Battery powered fan

lordbaal

30 minutes ago, Bremon said:

But in this case we are going by stated cfm from manufacturers and even if they're within 10% you still know what will move the most air. CFM is CFM. We are at the part of the equation that comes after the "=", we don't need to theorize what the initial values were that lead us there. 

I'm just saying.

I still don't understand what's the difference between high capacity and the regular, withing the same voltage.

The Ryobi have just 5 less CFM(hardly noticeable), cheaper, and the batteries are cheaper. And batteries last longer.

That's why I wasn't even considering Milwaukee.

Take care of your batteries and they should all last for many years to come

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

35 minutes ago, KnarlyCarl said:

Take care of your batteries and they should all last for many years to come

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I'm not talking about longevity. I'm talking about run time in that Milwaukee fan. Which form I've read is between 3 and 10 hours.

The Milwaukee is a good fan, but only makes sense if you're already invested in the system. It runs way more than 10 hours on low. Not a crazy amount of CFM but it's fairly loud on high. You have to remember it's a compact fan. I had a 18" steel fan from Walmart that would turn itself 45 degrees on high, and only cost $50. A battery on that would last what, an hour? Lol. 

I have been searching for the last couple days. I cannot find anything that tell me the differences between a high capacity battery, and a non high capacity battery.

I tweeted Ridgid and some others. They tell me that it will last longer.

But they are telling me a 4ah will last longer than a 1ah.

Duh, everyone knows the more amps, the better. 

I'm talking about within the same amperage and voltage.

Everything I read, is comparing a high capacity battery to a non high capacity. But those non high capacity that they are comparing them to, is a lower amperage.

6 minutes ago, DR99 said:

I think your confused on Amp hours its not the same thing as amps drawn by the tool. Think of AH as the fuel tank that's it

Whatever it is, so amps will be on the tool, and ah will be on the battery. I've also seen batteries that list amps on them too.

Both batteries are 18 volts, 4 ah. I still can't find a differences.

technically you're right. But that's not the way most manufactures follow. Some say ah, some say, amps.

Most people know what they mean when a battery says it is 5A, or

2,000 mah.

They are two different things.

One is a measure of current draw, the other is a measure of capacity. I personally think amp hour needs to disappear on tools all together, it is highly misleading to uneducated consumers. Some people believe that the tool is actually drawing a continuous 9a...

Watt hour all day!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

But Dewalt lies about that too; their watt hour ratings are napkin math based on their 20v Max bs. With Milwaukee etc you get the correct watt hours on their M12 batteries based on 10.8 nominal. 

Pretty much. I despise marketing bullshiet as it is, Dewalt crosses too many lines.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I just picked up the order yesterday. it was just as quiet on high as the Ryobi is on low. And of course put out more air. It's heavier then the Ryobi, just seems like an overall better build quality. 

But Home Depot wouldn't price match their own site. On the website, they have 2 18 volt 5.0 for $120. The store had each one for $100. They would not let me get 2 for $120. 

According to price zombie, they had the 2 for $120 since March 24 2016.

I don't think this is a special sale. I have never seen a sale on on for 4 months.

I'm a vendor for them building those BBQ grills, you think they would give us a discount. But no.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

i have the Ridgid fan and absolutley enjoy the heck out of it.  I tried the 1.5 hour battery just for giggles and on full go it lasted just shy under 4 hours.  i do enjoy that the fan is a hybrid version meaning it can be plugged into an extension cord.  I use the fan in a machine shop for 12 hours during my shift on full go.  This fan moves air and from such a little fan is a surprise but it does a great job from about 4 feet away.  any questions please ask