What is your main battery platform?

JimboS1ice

What is your main battery platform?  

88 members have voted

1. 1. In terms of 18v lines, what is your main platform?

• Dewalt 18v/20v Max (Lion)
    • Dewalt 18v XRP (NiCad)
    • Milwaukee M18
    • Makita 18v
    • Ryobi 18v One+
    • Ridgid 18v
    • Hilti 18+V
    • Bosch 18v
    • Metabo 18v
    • Black and Decker 18v
    • Porter Cable 18v
    • Kobalt 18/20/24v
    • Masterforce 18v
    • Hitachi 18v
    • Other (Leave in Comment)

1 hour ago, DR99 said:

Lets see

Ego 56v

Milwaukee M12/M18

Bosch 18v

Dewalt 20v

Festool 10.8

Fein 18v

The Bosch might be gone soon though swapped out an M18 drywall screwgun

Oops forgot Ryobi 18v and Worx 20v The worx is just for my string trimmer.

• 2 weeks later...

M18 and M12

Bigger tools like impacts and saws are M18 and smaller skill/accesory tools are M12. Since the company I work for uses Dewalt and we work out of a van the only everyday personal tools I take for me are M12 Fuel driver/drill/hackzall, radio and multitool. I'm either putting up trim with the van/miter saw or doing some touch ups,low voltage/speakers/painting and the M12 Fuels are more than adequate. My personal corded tools like routers/planers/sanders are Bosch. I'm trying to stay one company for battery tools. Everything else is corded.

Primary is Hitachi 18v, with DeWalt 20v Max as my secondary. I have Hitachi's KC18DBFL brushless kit which I love and received an amazing deal on, then bought the DeWalt 790+886 brushless kit a few months later in a comparable deal. I recently picked up the Triple Hammer and as long as that tool's in my inventory I will never part with Hitachi. They're my go to for heavy-duty work while the compact size of DeWalt's 790 is perfect for medium and light-duty tasks. I also own lights and radios for both (Hitachi's BT radio has amazing clarity).

I'm heavy into both the M18 and M12 platforms. I have a DCD985 I keep in the truck that sees a lot of use and I like it a lot. I also have a couple of AC/Delco 12V tools. 

I've been very happy with my Milwaukee stuff, but I will say this, if I were going to replace my cordless tools today, the choice would be a lot harder than it was when I chose Milwaukee 6-7 years ago. 

8 hours ago, Bremon said:

Agreed with conductor. I have a pile of Milwaukee and it was the obvious choice in late '13/early '14. I've been impressed enough by Dewalt lately that if I started today I might have more yellow. Happy to have both though. 

Dewalt has really answered to some awesome tools but they still somewhat ignored what users want, blade left brushless circ saw with hook, compact brushless impact wrenches,  not needing a different battery for a brushless sawzall, although the compact recip is coming out on 20v, no company is perfect but they just seem to complicate things sometimes.

• Like 2

Just now, Bremon said:

No argument from me there Jimbo. For every success they have they have something else that makes me scratch my head. 

That was what lead me to exit the yellow line, i was pissed id have to invest more money in batteries to have a halfway decent recip saw and a brushless circ saw, just not right... oh well they still have awesome tools

But in automaker fashion, they want you to get the Cadillac (FlexVolt) to get the latest and next year it will be in the GMC/Chevy (20v Max). Crappy but that's the way it goes sometimes. The circ saw guys will still get their small sidewinder, but it's sad that it's 2016 and they are still waiting when the 2730 was out years ago. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Bremon said:

But in automaker fashion, they want you to get the Cadillac (FlexVolt) to get the latest and next year it will be in the GMC/Chevy (20v Max). Crappy but that's the way it goes sometimes. The circ saw guys will still get their small sidewinder, but it's sad that it's 2016 and they are still waiting when the 2730 was out years ago. 

All i gotta say is Cordless Makita Hypoid yes please!

• Like 2

• 1 month later...