Finishing My Garage - Seal, Insulation, Drywall, Paint

olletsocmit

Since the job is being done by myself i'm even having issues with a 90 minute since it's like 100 here if I notice a issue area, I got to tape and get down and fix by the time I do that it's starting to dry again! I'm thinking of finishing the rest the premix

What one should I go with? I already have a bunch of the all-purpose green at home but what about this +3 stuff?
931efd641e908ba93d06927917d132a2.jpg
348702a9c3d21c7e430b56dc76b1b215.jpg

• Like 1

In regards to the above post I think I'm just going to use The green ones I have at home since I don't have money for a 5 gallon regardless right now..

I posted this on another thread but thought I'd share here since it's related to the drywall... here's a picture of my Milwaukee jigsaw that was one of many tools sitting on the other side of the garage while I've been hanging drywall. It's hard to tell from the pictures but the fins inside this thing are covered in white dust!

Should I pull apart any other tools that are this dirty inside and properly clean them out or just blowout with air or use the shop vac to clean? -- also a sidenote the little rectangular clear piece of plastic with a circle for the blade broke off the bottom in this last picture. I used it to kind of guide me for my lines where can I get another?

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url=http://www.professional-power-tool-guide.com/power-tool-forum/index.php?/topic/10805-How-do-you-treat-your-tools%3F/page__view__findpost__p__147539&share_tid=10805&share_fid=3816&share_type=t&share_pid=147539c9dbaa0ad19692465376d6ec75c1b009.jpg
84d45cde45cf3c4a505fdd2b512081b1.jpg
0cadca2e08358f0a1d9f16aa8d17a16c.jpg
3ddb8ae6c843b8346348ddf3039fbe6b.jpg

I am less worried about the brushless tools but this jigsaw is not brushless or does it really not matter...

2 hours ago, olletsocmit said:

Does what really not matter? I guess I don't even think about the dust aspect, maybe i should. I'll shake off my saw and tap the shavings out of the sawzall or OMT but that's about it. Probably just blow it off with air pressure

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys sorry I haven't been following up with this thread I've made a ton of progress and taking a lot of pictures. I'll be posting all of them tonight, my current state is all the walls sheet rocked except above and around the garage doors (this is something I'm going to have to figure out I really don't want to take the doors down and pull the rails but we'll see). Also the ceiling needs work it's the original 15 year old drywall wall. Some boards are pillowing (sagging in the middle, about 1/2" down). I'm not sure if this can be fixed somehow or I need to replace them. I'm worried if I push on them and set screws it'll rip right through...? I really need help and suggestions with the ceiling.

Also the two new walls and the two old have all have been covered in 1 coat of Behr drywall primer, should I do a second coat of primer or should I just paint now. This is the primer I used it was cheap and I had a can laying around. If I need a second coat of primer should I use a different one or the same. and I'm planning on painting the walls in eggshell in an off-white color.
6c661e256318093611365f1901333a3c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also regards to the questions above I've noticed some small issues after I applied the first coat of primer is it OK to do some small patch work with bagged setting-type compound or should I just use regular spackle. Like dry-dex or green lid joint compound

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk