20v max lasers!

SDS

2 hours ago, Bremon said:

It's not upsetting that they give both systems the same items; that's good. It's that they put it in the half-assed system first rather than the more common system. Many people wanting said items would have got 12v batteries as well, instead of waiting a year and not needing more batteries.

I don't think people would be angry if this were another brand.  Look at the Milwaukee stand lights and Makita's dozen impact drivers.  You just assume they're going to put out a real version in a year.  Dewalt on the other hand you expect the final version.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JimboS1ice said:

I wouldn't say I'm mad, just if I bought into a 12v laser having 20v batteries I would be irritated, it's like buying a 2015 car then the next year they put a bigger engine

Jimbo

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That makes sense I guess. Probably not a fan of Apple then?

That makes sense I guess. Probably not a fan of Apple then?

Married to Apple but don't get sucked into having the newest tech, everything I have is a few years old.

Jimbo

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edit: that realm of tech has become disposable, I've come to terms with that so I guess we need to understand tools are becoming like that...

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, jeffmcmillan said:

I don't think people would be angry if this were another brand.  Look at the Milwaukee stand lights and Makita's dozen impact drivers.  You just assume they're going to put out a real version in a year.  Dewalt on the other hand you expect the final version.

I disagree. Those brands deserve to take shit for those blunders too. Milwaukee is keeping both stand lights (because the new charging one costs twice as much). They have made changes to the low end one though and provided parts to early adopters to address deficiencies. Hoping they'll make some quick fixes to their nailers too. I also think it's hard to argue that Makita claiming largest system of 18v tools on the back of 15 different drills and impacts isn't pretty sad though.

On the other hand, with Dewalt, they've dragged their asses with so many products that they have no real excuse for not getting it right the first time. Just like Milwaukee nailers, the wait for perfection makes disappointment that much more bitter. If FlexVolt doesn't hit the ground running with great initial feedback from tradies I'll wonder what the hell they've waited so long for.

Yes I agree, Makita and their star batteries, more BL impacts than I have fingers...

Milwaukee with a new stand I know a few guys are ticked

Jimbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk