Porter Cable - You have failed me

99_XC600

On Sunday I decided to make a post on their Facebook page regarding the scenario and my frustration with the process.They responded on Monday. I'll be sending out the info and see how they respond..

Porter-Cable - We're sorry to hear of the experience you had and the issue with your impact. Please email us at wecare@sbdinc.com with your model number, receipt and contact information so we may better assist you with this issue. Thanks Porter Cable Customer Care

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 99_XC600 said:

On Sunday I decided to make a post on their Facebook page regarding the scenario and my frustration with the process.They responded on Monday. I'll be sending out the info and see how they respond..

Porter-Cable - We're sorry to hear of the experience you had and the issue with your impact. Please email us at wecare@sbdinc.com with your model number, receipt and contact information so we may better assist you with this issue. Thanks Porter Cable Customer Care

Social Media seems to be a good way to get results.

On August 7, 2016 at 11:14 AM, sparky603 said:

Porter Cable was my go-to brand for drills and saws 25 years ago. Top-quality stuff. You'd have to pry my 345 Saw Boss from my cold, dead hands. They are a joke now, in comparison.

I agree Sparky, PC was my go too tool years ago, my Dad as well, our older corded tools are still work horses today

• Like 1

That sucks man,I am vested a bit in the PC 20v line too. Have 2 impacts and 2 drills,and the recip. I think ive owned mine for 4 years or so now and have often wondered if mine would die especially the recip because ive put that little thing through some work I know for sure it wasnt meant to handle. I knew going in you get what you pay for but thats why I also have my Bosch stuff. If my low end stuff dies its not really much of a loss I can easily replace it with something better,it just sucks losing a tool. I love the PC impacts but have wanted a better multi speed one for sometime.

Most of my lifetime warranty and warranty services I have gotten are a result of social media interaction,I send in pics and all that next thing I know I have a new tool. and you usually dont have to dealwith asshats who are clueless.

• 5 years later...
  • 2 months later...

I think the way TTI (half the tool brands from mid level to pro) gets around it (watch VCG for details of many issues, lol) is that they throw in lots of free gifts year around so nobody complains. I went to get an M18 battery and for ten dollars more I get a brushled drill or multitool.

Their business model is disposable cheap tools “just” good enough to work well early on.

I stick with DeWalt and Makita for my frontline heavy duty needs.

Sometimes TTI makes the better tool that my main chosen companies don’t have like my small corded Milwaukee rotary hammer for $179 or M12 $99 compact hammer, or crazy smooth and powerful Ridgid impact driver, or Empire level set.

Sometimes the big three (MMD) venture into nailguns which Porter does better dollar for dollar which isn’t always advised. Likewise Porter has small drills which may be nice but the safer bet is still (maybe slightly so) going with MMD faire.

On 8/7/2016 at 12:09 PM, ChrisK said:

And that's the real pitfall to outsourcing. So many tools were sent overseas for subpar manufacturing to save the company a dollar here. You know, pass the screwing on to your paying customers.

I think that’s why I like Makita because less cheap outsourced parts there but there’s still cheap outsourced parts in the best tools.