What is your main battery platform?

JimboS1ice

What is your main battery platform?  

88 members have voted

1. 1. In terms of 18v lines, what is your main platform?

• Dewalt 18v/20v Max (Lion)
    • Dewalt 18v XRP (NiCad)
    • Milwaukee M18
    • Makita 18v
    • Ryobi 18v One+
    • Ridgid 18v
    • Hilti 18+V
    • Bosch 18v
    • Metabo 18v
    • Black and Decker 18v
    • Porter Cable 18v
    • Kobalt 18/20/24v
    • Masterforce 18v
    • Hitachi 18v
    • Other (Leave in Comment)

I still miss my Autosense drill. I gave it to another member in need but that was a heck of good assembly drill. Believe it or not!

Haven't seen anything out of that member in quite a bit actually. Just curious if anyone has heard from Nate?

I picked Bosch in the poll, but Metabo is catching up. I haven't got any new Makita 18v tools since I bought the brushless circular saw. I guess I've got.3-18v Ryobi tools as well.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, Bremon said:

Was just thinking about a number of members this week I haven't seen post in ages. NER, torontotoolman, protoolnut etc. The community feels smaller when we don't hear from some of the (former?) regulars. 

One of these is not to be mentioned, and since he's not to be mentioned, I can't tell you which one it is...

• Like 1

Yeah, I miss seeing NER. John is a good guy. I really miss Wayne Burgess too. He's been busy as heck but i still wish he had time for us guys on this side of the pond!

havent seen Conductor in a long time either. Red too. Members ebb and flow on the site though. I took a leave of absence for a few months when I was having some personal issues. Coming back is always fun though.

• Like 3

Yeah some quick digging and I realize who Voldemort is. Damn. And yeah, I've taken a break from the site too but it's hard to find people to talk this much about tools with lol. My girlfriend just nods and tunes out and most people at work are content to leave the stuff they use at work...at work. NER I believe had the Festool vac+sander setup for spray foam cleanup which at the time really blew me away. One of the first videos I've seen of Festool in action as well. 

That said, we do have a ton of great members still around. The amount of great videos from the likes of Dwain, Jimbo, KnarlyCarl, etc. blows me away, and everyone is always so willing to give helpful tips, tricks and advice. Look at my thread on hole hawg chucks; sparky and others chimed in so quickly the matter was settled in a day haha. Plus we get new members from time to time like wild who dive in head first and become positive contributors from the word "go". I really ought to start making videos etc. to give back to the community a bit! 

• Like 4

Yeah, I miss seeing NER. John is a good guy. I really miss Wayne Burgess too. He's been busy as heck but i still wish he had time for us guys on this side of the pond!

havent seen Conductor in a long time either. Red too. Members ebb and flow on the site though. I took a leave of absence for a few months when I was having some personal issues. Coming back is always fun though.

1: sorry dude forgot festool!

2: just today NER popped up on my Instagram, I followed he followed back, was going to send him a message and see what he's up to

Jimbo

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Well i have batteries for each tool... I don't have a main battery platform as I buy the tool that I'm most comfortable with and if its in another battery system I buy the batteries and charger or a kit.

But as of now the most tools I have in any system is milwaukee.

but i have 4 milwaukee batteries

5 metabo batteries

5 dewalt batteries

2 hitachi batteries

2 ridgid batteries

2 bosch batteries

4 makita batteries and ONE makita tool. I didnt realize how long a 4.0 ah battery lasted on the new brushless grinder so before i even used it i bought 3 4.0 batteries ...

its a pita to have so many systems but I always buy my tools cheap or on clearance so in turn its not that expensive.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Craigh9916 said:

What did I miss then ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's not really worth talking about. It's in the past and we have moved on. We still have some great members on the site. I don't think we should talk about someone that isn't here to defend themselves anyway.

34 minutes ago, BMack37 said:

It's not really worth talking about. It's in the past and we have moved on. We still have some great members on the site. I don't think we should talk about someone that isn't here to defend themselves anyway.

YES !!!

the members here are always willing to help .... And talk shop anytime !!

???

• Like 4

• 2 months later...