Dewalt DCF887 - holy mother of torque

dwain

Great video Dwain! Dewalt is killing it lately and making my Mikwaukee gear look second rate lol. Despite that, I think at this point I solely blame your praise and enthusiasm for them in OTT reviews for actually making me want to buy them.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Bremon said:

Great video Dwain! Dewalt is killing it lately and making my Mikwaukee gear look second rate lol. Despite that, I think at this point I solely blame your praise and enthusiasm for them in OTT reviews for actually making me want to buy them.

Haha, maybe I should be looking for a job in sales!

Appreciate all the love guys. It's a killer tool.

NOW - WHO CAN PREDICT THE SCORES (out of 25) FOR THE IMPACT DRIVER COMPARISON????

Bosch - ? / 25

Dewalt - ? / 25

Hitachi - ? / 25

Makita - ? / 25

Metabo - ? / 25

Milwaukee - ? / 25

• Like 2

Makita 24: speed and compact size make it the winner. 

Dewalt 23: ergonomics give it a boost.

Milwaukee 22: self-tapper mode and potted electronics aren't enough to keep up with the makitas speed, or dewalt's better speed, torque, and ipm. 

Bosch 22: combination anvil/chuck is awesome but the rest of the specs aren't up to the challenge.

Metabo and Hitachi are wild cards for me but I'm guessing they bring up the rear. 

• Like 2

Haha, maybe I should be looking for a job in sales!

Appreciate all the love guys. It's a killer tool.

NOW - WHO CAN PREDICT THE SCORES (out of 25) FOR THE IMPACT DRIVER COMPARISON????

Bosch - ? / 25

Dewalt - ? / 25

Hitachi - ? / 25

Makita - ? / 25

Metabo - ? / 25

Milwaukee - ? / 25

I have the bosch it's a great tool but I know it won't keep up with the dewalt and Milwaukee in this test plus the metabo isn't brushless so I think that will be lower down the scale !

I predict

Dewalt 24

Milwaukee 23

Makita 21

Bosch 21

Metabo 20

Hitachi 20

At a guess lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I predict a tie of 24 with Dewalt and Milwaukee for the win. Depending on the tests done, both shine for different uses and in the real world the numbers on paper don't mean as much, they're going to be very close with Makita being the wild card IMO. 

So I have it: 

24 Dewalt

24 Milwaukee

22 Makita

21 Bosch

19 Metabo

18 Hitachi

I predict a tie of 24 with Dewalt and Milwaukee for the win. Depending on the tests done, both shine for different uses and in the real world the numbers on paper don't mean as much, they're going to be very close with Makita being the wild card IMO. 

So I have it: 

24 Dewalt

24 Milwaukee

22 Makita

21 Bosch

19 Metabo

18 Hitachi

I agree with that but I'd flip Makita and Milwaukee, the Dewalt is a little more powerful then the Milwaukee

Jimbo

22 minutes ago, dwain said:

You don't by chance live in the USA do you? ;)

I actually have little love for Milwaukee 18v line. I don't miss anything from Dewalt between them as most of their appeal is for trade specific tools which A- I don't need and B- Dewalt is apparently now really starting to get into anyway...but there is no denying that the M12 is unquestionably humping the rest of the competition into submission on every front. That said, I admit their impact you're reviewing is strong, I just don't like the ergonomics that much...same issue with Makita, they seem to feel awful in the hand to me despite having some good quality offerings. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, JimboS1ice said:

I agree with that but I'd flip Makita and Milwaukee, the Dewalt is a little more powerful then the Milwaukee

Jimbo

Again though it's going to blow it away on paper, I bet the test is very close for a variety of tasks. Obviously low load tasks the Dewalt will crush due to a much higher no load speed, but when it comes down to the milk and cookies they're probably one in the same in speed tests.

I think that Dwain will find what others have that will keep Dewalt from the sweep, and that is the very odd action of the speed 1 setting where it kicks the tool kind of violently as it impacts, and the Milwaukee has a very smooth action in comparison. This will keep Dewalt from scoring 25 points making a tie likely because Milwaukee will gain a point for having the sheet metal setting. 24's are obvious.

If by some kind of magic I'm wrong, Dwain should send me the 887 as a form of unusual punishment. And If I'm right, he should send me the 887 as congratulations for winning. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, dwain said:

Interesting that the brands are from only 3 countries:

Germany - Bosch and Metabo

Japan - Hitachi and Makita

USA - Dewalt and Milwaukee

It's like Europe v America v Asia...

Good thing you're from down under so this can be at least a little bit less biased, lol. 

• Like 2

Again though it's going to blow it away on paper, I bet the test is very close for a variety of tasks. Obviously low load tasks the Dewalt will crush due to a much higher no load speed, but when it comes down to the milk and cookies they're probably one in the same in speed tests.

I think that Dwain will find what others have that will keep Dewalt from the sweep, and that is the very odd action of the speed 1 setting where it kicks the tool kind of violently as it impacts, and the Milwaukee has a very smooth action in comparison. This will keep Dewalt from scoring 25 points making a tie likely because Milwaukee will gain a point for having the sheet metal setting. 24's are obvious.

If by some kind of magic I'm wrong, Dwain should send me the 887 as a form of unusual punishment. And If I'm right, he should send me the 887 as congratulations for winning. 

All depends on what he does thiugh, i prefer the precision setting of Milwaukee better than the Dewalt and self tap mode is amazing, but if he does more high torque and speed stuff is yellow peddle down

Jimbo

• Like 1

as we speak about all these tools .......one day not long from now they will all be on a shelf at some pawn shop......cause there will be better ones...... it is bad enough trying to have as many useful tools to fill a shop/job site but if you are truly the type that needs/wants the latest and greatest as it comes out you will go broke even faster.....

• Like 2

1 minute ago, comp56 said:

as we speak about all these tools .......one day not long from now they will all be on a shelf at some pawn shop......cause there will be better ones...... it is bad enough trying to have as many useful tools to fill a shop/job site but if you are truly the type that needs/wants the latest and greatest as it comes out you will go broke even faster.....

I'm a self employed middle class american that loves tools, it was destined to be so, lmao. It's probably inscribed in hieroglyphics inside the great pyramid, A Donkey, stack of burning paper, and a facepalm emoji tells the story of my life. 

• Like 3