Damn-it California

EEtwidget

8 hours ago, EEtwidget said:

Speaking of tools. I though TIA had a UTB Giveaway on the 4th? Did the guys stop the UTB 4th giveaway or did I miss the video?

I remember in a video they mentioned moving it to the end of year and have a super duper UTB. 

The monthly giveaways are pretty cool. Helps to get more people winning as opposed to just two big giveaways a year. Sorry to hijack your thread.

Suck it California! That should get it back on track[emoji16] [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

• Like 3

I would love to move out of California but the wife doesn't want too. I'm more that small town, trees and freedom kind of guy. I don't much care for Starbucks or manbuns. 

Two UTB a year seemed like a bit much anyway. Somehow though, it became part of my 4th of July celebrations.

• Like 2

I can't say that I agree about the Statbucks, but I am right there with you on the man bun issue. For some reason I just can't take a guy seriously that has a bun in his hair.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

• Like 4

1 hour ago, EEtwidget said:

Society is tearing itself apart. Is there a tool to fix it? I'm seriously considering removing social media from my life. Maybe I won't care so much if I don't see the comments... 

This is my social media. I don't belong to anything else. No Twitter, no Facebook no nothing. I don't need to read everybody else's garbage. Makes me a little less in "the know" but I am okay with that. My wife is carrying our first child, I'm getting ready to retire in 2 yrs 2 mos and I need to focus on what is important. Heck, I don't even have the apps for this forum and I'm a mod. I use the mobile site almost exclusively and sometimes the desktop site.

• Like 1

On ‎7‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 2:57 AM, ChrisK said:

This is my social media. I don't belong to anything else. No Twitter, no Facebook no nothing. I don't need to read everybody else's garbage. Makes me a little less in "the know" but I am okay with that. My wife is carrying our first child, I'm getting ready to retire in 2 yrs 2 mos and I need to focus on what is important. Heck, I don't even have the apps for this forum and I'm a mod. I use the mobile site almost exclusively and sometimes the desktop site.

im exactly the same here bro I just feel like there's way to much drama on social media and plus im trying to show my kiddos that you have to to actually talk to people and not text or FB message lol! these kids these days cant even sit down and have real conversations no more I see it everyday at work

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bigmikez said:

im exactly the same here bro I just feel like there's way to much drama on social media and plus im trying to show my kiddos that you have to to actually talk to people and not text or FB message lol! these kids these days cant even sit down and have real conversations no more I see it everyday at work

Good for you Mike! When we have ours I'm doing the sam thing. Nothing worse than listening to people talk about garbage or when your talking they are messaging or tweeting instead of making eye contact.

• Like 1

Yeah, in all fairness, my Dad is from Dunsmuir, one of my brothers was born in Redding another in Nevada City and I went through 1st and 2nd grade in Grass Valley and Marysville. Long time ago. I went back to the Grass Valley area in 05 for a visit and it is quite the tourist trap!

• Like 1

Good ole Marysville,sister town to Yuba City where I was born.

5 hours ago, Stercorarius said:

California.... small town feeling...... does not compute.

It's true,alot of farm land out here in sacramento valley. Not all of Cali is lame like you see portrayed in movies.  Grass valley is full of yuppies nowadays,nice area thou.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Stercorarius said:

California.... small town feeling...... does not compute.

NY is like that too. As soon as you get about an hour north of NYC  you'll see trees and farms. NY is the 3rd largest dairy producing state behind only Cali and Wisconsin. Also another bit of NY trivia: Adirondack Park is the largest publicly protected area in the contiguous United States, greater in size than Yellowstone, Everglades, Glacier, and Grand Canyon National Park combined. California is a huge state, way bigger than NY, but today you get defined by your largest cities and not the overwhelming size of the geography outside the urban areas.

8 hours ago, BMack37 said:

My Aunt's family lived in Grass Valley for as long as I remember. Her husband's family owned the Lumber yard and the Fowler Plaza it was in...very nice area.

My Dad was the Bank of America manager in Grass Galley when he got out of the military. We ended up moving to NH where my Mom is from when my Nana got diagnosed with Cancer. Then to Maine! My whole fathers side lof the family is from Northern California. My Dad was telling me that my uncle moved from Dunsmuir last year after my Grandfather had passed and left him the house several years ago. The community is now devoid of my family for the first time since the early 1800s

4 hours ago, ChrisK said:

My Dad was the Bank of America manager in Grass Galley when he got out of the military. We ended up moving to NH where my Mom is from when my Nana got diagnosed with Cancer. Then to Maine! My whole fathers side lof the family is from Northern California. My Dad was telling me that my uncle moved from Dunsmuir last year after my Grandfather had passed and left him the house several years ago. The community is now devoid of my family for the first time since the early 1800s

That's a shame, seems like all the long-time residents are moving on. California is beautiful when you get out of the big cities and away from the desert, shame their government ruins the whole damn state. I'm a city guy, I have to live in a city, I don't know how to deal with living in the country(though I like to visit)...I'd love to live in SF, the weather is amazing and tons of single women, no idea why ;). Problem is that it's in California and that you pretty much have to be a millionaire to move in.

• Like 2