My short -lived experience with Bosch

KnarlyCarl

PS22! Now on the top of my list. Very nice (and finally a belt clip)!

I wondered if the fuel M12 hackzall was bigger or not. The non-fuel is nearly identical to the Bosch 12v saw. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, D W said:

The Bosch 12v batteries look smaller than M12's

Yeah, that has always been a mystery to me. Bosch even introduced a new 18v one handed recip similar to the Milwaukee. Regardless, brand wars are a big deal on TIA and seem to sprout up every once in a while. Milwaukee is a huge company and has some really strong offerings out there but I really like my little Bosch's just fine. Very high quality and the size of the tools are tiny which is great for that intricate work. 

• Like 1

I too love my Bosch 12v lineup. I recently upgraded my PS31 drill to the PS32 Brushless drill. It is a bit more compact than the PS31 and has a belt clip which I like a lot. I am a little disappointed that power was not increased and they got rid of the rubber on the front of the grip. Is the PS22 brushless screwdriver any smaller than the PS21? I do not believe I will be upgrading my PS41 impact to the brushless unit as power was not increased any. I definitely don't need an increase in runtime as it is already awesome. I do love my 12v barrel grip jigsaw though.

As of late though, the Makita 12v lineup has me very interested and considering a switch. They new brushless varieties are awesome and quite compact. Plus, they already have a saw in the states whereas Bosch has had theirs out 3 years with no sign of it coming to NA.

The new Makita brushless drill (FD07R1) is also much more powerful than the Bosch PS32.

Found these comparison photos here:

https://triple.com.hk/2016/04/makita牧田-df332dwae-vs-bosch博世-gsr10-8v-ec-brushless-無碳刷對決-vs-同門df331dwae/

Bosch PS32 vs Makita CXT.png

Bosch PS32 vs Makita CXT2.png

Bosch PS32 vs Makita CXT3.png

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, The.Handyman said:

I too love my Bosch 12v lineup. I recently upgraded my PS31 drill to the PS32 Brushless drill. It is a bit more compact than the PS31 and has a belt clip which I like a lot. I am a little disappointed that power was not increased and they got rid of the rubber on the front of the grip. Is the PS22 brushless screwdriver any smaller than the PS21? I do not believe I will be upgrading my PS41 impact to the brushless unit as power was not increased any. I definitely don't need an increase in runtime as it is already awesome. I do love my 12v barrel grip jigsaw though.

As of late though, the Makita 12v lineup has me very interested and considering a switch. They new brushless varieties are awesome and quite compact. Plus, they already have a saw in the states whereas Bosch has had theirs out 3 years with no sign of it coming to NA.

The new Makita brushless drill (FD07R1) is also much more powerful than the Bosch PS32.

Found these comparison photos here:

https://triple.com.hk/2016/04/makita牧田-df332dwae-vs-bosch博世-gsr10-8v-ec-brushless-無碳刷對決-vs-同門df331dwae/

Bosch PS32 vs Makita CXT.png

Bosch PS32 vs Makita CXT2.png

Bosch PS32 vs Makita CXT3.png

The PS22 is a lot shorter than the 32 and I honestly never really considered that one as my CXS has a Jacobs chuck too. The Makita look like awesome little tools and appear to be sized like the Hilti but I think the Hiltis might be a tad bit smaller.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fazzman said:

I love my Bosch 12v line too. cant wait for the new brushless impacts to come out this month sometime. 

Is that the rumor about them Fazz? That is pretty exciting. I don't currently have a compact impactor and keeping my 12v Blues is a priority for me.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ChrisK said:

Is that the rumor about them Fazz? That is pretty exciting. I don't currently have a compact impactor and keeping my 12v Blues is a priority for me.

You can now pick up the Bosch brushless impact (PS42) on Ebay for $124 shipped. This seems like a pretty good price. The Bosch 10.8v (12v) circular saw, grinder, and rotary tool are all around $150 shipped for the bare tools. The damn brushless drywall screwgun has not made it to Ebay yet. I caved and got the DeWalt drywall gun kit on sale much cheaper than I could buy the 12v Bosch bare tool.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bosch-GDR10-8V-EC-Professional-Cordless-Impact-Driver-EC-brushless-Body-Only-/121970181804?hash=item1c65fd46ac:g:XxsAAOSwr41XIc2R

15 minutes ago, ChrisK said:

The PS22 is a lot shorter than the 32 and I honestly never really considered that one as my CXS has a Jacobs chuck too. The Makita look like awesome little tools and appear to be sized like the Hilti but I think the Hiltis might be a tad bit smaller.

I am familiar the PS22 is a lot shorter than the PS32 since it has no chuck. There is no comparison photo of the Bosch PS22 versus this new Makita CXT brushless screwdriver. It looks like it would be a close match for sure. I have not researched the claimed power level of each.

Makita CXT screwdriver.jpg

Bosch PS 22.jpg

Makita CXT screwdriver2.jpg

Bosch PS 22 2.jpg

I absolutely love my Bosch 12v tools. That being said I am curious to see where Makita is heading with their 12v lineup. I don't know if I would be inclined to switch, but it could be interesting to see them make a run at Milwaukee. I almost grabbed one of the 12v Makita kits when they were on sale for father's day.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

• Like 2

3 hours ago, kruton said:

I absolutely love my Bosch 12v tools. That being said I am curious to see where Makita is heading with their 12v lineup. I don't know if I would be inclined to switch, but it could be interesting to see them make a run at Milwaukee. I almost grabbed one of the 12v Makita kits when they were on sale for father's day.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

The Makita 12v $99 sale kits contain their brushed models with only 1.5ah batteries. All other kits contain 2.0ah batteries.

In doing all this research today on Bosch 12v versus Makita 12v I noticed one thing which bothered me. The newest Bosch 12v brushless offerings (PS22 and PS32) are rated much lower in power compared to their brushed counterparts (PS21 & PS31).

PS21 & PS31 are rated at 265 in/lbs

PS22 & PS32 are rated at 179 in/lbs

Makita 12v CXT lineup at 280 in/lbs

These are numbers I checked with Bosch NA and Bosch Germany websites. Also noted was the Bosch PS22 and PS21 are the exact same size but the brushless PS22 is .1 pound less weight. This does not seem like a good trade off just to have a belt clip and bit holder. The PS32 is a bit smaller than the PS31.

I am not certain if this would translate in the real world. I loved my PS31 and just recently got the PS32. I have not used it much. I own both still. I guess a tool fight to prove if the brushless is indeed less powerful.

Note: The Bosch PS42 is the same dimensions as the PS41 with a slight bump in power (110nm to 105nm). Granted the PS42 gets light control, variable speed, and a belt clip. I just don't see the innovation here. All these years the PS41 has been out and it is still a contender. Now a new version is out with new components and the size is the same with minimal power increase. I for one, will not be upgrading my PS41.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, ChrisK said:

Thats what Acme tools keeps telling me.

• Like 1

In doing all this research today on Bosch 12v versus Makita 12v I noticed one thing which bothered me. The newest Bosch 12v brushless offerings (PS22 and PS32) are rated much lower in power compared to their brushed counterparts (PS21 & PS31).

PS21 & PS31 are rated at 265 in/lbs

PS22 & PS32 are rated at 179 in/lbs

Makita 12v CXT lineup at 280 in/lbs

These are numbers I checked with Bosch NA and Bosch Germany websites. Also noted was the Bosch PS22 and PS21 are the exact same size but the brushless PS22 is .1 pound less weight. This does not seem like a good trade off just to have a belt clip and bit holder. The PS32 is a bit smaller than the PS31.

I am not certain if this would translate in the real world. I loved my PS31 and just recently got the PS32. I have not used it much. I own both still. I guess a tool fight to prove if the brushless is indeed less powerful.

Note: The Bosch PS42 is the same dimensions as the PS41 with a slight bump in power (110nm to 105nm). Granted the PS42 gets light control, variable speed, and a belt clip. I just don't see the innovation here. All these years the PS41 has been out and it is still a contender. Now a new version is out with new components and the size is the same with minimal power increase. I for one, will not be upgrading my PS41.

To compare drills by specs are almost impossible, as the different manufactors measure in different ways. We sell makita, dewalt and Bosch from our store, and when comparing the heavy duty drills from all of them, and Hitachi and Milwaukee as well, Hitachi dewalt and Bosch came out the strongest, in that order. All though makita and Milwaukee had the highest specs.

Bosch only says 92 nm i think. They are concidering, changing the was if meassure, and/or let a independent Company take vare of the testing.

Bying drills by only looking at specs is almost the same as bying a car by looking at the speedometer in my opinion. [emoji6]

• Like 1

4 hours ago, tottobjer said:

To compare drills by specs are almost impossible, as the different manufactors measure in different ways. We sell makita, dewalt and Bosch from our store, and when comparing the heavy duty drills from all of them, and Hitachi and Milwaukee as well, Hitachi dewalt and Bosch came out the strongest, in that order. All though makita and Milwaukee had the highest specs.

Bosch only says 92 nm i think. They are concidering, changing the was if meassure, and/or let a independent Company take vare of the testing.

Bying drills by only looking at specs is almost the same as bying a car by looking at the speedometer in my opinion. emoji6.png

I completely agree with you. I base my purchases off of how the tool feels in my hand and then based off of others reviews who would use the tool in a similar way that I would.

I was just throwing out there the specs that I found while internet browsing. I watch a YouTube video over the weekend that was comparing the Bosch 12v brushed to the newer brushless models. The brushless models absolutely had more power and a lot longer runtime than the brushed models. Bosch is crazy for putting the torque specs up there like they have it.

Rest easy Bosch 12v owners. The brushless are powerful little tools!