M18 9.0 battery on HD's site $199: not in stock yet

JerryNY

They like to claim they have the most durable packs on the market. I would believe it, the rubber overmold, and the different retention compared to Dewalt and Makita were additional reasons I went with M18. I've taken my 5.0s apart and they have very nice tolerances. 

3 hours ago, comp56 said:

ya Milwaukee batteries seem like they could survive falling off the back of a moving truck, not that I would test it...lol

Doing demo I usually use the battery of the sawzall as a hammer to beat out stubborn pieces.  Milwaukee and Makita both hold up great as did Dewalt XRP but I'd worry about Dewalt slides since the batteries are already loose.  I do miss the weight of the XRP packs when somethings really stuck.

Since the Makita batteries seem to be indestructible when connected to a tool I prefer the smaller form factor over rubber overmold.

My 2731 came in today, the brochure w M12 and M18 info on it lists the M18 XC6.0. It's clearly bigger than the 5.0. I think we already knew this, but in case we didn't, this confirms that the Red Team is among those going to larger cells for their 6.0, like Dewalt. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bremon said:

My 2731 came in today, the brochure w M12 and M18 info on it lists the M18 XC6.0. It's clearly bigger than the 5.0. I think we already knew this, but in case we didn't, this confirms that the Red Team is among those going to larger cells for their 6.0, like Dewalt. 

Can you post a picture of the brochure?

You bet, is there a pic size limit? Mine are around 1.5-2mb and it keeps telling me the uploads failed. 

Staring at the brochure the differences are blurring and I can't tell if the size difference is in my head or not haha. 

Upload to a pic sharing site like Flickr or whatever, and just use the link to paste here. I haven't uploaded pics to the TIA website for a long time, always use Flickr

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, Bremon said:

I thought the 6.0's were going to be same size as the 5.0 xc size? What I'd like them to make is a 3.0 slim line. It's always nice to have a lighter battery for lighter tools or working overhead. They did this with the new m12 3.0's so maybe they'll do the same with a 3.0 m18 slim pack...

I'm not sure if that's the case now Jerry, though I initially assumed it was. I think other brands 6.0!18v packs being less optimal than 5.0 under heavy draw has lead to some wile e coyote "back to the drawing board" situations. I think the M12 3.0 and 6.0 are hitting the market first thanks to using the same size cells; the demand on them is generally less strenuous. I could certainly be wrong though. 

On 7/22/2016 at 0:01 AM, JerryNY said:

I thought the 6.0's were going to be same size as the 5.0 xc size? What I'd like them to make is a 3.0 slim line. It's always nice to have a lighter battery for lighter tools or working overhead. They did this with the new m12 3.0's so maybe they'll do the same with a 3.0 m18 slim pack...

Yeah, that would be perfect. I'm all for more power in smaller packages

On 7/22/2016 at 0:05 AM, Bremon said:

I'm not sure if that's the case now Jerry, though I initially assumed it was. I think other brands 6.0!18v packs being less optimal than 5.0 under heavy draw has lead to some wile e coyote "back to the drawing board" situations. I think the M12 3.0 and 6.0 are hitting the market first thanks to using the same size cells; the demand on them is generally less strenuous. I could certainly be wrong though. 

I'm waiting on the m12 6ah battery to buy for my circ saw, they will be available before fall I have been told

• Like 1

Yeah I keep checking "buy online" religiously on their site. "No vendor available" lol. Should be very soon based on the "new" designation rather than "coming soon". I'll likely swap out my packs for the same total AH and keep the 2.0s in heavier rotation at work (they currently pull triple duty between home, work, and my truck. It would be nice to simplify things a bit lol). 

• 2 weeks later...
On July 21, 2016 at 2:24 PM, Bremon said:

As much as it pains me to do so, I need to retract my previous statement. The only thing confirmed is my own foolishness lol. My eyes were clearly playing tricks and seeing what I would have preferred to see. 6.0 are listed on the Milwaukee site now and after running a tape just now the measurements are identical, meaning same old 18650s. Sorry for building hype and false hopes TIA crew. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bremon said:

Also, the 1.6 lbs it weighs is equal to what I just weighed a 5.0 as being. Interesting that the 9.0 is apparently .8lbs heavier; roughly 13 oz. 

13oz isn't that bad for being about twice the battery of a 5amp pack though. It's bigger and heavier for sure but many of the big tools it's designed for that won't be that noticeable, especially the miter. BTW when the hell is Milwaukee gonna shut up and take my money for the miter?!?!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Bremon said:

That's true jerry, and yeah, they have a number of things they need to stop dragging ass on so they can take my money haha. Not sure if the miter is one of them anymore though

Sure, it would have been better for Milwaukee to have released the miter months ago and not let Dewalt steal their thunder. Still I don't have a need for a 12" saw and the 10" suits me just fine. That and you can get the miter/9amp battery/quick charger for $650 makes it a decent value in my book when the battery alone is $200...

On 7/17/2016 at 2:40 PM, comp56 said:

ya Milwaukee batteries seem like they could survive falling off the back of a moving truck, not that I would test it...lol

Speaking of which...Oh. Look. A "DeWalt" battery fell three stories lol

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure how it will translate to the states with exchange rates.... Nothing really exciting, more likely to find one on sale somewhere else than this....

See link->

http://l.instagram.com/?e=ATPNlioReTnTiw-OI2xi73HcfgpyekRkgei4Kpmk5At5u_VaES259dR90uK4eg&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.cf.tools%2F

milwaukee-battery-prelaunch-9.jpg