[emoji848]

• Like 2

Hey Jimbo try the same year they put in a bigger engine, see how pissed you can get then. A--holes at ford. Sorry.

Lol yea when they do the 2016.5 models

Jimbo

• Like 1

Lol yea when they do the 2016.5 models

Jimbo

No in 2010 when I bought the Raptor! Being impatient as I am. I had to have it right away, and payed the price. Got in January, 3 months later they switched from the 5.4 to the 6.2 ltr engines. They went from 330 hp to 410 hp. For that heavy of truck it made the difference.

No in 2010 when I bought the Raptor! Being impatient as I am. I had to have it right away, and payed the price. Got in January, 3 months later they switched from the 5.4 to the 6.2 ltr engines. They went from 330 hp to 410 hp. For that heavy of truck it made the difference.

They do that quite frequently, my dad sold fords for a lot of years and has been in the car business a long time, they call those half year models when they change them, burns a lot of customers, that truck should have had a big motor to begin with

Jimbo