What is your main battery platform?

JimboS1ice

What is your main battery platform?  

88 members have voted

1. 1. In terms of 18v lines, what is your main platform?

• Dewalt 18v/20v Max (Lion)
    • Dewalt 18v XRP (NiCad)
    • Milwaukee M18
    • Makita 18v
    • Ryobi 18v One+
    • Ridgid 18v
    • Hilti 18+V
    • Bosch 18v
    • Metabo 18v
    • Black and Decker 18v
    • Porter Cable 18v
    • Kobalt 18/20/24v
    • Masterforce 18v
    • Hitachi 18v
    • Other (Leave in Comment)

Main platform for me is Dewalt 20v Max. For now I have about 6 tools but that will change, lol.

Secondary platform is Milwaukee M12. I got the 2404-22 Fuel hammerdrill kit  on clearance for $99 at my HD this past spring. I had been wanting to get into the M12 for awhile so I jumped on it and love it!

Great kit!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My main platform is Milwaukee M12 because that's what most of my tools are. I'm slowly upgrading to M18 tools and adding in tools from other brands; I don't think I will invest in another 12v platform except maybe just a Fein MultiTalent. My brushed M12 drill will probably remain my only drill until I have a need for a hammer drill or it breaks, however I've replaced the brushed M12 impact with a brushed Makita 18v version.

• Like 1

I have a ryobi 18v impact and the ryobi 18v drill and 18v hammer drill. They work great and have survived falls 40ft up in the crane so no complaints.  All the one plus tools i have are great.  I don't use any other battery tools.  Everything i do is mostly in shop so corded tools line my tool boxes.

Wow I am the only Kobalt user, but I finally started to invest in the newer cordless equipment and I wasn't sure I was going to like it as much as I do. I have the 24v drill and impact and love them. At work I have a M18 drill and impact that I use and they supplied, honestly like the new Kobalt stuff better. Now there is 1 M18 fuel set that I have tried and it is probably the nicest set I have ever used, but that being said I paid $169 for my set and another $50 for a 4ah battery. $500 is a lot of money for me to spend on a drill/driver kit. Hopefully I will not regret  my choice.

7 hours ago, tcoscarelli said:

Wow I am the only Kobalt user, but I finally started to invest in the newer cordless equipment and I wasn't sure I was going to like it as much as I do. I have the 24v drill and impact and love them. At work I have a M18 drill and impact that I use and they supplied, honestly like the new Kobalt stuff better. Now there is 1 M18 fuel set that I have tried and it is probably the nicest set I have ever used, but that being said I paid $169 for my set and another $50 for a 4ah battery. $500 is a lot of money for me to spend on a drill/driver kit. Hopefully I will not regret  my choice.

I like Kobalt's 24v line a good deal and owned the whole collection, but I worry about Lowe's supporting it long-term (see the Kobalt thread I just posted in). I ended up returning it since I already owned Hitachi's brushless 18v combo kit and the others in the collection tended to be better corded. Did you pay with cash or credit and do you have the receipts? The Kobalt line has a year-long money-back guarantee.

I like Kobalt's 24v line a good deal and owned the whole collection, but I worry about Lowe's supporting it long-term (see the Kobalt thread I just posted in). I ended up returning it since I already owned Hitachi's brushless 18v combo kit and the others in the collection tended to be better corded. Did you pay with cash or credit and do you have the receipts? The Kobalt line has a year-long money-back guarantee.

I paid with my lows card because I got extra money off. It was a sale they had going on at the time. I have the receipt plus it is on my, my lows card. I like them and for what I paid I will take my chances. I am thinking about also investing in another battery line for more variety. At work they provided me a m18 drill and driver plus they have some boch drills both are nice, but older. Early li-on stuff. There is 1 m18 fuel set that is sweet, but those are pricey. I have a m12 ratchet that I love, but not sure I want to go full blown Milwaukee.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 12/31/2016 at 11:36 PM, Fordgasm said:

M18, selling off all my Craftsman C3 stuff after two of their batteries died right after the year warranty was up.

Well that sucks, that's a big step up moving to the m18 line 

Welcome to tool junkie heaven too!