Personalized Kobalt ratchet set

BMack37

6 hours ago, BMack37 said:

Hey guys, remember seeing Dan's personalized Kobalt ratchet and being a little envious? Well now we can buy one of the sets! ...and it's not nearly as expensive as you'd think! It appears to be only $19.98, not sure if that's a limited time offer: https://www.kobalttools.com/mechanics-tools/personalized-ratchet-set

Very cool , I just ordered a blue set. Thanks for posting

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stercorarius said:

I was going to, but it wouldn't fit the message I wanted.

It's okay because all my Kobalt hand tools have that message inseparably attached to them.

That bad huh? Well I have never tried their ratchets or sockets, but the pipe wrenches, linesman, diagonal cutters, tongue/groove(channellock style) pliers, that sort of thing, are all garbage for the professional user

1 hour ago, KnarlyCarl said:

That bad huh? Well I have never tried their ratchets or sockets, but the pipe wrenches, linesman, diagonal cutters, tongue/groove(channellock style) pliers, that sort of thing, are all garbage for the professional user

I think they're pretty decent, the sockets are good(at least the Taiwan sockets). The Taiwan ratchets are good, made by Toptul(great, under-appreciated brand) but the selector switch is reversed. The flex head ratchets are terrible, absolutely awful. The Chinese ratchets are crap, the selector switch feels like it's plastic and fits loose.

I agree completely with your assessment of their cutters, pliers, etc.

50 minutes ago, Stercorarius said:

Impact wrench is nice though. $20 for 2ah batteries ain't complaining.

The new 24v or the 20V? The 24v stuff supposedly has a trade-in sale, trade in ANY cordless drill for 24% off.

• Like 1

I'll do a write up on what I've experienced so far with it later, but all around d it has been nothing less than stellar. Circular saw may just be the display one. The actual impact wrench feels a lot nicer than the display did. Might just be the ole placebo effect.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jimjs7434584
    Newest Member
    jimjs7434584