Jump to content

Metabo Discounted at Lowe's


The.Handyman

Recommended Posts

If you have Metabo 18v or would like to pick up some to try out then I would check your Local Lowe's. There is one Lowe's in my area that had the end cap of Metabo tools which are now all heavily discounted. They are being clearanced out currently to be sold online only.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, JimboS1ice said:

Never hit any stores near me, they don't have the brand recognition

Lowes was unrealistic in expecting a brand most people have never even heard of making crazy sales in 6 months let alone a year. It takes time to build a name in the market. Also price didn't help things either.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Lowes was unrealistic in expecting a brand most people have never even heard of making crazy sales in 6 months let alone a year. It takes time to build a name in the market. Also price didn't help things either.

 

Yeah, I would have liked them to hang around a bit longer to at least give them a shot.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

The problem with Lowe's and Metabo is the deal was originally with Metabo back in November of 2015.

With the Acquisition of Metabo by Hitachi, Lowe's has an exclusive Deal with Hitachi on their newer DIY oriented tools.

Metabo tools were selling according to stock levels but metabo could not keep up with the demand of the test market which was california and north-eastern states (Virginia indiana maryland parts of NJ and NY) Ultimately leading to the demise of the test markets. I was sad that FL did not get tested as FL has a large population; not to mention the super-high prices of imported products. Ah well, CPO has a bunch of their stuff on clearance for now, but they're having the same problem with the acquisition of metabo by hitachi as well. I've heard rumors that Hitachi is moving ALL Production in shanghai instead of parts manufacturing in shanghai and assembly in Nurtengenen or however you spell it.

If its true, metabo as a brand may lose in quality which is why I'm forking out thousands to get what CPO has.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am located in Northeast Florida, Jax, and we had one Lowe's that carried Metabo as a test market. That is where I saw these deals. I was able to pick up an Impulse hammer drill kit with 2 batteries, circular saw, and 2 battery/charger starter kit (total $350 for all).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, pancing said:

The problem with Lowe's and Metabo is the deal was originally with Metabo back in November of 2015.

With the Acquisition of Metabo by Hitachi, Lowe's has an exclusive Deal with Hitachi on their newer DIY oriented tools.

Metabo tools were selling according to stock levels but metabo could not keep up with the demand of the test market which was california and north-eastern states (Virginia indiana maryland parts of NJ and NY) Ultimately leading to the demise of the test markets. I was sad that FL did not get tested as FL has a large population; not to mention the super-high prices of imported products. Ah well, CPO has a bunch of their stuff on clearance for now, but they're having the same problem with the acquisition of metabo by hitachi as well. I've heard rumors that Hitachi is moving ALL Production in shanghai instead of parts manufacturing in shanghai and assembly in Nurtengenen or however you spell it.

If its true, metabo as a brand may lose in quality which is why I'm forking out thousands to get what CPO has.

Wow, that is a bunch of interesting information.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, The.Handyman said:

You can still buy some of the Metabo items at Lowe's online with ship to home or store.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

 

Be careful if you buy anything metabo @ lowes like I said earlier there are stock, distribution issues.
I ordered the miter saw and the Lead time (default s&h time) to get to the store or to you is 7-14 days, my store shows its been 21 days for me, RDC (local warehouse) has 0 on hand so it will have to come directly from manufacturer.

meaning the manufacturer has to supply this to the store as your lowe's store cannot go outside of its operating zone which is usually an area spanning a whole state to half of a state to procure merchandise from another location.

 

If you buy anything metabo online and no other local area lowe's has it ( I mean look outside a 60 mile radius if a store in your lowes' area has it they have to acquire stock from that store to sell to you) have it shipped to the store and I suggest you DEMAND a discount for your long wait if it has been more than 14 days otherwise they have no obligation to give you a discount if its in the allocated amount of time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/8/2016 at 3:06 PM, kruton said:

Man I wish that was at my Lowes! I would be all over that miter saw.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

E. Louisville Lowe's 501 So. Hurstbourne Pkwy
Louisville, KY
6.3 mi
2 Available
C. Louisville Lowe's 2100 Bashford Manor Ln
Louisville, KY
13.5 mi
3 Available
Clarksville Lowe's 1350 Veterans Pkwy
Clarksville, IN

16.6 mi

 

if you decide to get one, let me know I REALLY want one as well.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

E. Louisville Lowe's 501 So. Hurstbourne Pkwy

Louisville, KY

6.3 mi 2 Available
C. Louisville Lowe's 2100 Bashford Manor Ln

Louisville, KY

13.5 mi 3 Available
Clarksville Lowe's 1350 Veterans Pkwy

Clarksville, IN

16.6 mi

 

if you decide to get one, let me know I REALLY want one as well.

You are the man. Time to start sweet talking the wife.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, kruton said:

You are the man. Time to start sweet talking the wife.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Im super jelly right now, they come with 2 5.5ah batteries, they're 150$ ea @ cpo right now.

or maybe they come with 2 6.2ah ones, meh. sad day.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, kruton said:

I have a meeting in Clarksville a week from today! Not sure I can wait that long.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

also you can try talking them down in price if you see a yellow sticker with a little N on the bottom right they can really, really go low on price. but not under 5% of their purchase price. Talk to a blue shirt.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

also you can try talking them down in price if you see a yellow sticker with a little N on the bottom right they can really, really go low on price. but not under 5% of their purchase price. Talk to a blue shirt.

I never knew about that trick. I'll have to check it out. Thanks for the info man

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, kruton said:

I never knew about that trick. I'll have to check it out. Thanks for the info man

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

also by blue shirt, i meant blue vest the ones that say "Service Manager" or some stores even the employees can heavily discount non-stock items

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Member Statistics

    16,000
    Total Members
    5,540
    Most Online
    zerotwo
    Newest Member
    zerotwo
    Joined
×
×
  • Create New...