Ordering from Americas hat aka Canada

rrich1

I know people have ordered from Canadian websites on here. Atlas has seems to have decent pricing on certain items with the exchange rate. I am looking at the Makita 18v planer for $145 Canadian. What was the process to get your items? did you have to pay any other fees or taxes? 

• Like 1

American friends, we are not your hat. You are our shorts. If you would like proof, ask yourself where you keep your wallet. The answer? Your pants pocket. That has to be true, because I can't find much money outside of the tool budget up here :P 

American friends, we are not your hat. You are our shorts. If you would like proof, ask yourself where you keep your wallet. The answer? Your pants pocket. That has to be true, because I can't find much money outside of the tool budget up here [emoji14] 

Whatever you say hat. [emoji12]

Thanks Jimbo. I think I might pull the trigger on it.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

On July 11, 2016 at 8:11 PM, rrich1 said:

I know people have ordered from Canadian websites on here. Atlas has seems to have decent pricing on certain items with the exchange rate. I am looking at the Makita 18v planer for $145 Canadian. What was the process to get your items? did you have to pay any other fees or taxes? 

Hi rrich, I bought that planner and yes it was a deal. With the exchange it was under $100. Shipping is about $30 cad. $23 US, so still a good deal. Atlas is a great company to deal with too. 

• Like 1

Hey guys, I got blasted by KMS Tools on importing fees. I bought from IHL and didn't pay anything except shipping. I ended up getting the drywall gun and a 5.0 pack and saved probably $30? With KMS I bought my 18v Makita jig which is NAINA. I can't remember what I paid for the tool, it was pretty cheap but I took a hit on shipping and then got another hit by UPS. They wouldn't release my tool until I paid them a second fee which was pretty high as I recall.