flexvolt UK/ EU

itchyspanner

UK / EU for the moment anyways :)

i alittle sad about the uk market not getting the big 120v mitre, we are getting a 216mm 60v mitre based on an old model of saw sold in the EU. Maybe when we leave the EU system dewalt can sell usa spec tools to the uk market without having to change design/ safety features.

heres the saw we are getting

Dewalt DCS777T2 54V 216mm FlexVolt Cordless Mitre Saw XPS

we are also getting a 54v aligator saw

Dewalt DCS397T2 54V 6.0Ah 430mm FlexVolt Alligator Saw

• Like 1

It's still likely more powerful than the 20v version and brushless but yea, I could see the issue. I'm sure they'll find some way to bring it on both sides of the pond, not much exist in one place and not the other. In fact I recall the 20v 7-1/4" miter saw coming out stateside months before you to comply with EU regulation. It just tends to see-saw that way. 

16 minutes ago, StrippedScrew said:

Have you seen the prices! they jumped from €556 to €660 $741 for in circular saw. Crazy

About €580 in the UK for the kits. Thats just with the grinder, circular or reciprocating saw with 2 batteries and charger

If you guys actually leave the EU your currency can reach CAD levels of awful and you won't be able to afford any new tools anyway, better buy this one ASAP. (Kidding of course, we Canadians will have the worst valued colourful currency outside of monopoly for the foreseeable future). 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, StrippedScrew said:

I might give it a miss for a few months the prices might drop abit. 

I've just been taking on a bit of weekend work to fund for mine. I'd like to wait and see more reviews etc but I'm strung out for a new tool and I need a reciprocating saw. I was ready to order the new makita which hit UK markets the same week dewalt announced flexvolt and now I really want the dewalt one

Historically the only thing that really changes much in pricing is the batteries, tools remain the same for quite some time. 

A DCD775 bare tool costs $110. It's now like 8 years old, on an old battery platform, and inferior to anything released on the market today for roughly the same price. 

You can buy the DCD996, the newest offering, for $10 more. 

The loonie hit the porcelain quite a while back and Milwaukee sent out a price hike. Dewalt and Makita are in the same ball park. Making money is the name of the game, and the greenback is the standard by which others are measured. 

5 hours ago, StrippedScrew said:

I might give it a miss for a few months the prices might drop abit. 

4 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

Historically the only thing that really changes much in pricing is the batteries, tools remain the same for quite some time. 

Milwaukee is the main company to have an "early adopter fee" with price cuts and sales a few months later, but that's because they're usually the first company to push a new type of tool.  I could see dewalt doing the same with the flex system now that they're ahead.

7 hours ago, itchyspanner said:

UK / EU for the moment anyways :)

i alittle sad about the uk market not getting the big 120v mitre, we are getting a 216mm 60v mitre based on an old model of saw sold in the EU. Maybe when we leave the EU system dewalt can sell usa spec tools to the uk market without having to change design/ safety features.

heres the saw we are getting

Dewalt DCS777T2 54V 216mm FlexVolt Cordless Mitre Saw XPS

we are also getting a 54v aligator saw

Dewalt DCS397T2 54V 6.0Ah 430mm FlexVolt Alligator Saw

I have to correct you.. Europe is getting the 120v.. It will come in February 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, itchyspanner said:

There will def be a price drop after 6/12 months as seen with other dewalt tools in the UK. As with alot of these goods there is a certain high demand at the start from consumers that will purchase as soon as possible. 

We never see near as good sales they see state side. 

4 hours ago, midogrumpy said:

will the 120V variant be for UK only (job sites) 

or how will the standard voltage of 220V be managed ?

Eh? 

Think the OP is discussing the 2x Flexvolt battery mitre saw model.

We have 220V chargers in UK!  

35 minutes ago, Big Adam said:

Eh? 

Think the OP is discussing the 2x Flexvolt battery mitre saw model.

We have 220V chargers in UK!  

I think he means how does it work on 220v if the batteries only make up 110v. Which is 2 different voltage's, US only use 110v so won't be an issue on there side

too little info !

first of all sounds good !

a) so will there be two products ?

a 110V with minor adaptions to the us variant (i think it would only be the power plug

B) a 220V version ? / how would this be done ?

or somekind of transformer ?

please spend a few words and help clarify

thx

Is the fixed mitre saw coming to the UK as well?

DEWALT DHS716AT2

I sore this on amazon.com  

https://www.amazon.com/DEWALT-DHS716AT2-FLEXVOLT-2-Battery-Fixed/dp/B01HBXHI6W/ref=sr_1_3?s=hi&ie=UTF8&qid=1467994353&sr=1-3&keywords=Dewalt+FlexVolt+Miter+Saw

Didn't know that there was a mixed version as well!! 

The other one I want to know about is the plunge/track saw DCS520?? is that coming in February as well??????

AND how about the DCS575 circular saw?? is both the versions of this going to be available in the UK?? Normal base and track base????

Why is there so many variations of these tools that have not been announced officially or on Dewalt's web sites USA of UK.

Why not just put the list out there and LET US DROOL over what's to come!!  

I just cant decide which one to buy first.

The uk uses 110v on site so I can't see it being hard to have the flexvolt ac/Dc adaptor on uk sites for the saw. I used to use the dewalt 24v Ac/Dc converter years ago. 

If if a home owner want to use the 120v then they simply have to buy a transformer 

If we do see the 120v saw in the EU why bother with the smaller 54v when the 18v and 120v should meet all needs. Seems strange really. Maybe the 120v EU version is going to be very costly due to the changes they have to make to meet CE mark. 

Just seen this while searching for some info on the new flexvolt dust extractor.

https://www.cnspowertools.co.uk/dewalt-dcv584l-flxvolt-dust-extractor-18v-to-54v-body-only

untitled-25_1_5.jpg

and noticed that it has a class L filter on it!

Can anyone tell me if Dewalt are going to do a class M version of this extractor????

In my line of work I have to use class M filtered extractors due to wood dust being considered a serious risk.

Class L extractors are only good for general or mixed dust use.

As outlined by this document from HSE if anyone would like to have a read / snooze

http://www.iosh.co.uk/~/media/Documents/Networks/Group/Construction/HSE_Discussion_Document_On-tool_extraction_in_Construction_Industry.ashx

I would not be able to go fully cordless with the DCV584L.

The only way I would be able to is if I was to use my DWV902M with the DCB1800 Portable Power Station!! this set up you are looking at around £1000.00 and that's before you attach a tool to it!!! Plus what kind of run time would I get using the DWV902M on the power station? There are times I use my extractor all day with my Track/plunge saw. With the power station taking up 4 batteries at once I am going to have to have a hell of a lot of them to keep me going. Especially when the cordless plunge saw comes out!!

I cant find anything about the power station coming to the UK!! Anyone know if it will or not?

• Like 4

Just seen this while searching for some info on the new flexvolt dust extractor.

https://www.cnspowertools.co.uk/dewalt-dcv584l-flxvolt-dust-extractor-18v-to-54v-body-only

untitled-25_1_5.jpg

and noticed that it has a class L filter on it!

Can anyone tell me if Dewalt are going to do a class M version of this extractor????

In my line of work I have to use class M filtered extractors due to wood dust being considered a serious risk.

Class L extractors are only good for general or mixed dust use.

As outlined by this document from HSE if anyone would like to have a read / snooze

http://www.iosh.co.uk/~/media/Documents/Networks/Group/Construction/HSE_Discussion_Document_On-tool_extraction_in_Construction_Industry.ashx

I would not be able to go fully cordless with the DCV584L.

The only way I would be able to is if I was to use my DWV902M with the DCB1800 Portable Power Station!! this set up you are looking at around £1000.00 and that's before you attach a tool to it!!! Plus what kind of run time would I get using the DWV902M on the power station? There are times I use my extractor all day with my Track/plunge saw. With the power station taking up 4 batteries at once I am going to have to have a hell of a lot of them to keep me going. Especially when the cordless plunge saw comes out!!

I cant find anything about the power station coming to the UK!! Anyone know if it will or not?

I doubt it will come to the UK because of it only being used with the 110v kit not 240v plus we won't be getting the 12 inch miter saw that runs off two 60v batteries we are getting a smaller one that runs off just one 60v which tells me that's because of the UK using mainly 240v , I know people will say we have 110v kit but even bosch doesn't make a 110v charger for 18v batteries as they don't see the market as big enough!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craigh9916

I don't agree with you there!

In this post Kenneth Denmark has already confirmed that we are getting the 12" mitre saw and it will have the converter as well in February. In both 240v (well he says 220v) and 110v. The smaller 60v one is coming September.

And how can you say that the UK building industry is not a big enough market? Considering that Dewalt are aiming these tools at trades men and not the average Joe doing a bit of DIY!!! All UK building sites should be using 110v.

I know that a lot of trades men may be working on domestics and use 240v but commercially they are all on 110v.

Dewalt do nearly all of their tools in 110v and 240v, or I would not be able to buy tools from them to do my job.

As for chargers, in my experience batteries are the first thing to be stolen on a building site so I never charge them on site. I use a charging locker provided on site in the cabins or I take them home and charge them, both are 240v supply.