Defective Milwaukee on ebay

Rbmehl85

18 minutes ago, Rbmehl85 said:

Anyone ever buyw Milwaukee m18 or fuel on eBay..I bought an angle grinder and the battery port terminal on the tool has electrical burns on it..anyone ever have problems with buying on EBAY?

No i have not, but i've only ever bought new at good prices. In the back of my mind, if I do get a bum one, I would make sure to buy a milwaukee tool that would be within the warranty period. What i would do is warranty the tool if it is a problem for you, or if you can dispute in on ebay (the tool was not what was described etc)

I have not but eBay's return policy is pretty clear, you are covered, they have to accept the return or eBay will steal it from them and refund you.

Like Jimbo said, always try to buy based on good pictures or you're at risk. Most sellers with 1k or more feedback will take care of you.

If you got a good deal on the tool it would probably be easier to just warranty the tool through Milwaukee than deal with Ebay. Yea, the Ebay seller was shady on that deal, but I don't think Fuel grinders have been out more than 5 years yet right?

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
On 7/16/2016 at 7:53 PM, Rbmehl85 said:

Anyone ever buyw Milwaukee m18 or fuel on eBay..I bought an angle grinder and the battery port terminal on the tool has electrical burns on it..anyone ever have problems with buying on EBAY?

Ebay is a use at your own risk kind of deal. I would never buy something for more than I could afford to lose. You get what you pay for is an old saying for a reason. Ebay is one of the reasons. 

13 hours ago, Nordraw said:

Ebay is a use at your own risk kind of deal. I would never buy something for more than I could afford to lose. You get what you pay for is an old saying for a reason. Ebay is one of the reasons. 

Ebay covers the buyer in pretty much any case. That's why I avoid selling there because I'd sell something perfectly described and they'd claim it wasn't and want a refund hoping I'd give them a refund and let them keep the item.

• Like 1

On 7/16/2016 at 10:53 PM, Rbmehl85 said:

if it was cheap and it works, I don't see the problem, or is there a problem?

You have 3 choices really.

Ebay return

Keep the item and eat the costs and cross your fingurrs

Warranty

• Like 1