To Have More Batteries or More Tools...?

olletsocmit

So my question is more Milwaukee tools or more Milwaukee batteries? I currently have the fuel M18 hammer drill and impact driver kit, as well as the fuel circular saw and jigsaw. For batteries I currently have a charger into 5.0 batteries ... So another battery or another bare tool? Since these 5.0 batteries last so long do you guys have a bunch of batteries are you getting by with just a few.

I have this brand-new battery & charger, my question is keep it or return it and put the $130 bucks towards another tool? Very rarely do I see myself, if I ever needing a 2nd charger to charge 2 batteries at the same time. Keep the battery and just toss the extra charger in the closet or sell the brand new charger only (how much could I jet for a new charger?) or return for $130 and get another bare tool if so recommendations?

I currently have the following:

9302cf3c1973ba3d64091e5897e9ff39.jpg

a5f5b3446da7afb449a14ef16d63a87d.jpg

f26c1910c7e9f76f735df3f2411bcc06.jpg

92b46e73e0c245480d31c0647ec07ac2.jpg

I really don't think you need many if you're not a pro. How many tools do you use consecutively? Normally you do all your cutting then drive. You need two for your impact and drill, those often will be used at once. For cutting, you normally won't use more than two type of cutting tools...so I think you need roughly three batteries but maybe four to be safe to avoid downtime. If you ever find yourself having to switch batteries mid-job between tools, you obviously need one more! 

• Like 1

5.0s take forever to charge on a standard charger but I would still stick w few batteries and more tools. Batteries are boring. Buy more when your current supply can't keep up anymore. Also, new chargers are cheap second hand. $10. Everyone always has more than they know what to do with. 

• Like 1

I like to have at least 1 battery per tool, higher demand tools I like to have 2 per tool of that helps

Jimbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yea that helps at lot man. Since the charger and battery I have is $139, I think I should swap it for the 2 pack of 5's. That way I will have 4 batteries. I think it would be better to have 4 batteries and 1 charger instead of 2 chargers and 3 batteries.

Think about the most tools you'll need on hand at a time and get that many batteries.  If you'll be doing that for extended periods of time add one more.

If you're one battery short, every time you get to that tool without a battery you have to think through which tool will be idle longest.  Absolute pain in the ass.  Also remember to drain one battery preferentially so they don't all go dead at the same time.

• Like 1