Wish other manufacturers did this...

JimboS1ice

1 hour ago, JimboS1ice said:

391a751d0e711ca892d2d123a28a3d90.jpg

Pretty nice Makita sends battery covers with their kits, can't possibly cost that much to add... Others need to follow suit

Jimbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wish makita did it more too.  I only had one kit come with those covers and just had a the yellow tab break on one of my batteries a few days ago.  I really wish makita had thought their battery design through better from the beginning.

What's the functional difference between the 20v Max and Makita 18v? I've used both at work but can't remember off the top of mine head, I just remember they're both a big button rather than the 2 side buttons M18 has.

As to Jimbo's original point, I suppose it would be nice, but my batteries are kept on tools or in a toolbox and I've never felt the need for little caps.

I think Makita is the only company that I've bought from that sells their batteries like that. Even my Festool batteries come without a cover. Truthfully, I've lost all of the covers for my Makita (I have three) batteries. I did get the 2.0 USB cover for my Makita and that thing is awesome.

What they should have done is had a way of storing the shipping clip on the bottom of the battery pack. I think this is more of a formality for shipping them because of all the rules with high capacity Lion battery packs

What they should have done is had a way of storing the shipping clip on the bottom of the battery pack. I think this is more of a formality for shipping them because of all the rules with high capacity Lion battery packs

True, they created it out of necessity, not convenience

Jimbo

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

End users are going to end up losing them something small like that. Unless you really need the clips because you travel for your job most people will throw them away or let them get lost in a tool bag somewhere.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hitachi has covers as well, but they're good for keeping dust out like when you've got 2 batteries and you're cutting sheetrock or drilling sheet rock and the battery is just sitting on the floor under where you're cutting.

• Like 1