Some big issues with the Bosch React Saw and Power

DR99

Maybe not but if I tripped mine and destroyed $200 worth of cartridge and blade because of moisture in wood or finding a sliver of metal in plywood then price would matter.

I would then be bypassing the safety feature every time I cut plywood or anything else I was worried about. At that point the safety feature has little value.

I have the Jobsite Sawstop. It does not easily trip with cutting moist wood. By that I mean that I have NEVER activated it. It has to be substantially wet wood to activate. A finger and or metal is much more conductive than wet wood. These stories of fake activations seem to be more prevalent among people that don't even have the saw. There is a built in feature where you can deactivate the safety system.  You can then do a test cut and the system will tell you if the material is conductive enough to activate without actually doing it, if your concerned. On a side note most good blades are not damaged after a activation. The cartridge is made of aluminum and acts like a crumple zone in a car to absorb the energy. It doest just jam a hard piece of metal into the blade. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Marcv76 said:

I have the Jobsite Sawstop. It does not easily trip with cutting moist wood. By that I mean that I have NEVER activated it. It has to be substantially wet wood to activate. A finger and or metal is much more conductive than wet wood. These stories of fake activations seem to be more prevalent among people that don't even have the saw. There is a built in feature where you can deactivate the safety system.  You can then do a test cut and the system will tell you if the material is conductive enough to activate without actually doing it, if your concerned. On a side note most good blades are not damaged after a activation. The cartridge is made of aluminum and acts like a crumple zone in a car to absorb the energy. It doest just jam a hard piece of metal into the blade. 

Good explanation, and you could say that about a lot of things:

"These stories of [insert allegation] seem to be more prevalent among people that don't even have the [insert item]"

3 hours ago, Fletcher94 said:

Honestly I don't think the cost of a replacement cartridge an blade should matter. 

If I was a bussniess owner I don't see how you can afford to use a regular tablesaw. A injury at work can be very pricy. I mean not just do you have medical an insurance to deal with but there is possible legal fees. 

I know you can't prevent all injuries but if it reduces risk it's worth it. 

I'm surprised the insurance companies don't require SawStop's  for "larger" commercial shops. There have been a few cases in my shop where it definitely saved some fingers.