Recommendations for HVLP Sprayer

taylorv1

I have my own small woodworking business, just myself.. I mostly build furniture and I am starting to get a little into cabinets. I want to upgrade my finishing to a HVLP sprayer, instead of just by hand. I have an average of 1 project a month. I don't really have a lot of money for a big top of the line unit. That being said, I do want a quality sprayer. I was looking at some of the handheld ones, or should I settle for a big unit. I appreciate any recommendations. Thank you very much. My budget is under $400.00 MAX. 

I would like to recommend the Harbor Freight one.  Has long as you do a good cleaning after each use, it should last a long time.  I was actually surprised by the build quality.  I have the purple(wish) one, and have done a few projects without any issues.  My thought on buying that particular  one, it can be used has a "training tool" before spending big bucks on a professional one.  

• Like 1

Definitely in line with WigWag. In my case I'm saving for the Earlex or the Fuji Semi-Pro units that operate with their own incorporated turbine for power. A little more expensive 299-400 but certainly well made machines.

• Like 3

Nice, good luck on finding one to suit your needs, just as i was looking for one, Home Depot had a special buy of the day for the Earlex spray station 5500. Used it for lacquer, poly, and paint, all good results. Just clean it right away when finished. RIGHT AWAY I'm telling ya ha

• Like 3

9 hours ago, ChrisK said:

Definitely in line with WigWag. In my case I'm saving for the Earlex or the Fuji Semi-Pro units that operate with their own incorporated turbine for power. A little more expensive 299-400 but certainly well made machines.

Now I am stuck on which one to get. It is only 100 more dollars for the Fuji. From first glance, the Earlex looks cheap in quality. I think I am leaning towards the Fuji, but they both have great reviews. 

My earlax is cheaper in build I'm sure. For my occasional use, it's great.

Below is where the trigger swivels on the screw, it feels cheap.

IMG_20160716_091442317

I made the mistake of not drying out the parts after I cleaned out some latex paint.... aluminum and steel parts started oxidizing... oops

IMG_20160716_092313606

IMG_20160716_092320025

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
I would like to recommend the Harbor Freight one.  Has long as you do a good cleaning after each use, it should last a long time.  I was actually surprised by the build quality.  I have the purple(wish) one, and have done a few projects without any issues.  My thought on buying that particular  one, it can be used has a "training tool" before spending big bucks on a professional one.  

7cde1291f99de63a0c824a093a6e87fb.png

This one?

Jimbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7cde1291f99de63a0c824a093a6e87fb.png

This one?

Jimbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think my wife's uncle bought that one too, but I like having the ability of the earlax setup which is blower and gun in one and is portable. But if you're only using it in your shop with your air compressor, sounds like nothing to lose there!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk