Thinking of buying the dcf887 !

Craigh9916

I'm not sure what you're experiencing with it "wanting" to slip the screw. Only time I've really experienced that is max speed on my M18 Fuel with 3" deck screws trying to drive them as quick as possible while not putting enough pressure on the bit.

Comfort/feel/ergonomics is subjective but I've always loved the grips on 20v Max and think they're likely the best in the business. Gen 2 Fuel is a step in the right direction, and gen 1 Fuel really felt poor compared to the 20v Max. I have very little experience with Bosch but have talked to lots of people who like the way the 20v Max.

Sorry to hear you're disappointed with it Craig, never a great feeling waiting on a new tool and being underwhelmed. 

I'm not sure what you're experiencing with it "wanting" to slip the screw. Only time I've really experienced that is max speed on my M18 Fuel with 3" deck screws trying to drive them as quick as possible while not putting enough pressure on the bit.

Comfort/feel/ergonomics is subjective but I've always loved the grips on 20v Max and think they're likely the best in the business. Gen 2 Fuel is a step in the right direction, and gen 1 Fuel really felt poor compared to the 20v Max. I have very little experience with Bosch but have talked to lots of people who like the way the 20v Max.

Sorry to hear you're disappointed with it Craig, never a great feeling waiting on a new tool and being underwhelmed. 

To be fair it's hard to explain the issue and have it come across right and because I have always had bosch that's why I can see and feel the difference in the two tools but without me doing a close up video to show exactly what I mean maybe people won't see my point but this won't be an issue with most screw types just maybe ph2 as they a sensitive to cam out but all I can say is the dewalt wants to cam out a lot more then the Bosch in speed 1 and even 2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll definitely keep my eyes out Craig. Maybe try it out with Robertsons, or torx. I hate Phillips drive w a passion on a good day lol. 

Yeah unfortunately for me I'm in the window business and in the UK 80% of the screws are Philips when working with double glazing

• Like 1

Phillips is starting a slow death in the USA It's still common, but you can find other screws now in the big box stores 10 years ago that wasn't the case.

Yeah I see in the US you lot use a lot of the Robertson square drive well in the UK they aren't used at all mainly pz2 and ph2 and the odd torx drive which I really like

they were actually invented to cam out! Sometimes its better to cam the screw than damage the piece it's being worked on (think brittle materials).

I have a feeling that the sensitivity issue you're finding between the two is mostly just being used to one tool for quite a while. The bosch gets my most as best grip too, but I don't think the Dewalt is anything to sneeze at either.

• Like 1

Robertson and torx are my favorites by far. They are easy to come by (Canada's claim to fame in the fastener industry lol), and yes, Phillips being designed to cam out doesn't seem to be as well known as you'd think. Also makes it seem a bit odd that they're basically the standard for construction screws.

I'm going to have to stop by Lowes to see these Bosch grips. It will be weird to have a reason to go there, God knows it's not for the deals (not in Canada anyway). 

• Like 1

Personally, I went with the Makita Oil-Impulse driver over upgrading my 1st gen DeWalt brushless. The Makita impact has insane trigger feather and control back by loads of power. Not to mention it is so easy on the ears. That being said, I loved my DeWalt impact for the year I used it. I would still like to handle and test out the new 887.

• Like 1

Is the DCF887 USA-assembled? I saw one on Instagram that had that sticker on it but can't find any info otherwise, even under dewalt's "American pride" page. Also, the 885 is listed there as USA assembled but that must have happened within the last couple years because ours at work say made in Mexico. 

Is the DCF887 USA-assembled? I saw one on Instagram that had that sticker on it but can't find any info otherwise, even under dewalt's "American pride" page. Also, the 885 is listed there as USA assembled but that must have happened within the last couple years because ours at work say made in Mexico. 

The one I have isn't but it's UK model, I have seen one on eBay that has the USA badge on the side but that's import !

I got the 887 last week and have been quietly testing it next to my 886. So far I like it, a lot, but one thing is bugging the ever living hell out of me. The lights are yellow. Like Dewalt...YELLOW. They make the work piece look horrible and ring out darker and darker yellow all the way to the terminator. It's horribly distracting. Pick up my 886 and the light is nice, bright, and white with no weird halo's. 

The temperature of LED chosen for this I fear was a horrible mistake, IMO. 

Other than that, so far so good, probably not worthy of out of pocket cash update from the 886 but I had a gift card for Amazon and found a private seller that's letting them go for $103. Very cheap indeed. 

• Like 1

I got the 887 last week and have been quietly testing it next to my 886. So far I like it, a lot, but one thing is bugging the ever living hell out of me. The lights are yellow. Like Dewalt...YELLOW. They make the work piece look horrible and ring out darker and darker yellow all the way to the terminator. It's horribly distracting. Pick up my 886 and the light is nice, bright, and white with no weird halo's. 

The temperature of LED chosen for this I fear was a horrible mistake, IMO. 

Other than that, so far so good, probably not worthy of out of pocket cash update from the 886 but I had a gift card for Amazon and found a private seller that's letting them go for $103. Very cheap indeed. 

Yes I noticed that and if you look at my photo on this thread of it next to my bosch the lights on the bosch are a nice cool white tint

For me that's not a huge issue, though very distracting. I just don't understand how the Ferrari of impacts ends up with KC offroading lamps from 1991, if you know what I'm saying. 

Performance for me has been a hit so far. Works great, and I like the screw setting so far even though I thought I might not. Turns out that if it's hard enough to screw that it stops the drill, you need to bump up the setting to 2 anyhow so driving past the initial torque out isn't even necessary, still has a good bit of twist even here though the fine control is welcome. 

• Like 1