Jump to content

Recommended Posts

So for those of you who dont already know the Milwaukee tools that we buy in the USA are different then most of the rest of the world.  When i say different i personally think ours are lacking in features.  For example our fuel cases are red in the USA.  Elsewhere they are black and much different. Our hand tools are red and theirs are red and black.  This thread is about the Fuel circular saws.  Below are pictures of our saws vs theirs, they have the ability to connect a hose and from the videos i have seen have almost zero dust (great for cutting indoors or just not having to clean up).  There is Very Little info on any of this online, basically Zero info (this will be the first thread online with comparison pictures & info out there).  I will be converting my new Milwaukee Fuel M18 circular saw (2730-20) into a CCS55 (this is what they call theirs).  After a TON of searching, emails, phone calls, & becoming friends with a friends friend who lives in the UK who visits me each year... I have found a repair facility who will be sending me all the parts i need.  I found out its more than just popping the other side on mine.  It looks like it is going to cost be about $40 to do everything (not bad for the ability to use the saw normally or have the ability for dust collection).  I know this is not for everyone, but for those of you interested, I hope this helps.

 

Here is a side by side of the 2 saws (I will be converting mine from the one on left to right):

milwaukee 2730-20 vs ccs55.jpg

 

27518_8921_v.jpg

 

27518_8922_v.jpg

 

dust collection page.png

 

 

Here is a side by side of the 2 kits (United States vs everyone else):

2730-22_Kit vs ccs55 uk kit.jpg

 

This is the main difference a lot of people have been talking about, the better cases they have:

Here are a few pics of their cases (refereed to as Dyna cases):

Milwaukee-Dynacase-Open.jpgM18_CHIWF12-502XM18_CHIWF12-502X--Hero_01_HiRes.jpg

dyna case stack.jpg

 

-------------

Below are some of the pages I was told are ok to share from the scanned document:

Screen Shot 2016-07-06 at 3.59.26 PM.png

 

Screen Shot 2016-07-06 at 4.04.09 PM.png

 

Screen Shot 2016-07-06 at 4.04.25 PM.png

 

Screen Shot 2016-07-06 at 4.04.45 PM.png

 

 

I will update this thread as i get more info and all the info & parts needed...

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yeah, personally I'd rather go home feeling itchy and disgusting and covered in dust. 40 dollars for cleanliness? Insane. You expect the people who paid more than $100 for their saw to have money left over to spend on feeling like a pretty boy? Give me a break.

 

In all seriousness though, keep us posted (literally) on how things go and how easily swapped these parts are, I'd be very interested in converting mine. The 6.5 needs this worse than the 7.25. Kudos for taking the plunge and being the Guinea pig!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

but isn't it more fun when your spittin sawdust after each cut! Kinda brings the Paul Bonyan out of ya.....

In the shop or outside? Give me some man glitter!! Nice option though when your trying not to make a mess though

Jimbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Cool project. Keep us updated with how it goes and photos of the conversion. Also do you actually cut things with your fuel saws or do you just buy and return and rebuy and order parts to modify them and put on different blades? I don't know where you have the time to cut anything ?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Bremon said:

In all seriousness though, keep us posted (literally) on how things go and how easily swapped these parts are, I'd be very interested in converting mine. The 6.5 needs this worse than the 7.25. Kudos for taking the plunge and being the Guinea pig!

Yes i agree. The 7 1/4" has that nice side cutout.  The only reason that the 6.5" shoots it out the front is b/c the hole in the front.  if you notice one of the parts of the conversion is a front plug. This way the dust will come out the back.  The majority of the time I will just use the saw normal & the saw will not always have the majority of that black part on there. It basically all clicks together so it will just be a hole (which i am not able to find a pic of) in the side like the 7 1/4" one. -- added more pics in OP.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Very cool, nice seeing you researching this, i too will be looking into it, dust can really do a number on me, I don't care if I'm covered in it, but breathing it gives me a nice throbbing headache. It's a constant reminder that my lungs are holding a grudge since I used to never wear protection when applying lacquer and other finishes

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This is a picture of the 6.5" how it comes when you buy Milwaukee in Germany (notice its different then the EU/UK one).  There are many different versions of each of the tools depending on where they are being shipped in the world.

 

Milwaukee-M12-CCS44-40-Ah-FUEL-Akku-Handkreissäge.jpg

 

 

No this is the m12 5-3/8 if we're looking at this picture

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Most circular saws have vanes built into the upper guard to direct sawdust towards the extraction port and collimate the stream whether it attaches to a vacuum or not.  Unless your upper guard is the same as the international model internally, there's a good chance this will depend heavily on the suction of the vacuum to extract the dust.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well, you just could get a Festool HKC then...... ;)

 

Seriously. Really cool idea and I would love to see this project at completion. Imagine working in a customers (or yours) kitchen or living room and not having to clear the room out from harmful dust or throw out food that's been contaminated, cover over sensitive electronics etc. I could never understand why these saws (not just Milwaukee) aren't sold here. Probably looser laws in the US?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, ChrisK said:

Well, you just could get a Festool HKC then...... ;)

 

Seriously. Really cool idea and I would love to see this project at completion. Imagine working in a customers (or yours) kitchen or living room and not having to clear the room out from harmful dust or throw out food that's been contaminated, cover over sensitive electronics etc. I could never understand why these saws (not just Milwaukee) aren't sold here. Probably looser laws in the US?

now not trying to nit pick your post but these days if you are cutting something in a kitchen chances are it is not all that big and giving the fact there are so many cordless options available for circular saws cuts can be done outside.....I know aside from my basement workshop if I have to cut anything in my own house I do it either outside or in the shop. Yes I understand it is not always possible but having no cords makes things a little easier......

Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, comp56 said:

now not trying to nit pick your post but these days if you are cutting something in a kitchen chances are it is not all that big and giving the fact there are so many cordless options available for circular saws cuts can be done outside.....I know aside from my basement workshop if I have to cut anything in my own house I do it either outside or in the shop. Yes I understand it is not always possible but having no cords makes things a little easier......

50 minutes ago, comp56 said:

now not trying to nit pick your post but these days if you are cutting something in a kitchen chances are it is not all that big and giving the fact there are so many cordless options available for circular saws cuts can be done outside.....I know aside from my basement workshop if I have to cut anything in my own house I do it either outside or in the shop. Yes I understand it is not always possible but having no cords makes things a little easier......

I think we agree with each other in that the cordless option is great. My HKC is actually cordless.

I don't completely agree though in that

Contractors and DIY guys are often hard pressed for time (and $$$) Having cordless tools is a great option but being able to control harmful dust while working right where the subject matter is located saves time and money.  In the case of Milwaukee introducing something like this, it allows the Milwaukee consumer to bring work right in, keep things clean, and get out saving the extra time of leaving the kitchen or the tech office or wherever else you may find yourself working. My HKC is completely cordless, operates with or without tracks and hooks up to a HEPA filtered DC unit. This piece of equipment the OP wants to add has always been a gripe of mine with circular saws here in the US while I have seen tools overseas have this awesome feature. @olletsocmit has a friggin spectacular idea and this is something a finish carpenter would absolutely love.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I can see use scenarios where dust control is critical. Using a circular saw to cut out a floor to replace a subfloor from water damage for example. You don't want to breath mold or whatever materials were used the last 100 years in a case like that. That's more a controlled demo type use though. That being said I don't personally have a use for anything like that on a circular saw and I would guess most circular saws are used for cutting new wood with maybe some PVC occasionally and they tend to be used outdoors or on new constructionwhere maybe you'd only want to wear a mask and have no worries of creating a mess like you would indoors in a lived in space.

 

I can see having it on a stationary miter saw would be awesome though isn't even much of an issue for me. I intend to get the m18 fuel miter but even that is going to be on a stand with wheels that I keep in the garage and wheel out to the threshold of the garage door to work and just clean it up with my 40v Ryobi blower. I always take my tools I've used for the day and blow them all off anyway to keep them from getting caked up. I'd do that even if I had dust extraction system in place because nothing will age a power tool quicker than getting them caked full of crude over time.

 

I'm ok with it not being mandated here in the US. If there's a big call for it let the manufactures offer it. Festool doesn't seem to have trouble offering their stuff here, albeit costing and arm and a leg. I find the conversion and part hunting interesting though so keep it up. If you like doing this and want it that's all that matters. They're your tools and you should modify them as you like and do what makes you happy.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's just weird. I think it has to do with more than just the government mandate, since basically about just everywhere else in the entire World they have the option and Milwaukee's big in Europe so obviously people like it. Regardless Milwaukee sure at least give us the option it shouldn't just be one way and that's it. there's no reason they can't offer a few tools they have in normal and dust collection options.

And things like the case it makes no sense how it's different everywhere else and especially the handtools how they have different handtools and theirs are black and red and ours are just red. why make all these different things very weird

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well they are very selective about what they allow and don't mandate. For instance, Festool has a circular saw that cuts Dados. Will never be approved here because it could be quite dangerous. There are a few combination table/miter saws out there that are not approved for US consumers. The blade is again, in a precarious place that could be dangerous. Dust, in its myriad of forms ranges from annoying to downright poisonous yet the DC attachments isn't mandated. Kind of curious!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, ChrisK said:

Well they are very selective about what they allow and don't mandate. For instance, Festool has a circular saw that cuts Dados. Will never be approved here because it could be quite dangerous. There are a few combination table/miter saws out there that are not approved for US consumers. The blade is again, in a precarious place that could be dangerous. Dust, in its myriad of forms ranges from annoying to downright poisonous yet the DC attachments isn't mandated. Kind of curious!

 

Its probably not neccesarily that the tool would be approved or not but worries about a relatively litigious society here in the US and not wanting to leave themselves open to lawsuits with a more dangerous tool.

 

As to why Milwaukee doesn't offer the option for some of the dust collection stuff it could be trying to limit how many sku's they want to support but some decisions are just not knowable outside Milwaukee's HQ. Like I bet the older 8.5" m18 miter that's been out in Europe for a while probably would have been decently popular here but maybe not if it cost too much so who knows...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, JerryNY said:

I bet the older 8.5" m18 miter that's been out in Europe for a while probably would have been decently popular here but maybe not if it cost too much so who knows...

Cost is a big factor when you look at how much cheaper NA tools are compared to international.  If the M18 miter saw was priced like the Makita one that's been out for a decade no one would care.  It was the Dewalt cordless miter saw that got everyone excited because it was reasonably priced.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6.7.2016 at 10:07 PM, olletsocmit said:

So for those of you who dont already know the Milwaukee tools that we buy in the USA are different then most of the rest of the world.  When i say different i personally think ours are lacking in features.  For example our fuel cases are red in the USA.  Elsewhere they are black and much different. Our hand tools are red and theirs are red and black.  This thread is about the Fuel circular saws.  Below are pictures of our saws vs theirs, they have the ability to connect a hose and from the videos i have seen have almost zero dust (great for cutting indoors or just not having to clean up).  There is Very Little info on any of this online, basically Zero info (this will be the first thread online with comparison pictures & info out there).  I will be converting my new Milwaukee Fuel M18 circular saw (2730-20) into a CCS55 (this is what they call theirs).  After a TON of searching, emails, phone calls, & becoming friends with a friends friend who lives in the UK who visits me each year... I have found a repair facility who will be sending me all the parts i need.  I found out its more than just popping the other side on mine.  It looks like it is going to cost be about $40 to do everything (not bad for the ability to use the saw normally or have the ability for dust collection).  I know this is not for everyone, but for those of you interested, I hope this helps.

 

Here is a side by side of the 2 saws (I will be converting mine from the one on left to right):

milwaukee 2730-20 vs ccs55.jpg

 

27518_8921_v.jpg

 

27518_8922_v.jpg

 

dust collection page.png

 

 

Here is a side by side of the 2 kits (United States vs everyone else):

2730-22_Kit vs ccs55 uk kit.jpg

 

This is the main difference a lot of people have been talking about, the better cases they have:

Here are a few pics of their cases (refereed to as Dyna cases):

Milwaukee-Dynacase-Open.jpgM18_CHIWF12-502XM18_CHIWF12-502X--Hero_01_HiRes.jpg

dyna case stack.jpg

 

-------------

Below are some of the pages I was told are ok to share from the scanned document:

Screen Shot 2016-07-06 at 3.59.26 PM.png

 

Screen Shot 2016-07-06 at 4.04.09 PM.png

 

Screen Shot 2016-07-06 at 4.04.25 PM.png

 

Screen Shot 2016-07-06 at 4.04.45 PM.png

 

 

I will update this thread as i get more info and all the info & parts needed...

The cases (HD cases)you show here doesn`t come with the tools, you need to buy that separately. And the cost around $80 pr.box.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Wishful thinking, still unsure how to obtain the parts for my saw...

 

Found this on toolGuyd

http://toolguyd.com/milwaukee-m12-fuel-circular-saw/

 

 

 

Jimmie says

January 13, 2015 at 2:31 pm

Shame it doesn’t appear have a dust port for a vacuum attachment. Still, I’ll probably buy one.

  • adam says

    January 13, 2015 at 2:52 pm

    I can’t say I’ve seen any circular saws with dust ports, though I’m going to take a wild stab that Festool does.

    • mnoswad says

      January 13, 2015 at 8:34 pm

      heres the new m18 with dust port.

      http://toolguyd.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/Milwaukee-M18-Fuel-Brushless-Full-Size-Circular-Saw.jpg

      the dewalt 18volt in the UK had a dust port also.

      tool marketers in the US seem to think that we like to be covered in sawdust even if we are using a cordless tool…………there are wrong. I use cordless and a shopvac at the same time, all the time.

      • mnoswad says

        January 13, 2015 at 8:37 pm

        yet looking at the us specs……..the dust port attachment is not going to be included with the tool and not offered in the accessories section either.

        Stuart…….can you confirm?

        big thumbs down here.

        • glenn says

          January 13, 2015 at 11:24 pm

          Interesting, our version appears to have a dust extractor port. See the pic on the right.

          http://www.milwaukeetools.com.au/power-tools/cordless/m12-fuel/show/m12ccs44-0

        • Chris says

          January 14, 2015 at 7:52 am

          I wonder how hard it is to get parts for the Euro model(s)? It looks like the blade cover part is exactly the same between US and European model, except for the dust port. Maybe just get the Euro version and screw it onto a US saw?

          I cant see the motor side of the blade area so I dont know if there is something molded into that half too, but the half facing us in the pic looks exactly the same (I also found it interesting that one pic shows the Euro model and the other shows the US with the Euro battery hanging off it)

      • Stuart says

        January 13, 2015 at 11:43 pm

        Whoops, thanks for the reminder to change the pic out in my 2014-2015 preview post.

        The UK/Europe version of the M18 Fuel full-size saw comes with a dust extractor port, the USA version comes with a dust chute.

        Tool marketers in the USA have done a lot of market research that shows that most users here don’t use dust extractors.

        I asked a power tool brand about a different tool that was marketed with a dust collector port outside the USA and without such a feature in the USA, and this is what they said:

        The vast majority of NA users have not expressed the need for dust collection on this tool.

        I am assuming that Milwaukee’s research showed the same when they polled their focus groups about these saws.

        • mnoswad says

          January 14, 2015 at 12:29 am

          tell them they are wrong.

          North american users cant use a dust extractor if their tools don’t have the extractor port.

          chicken and egg logic being used to save a few cents on a plastic nozzle.

          i’ll buy an attachment if they offered it.

        • John says

          January 15, 2015 at 2:05 pm

          I tweeted their @MilwaukeeTool account publicly about the want for the dust port extractor port for vac attachment option to upcoming US M12 2530-20 as the UK/AUS version has it M12CCS44-0. It looks like its just the shroud difference and port and 3 screws on the schematics. Perhaps if worse comes to worse we could buy the exact part from UK/AUS and retrofit it to the US version. I’d buy it even if it was sold as an accessory, been waiting for this M12 saw for quite a while for indoor work. Would be horrible to have to deal with a dust chute indoors ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Member Statistics

    16,268
    Total Members
    6,555
    Most Online
    huatfrida
    Newest Member
    huatfrida
    Joined
×
×
  • Create New...