I just had a F-ed up trip to Walmart the Cart Attendent scratched the hell out of my bumper.

DR99

I hope they don't give me any grief about this. This wasn't damage from an errant cart or a customer this was a Walmart employee taking carts in messing my brand new car up. Walmart is kinda lucky I could ask for depreciation damages potentially because now they car ill have a mark on Carfax now and all they put down is collision no details which is bs. Still doing it right isn't going to be cheap and I want a rental car.

13557677_10206541913210537_5310234379364418477_n.jpg

13528680_10206541913170536_4832710755665863205_n.jpg

53 minutes ago, ChrisK said:

What exactly happened?

A Walmart employee was doing his job hauling carts back to the front of the store to the parking lot he wasn't paying attention and let the stack of carts get too close to my car leading to the damage. He admitted that he wasn't paying close attention to what he was doing. I hope that was is fairly clear as to what happened. The managers admitted fault it was a mess up on the stores behalf, but those are just local managers.

52 minutes ago, JimboS1ice said:

I hate Walmart... Bullshit on the car fax too

Jimbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It sucks they should have rankings on damage because that is way different from a major wreck. Bumpers get damaged all the time.

• Like 1

Bro that's a bloody scratch. Take it and have it repaired out of pocket. You're actually thinking of having insurance on that? You're nuts...the out of pocket is probably 1/10th of your deductible to fix a little paint. 

This is human error...not Walmart. Can't say I see what it is you're actually getting at. 

The Walmart employee messing up and scratching the hell out of the car means t I have to pay a few hundred dollars to get my 3 month old car fixed? If it was a random shopping cart fine shit happens the guy was pushing a line of shopping carts and hit my car. Walmart is responsible for their employee damaging my car its going through their insurance if it goes bad I will fine a claim and they will sue Walmart. To fix it right means the whole bumper needs to be re cleared you can just spot in metallic paint with out it looking like ass.  MikeZ works at a body shop and will tell you its not going to be a cheap repair it took out a chunk of plastic to do it right means the bumper will need to be removed prepped, repaired, painted, cleared and reinstalled. Your going to be hard pressed to find a good body shop to do that repair for under 600 bucks.

• Like 1

Let's say it's a few hundred dollars...and let's say your deductible is $1,000. You're going to pay an additional ~$700 for the repair, which is going to be reported through the insurance as an accident, which is going to take, depending on the level of depreciation when you sell or trade, potentially thousands of dollars off your sale or trade plus eventually and inevitably they're likely to raise your insurance premium. If you have accident forgiveness...you're going to blow it on this and they still could raise your premium in a few months as a result anyhow and cite any number of variables you can't control.

I think you're being a baby about this. I mean it sucks I feel ya, my first damage a steel framed trash can rolled up under my right rear wheel and ruined a whole quarter panel, but bro...sue walmart because a dude bumped your car with a cart? A rental car? And paying out the ass just to make them pay for it and cost yourself money twice again? You bought a new car, with that you assume the responsibility of upkeep if you so choose and shit happens, and it's going to keep happening.

You seem a little anal about your car and I get it, but I'd personally buy a touch up pen and color that thing and keep on going. This is not the last scratch your car will ever have. To date I have about 12 dents and scratches in my truck in 10 years and only 2 of them was from me. If I freaked about each one I'd have about $9,000 worth of repairs after deductible and years of increased insurance premiums as a result. 

Keep it in perspective and be realistic. 

I never said I was suing Walmart they are going to to use their store insurance to repair my bumper for those situations where there employee fucks up and damages a persons property  I never said I was suing them over it. I'm in a shitty mood your lucky I just didn't ban your ass I'm not in the fucking mood for this kinda shit. This is supposed to be a nice fucking community not some fucking rack my ass over the coals. I think I will take a break from this place for awhile.

4 hours ago, DR99 said:

I never said I was suing Walmart they are going to to use their store insurance to repair my bumper for those situations where there employee fucks up and damages a persons property  I never said I was suing them over it. I'm in a shitty mood your lucky I just didn't ban your ass I'm not in the fucking mood for this kinda shit. This is supposed to be a nice fucking community not some fucking rack my ass over the coals. I think I will take a break from this place for awhile.

I'm with you Jason. The guy walked it into your car. I know you just bought that car, it's scratch free and somebody who wasn't paying attention bashed a line of carts into your car. You have every right to be pissed off. I would have flipped my lid. I work hard. I get paid for my job. I pay my bills. I get a new vehicle. It's mine. I've earned it.  The problem with society today is people do stupid crap and don't get held accountable for what they do. Clearly the kid was not out joy riding a line of carts and singing "its remaining men" when he steered this multi cart train wreck waiting to happen into your new Chevrolet but, his poor judgement caused this incident. It sounds like Wally World is willing to make everything right? If not, coming from experience, you are right, a simple gouge in a car costs cash. Body shops do awesome work but it's got to be paid for and why on Earth should you pay for it? Completely agree dude. Also don't split, it's a full time job. It's good to come on the forum and vent. Thats what we are here for.

Guys that react like that via the post by name calling? Making it sound like you're a douche? Well.....everybody is entitled to an opinion. Even if they don't know what they're talking about. But maybe be a little more civil about it? Maybe? Use the personal messenger? Maybe? Word it a little more.......hmmmmmm......what is the phrase I am looking for????? Intelligently? This is a great forum but sometimes....people get a little ahead of themselves.

I don't know. Just the ramblings of a guy, sitting on a toilet, having not had his first cup of coffee. 

• Like 2

I'm with you Jason. The guy walked it into your car. I know you just bought that car, it's scratch free and somebody who wasn't paying attention bashed a line of carts into your car. You have every right to be pissed off. I would have flipped my lid. I work hard. I get paid for my job. I pay my bills. I get a new vehicle. It's mine. I've earned it.  The problem with society today is people do stupid crap and don't get held accountable for what they do. Clearly the kid was not out joy riding a line of carts and singing "its remaining men" when he steered this multi cart train wreck waiting to happen into your new Chevrolet but, his poor judgement caused this incident. It sounds like Wally World is willing to make everything right? If not, coming from experience, you are right, a simple gouge in a car costs cash. Body shops do awesome work but it's got to be paid for and why on Earth should you pay for it? Completely agree dude. Also don't split, it's a full time job. It's good to come on the forum and vent. Thats what we are here for.

Guys that react like that via the post by name calling? Making it sound like you're a douche? Well.....everybody is entitled to an opinion. Even if they don't know what they're talking about. But maybe be a little more civil about it? Maybe? Use the personal messenger? Maybe? Word it a little more.......hmmmmmm......what is the phrase I am looking for????? Intelligently? This is a great forum but sometimes....people get a little ahead of themselves.

I don't know. Just the ramblings of a guy, sitting on a toilet, having not had his first cup of coffee. 

Don't do what I did......

Must be Monday::

IMG_20160704_082622313

Walked away and forgot the carafe ??

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

10 hours ago, DR99 said:

I'm not here to rib you, this is a public forum and I disagree with you and simply stated as much, I don't think you're thinking the repercussions through and are going to make a mistake financially...if you want to ban me for disagreeing with you and trying to save you some money, that is abuse of power my friend. I can't stop you, but you know that's not right. You act like if you had a gun in your hand you might have shot this guy in the knee cap, lol. Like I said it sucks, even gut wrenching the first time...but It's just a car. Take pride in your belongings, and getting upset is normal but it's only a thing even though you worked hard for it, it's only money. Like I said, keep it in perspective.

It's not personal. I don't have anything against you bro. This is my last comment on the topic, tirade away and do what you will...just think it through. 

16 hours ago, DR99 said:

A Walmart employee was doing his job hauling carts back to the front of the store to the parking lot he wasn't paying attention and let the stack of carts get too close to my car leading to the damage. He admitted that he wasn't paying close attention to what he was doing. I hope that was is fairly clear as to what happened. The managers admitted fault it was a mess up on the stores behalf, but those are just local managers.

A Walmart employee not paying attention? That's hard to believe, all they hire are brainiacs.  

• Like 2

On 7/5/2016 at 10:31 AM, JimboS1ice said:

Claim should be filed under Walmart, not Jason's policy, not-affecting his insurance rate.

Jimbo

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Exactly. I have no idea why anyone is worried about a Carfax report. The insurance company has zero to do with this. You file a report with WalMart, you take your car to a body shop and get an estimate. Walmart pays out on the estimate and you go get your car fixed. No insurance company needs to be dealt with, no police report, no anything that Carfax would know about. Hell, if that worried, tell the body shop you don't want it reported and have that written in the paperwork.