Milwaukee surge

joemontague

I would prefer a brushless planer and a 10" brushless table saw that runs off 2 9.0 batteries. I could care less how good one key is. It's software. Fill all the holes in the hardware first. Fix the nail guns. What about dust extractors. All first. Then software. Keep your carping attitude. I can comment as I please. I have tried plenty of one key. It's unnecessary period!

just to follow up Millwaukee are you listening.... forget about one key. how about routers !  I have an idea instead of wasting $30 bucks a tool on one key about ditching the plastic crap cases and sell the tools in tanos like festool or upgrading the materials on each tool like better chucks and better metals in the gears or higher grade plastics and switches. I am just saying they are tools not computers.

I feel good  and you ? different staff same bosses. If milwaukee cannot make the bluetooth on the radio work perfectly how can they get one key right. I speculate the real reason behind one key is: a warranty conspiracy. When you turn your broken drill in for warranty they will hook it up to the computer and be able to tell that you abused your tool by running a too big bit at too high a setting or whatever.

2 hours ago, glass said:

I feel good  and you ? different staff same bosses. If milwaukee cannot make the bluetooth on the radio work perfectly how can they get one key right. I speculate the real reason behind one key is: a warranty conspiracy. When you turn your broken drill in for warranty they will hook it up to the computer and be able to tell that you abused your tool by running a too big bit at too high a setting or whatever.

What about Milwaukee no-key?

$_35.JPG?set_id=2

On the topic of the thread it's very quiet...unlike the user cursing at it.

All kidding aside I'm not a fan of the connected tools for now but it has a lot of potential with new features.

• Like 1

You might have nisunderstood my post. The video shows he is using the 3rd setting on both drivers. The One Key has an actual 4 numerical setting and if you look at the video you can see it is set to the 3rd which is actually maximum power. The 4th setting on that impact is default to the self tapping mode or programmable to whatever you want. Non One Key impacts and the surge have a 4th setting which is the self tapping mode but is designated with an icon and not a numeral 4. The One Key impact in Rob's test looks like it was indeed set to the 3rd and most powerful setting as far as I can tell. I can see why it appears to be a setting lower if you aren't 100% noticing the difference between a One Key and regular impact. Below is a closeup of the One Key and its four numerical modes:

IMG_3143.PNG

I guess I didn't read the manual correctly, to me, it reads as if the 3rd setting is in fact, NOT Max rpm.

What does this mean?

8e2b1cc78c8bbed487f3b3d0bb242f16.png

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

13 hours ago, HiltiWpg said:

I guess I didn't read the manual correctly, to me, it reads as if the 3rd setting is in fact, NOT Max rpm.

What does this mean?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Rob could have set any of those numbers to be whatever setting he wanted, which means he probably has max speed and torque set to mode 3, and until we know for sure I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt

Rob could have set any of those numbers to be whatever setting he wanted, which means he probably has max speed and torque set to mode 3, and until we know for sure I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt

I would bet money that it wasn't maxed. The speed alone is slower than my M12 impact. I think it's more likely that he didn't realize it was in mode 3. He may have also mistakenly thought that the 4th mode was the Tek mode like the Surge, and set both to 3.

That tool had no wear and tear and probably has never been programmed!

7 minutes ago, HiltiWpg said:

I would bet money that it wasn't maxed. The speed alone is slower than my M12 impact. I think it's more likely that he didn't realize it was in mode 3. He may have also mistakenly thought that the 4th mode was the Tek mode like the Surge, and set both to 3.

That tool had no wear and tear and probably has never been programmed!

Now I feel like asking him, hopefully he responds

Now I feel like asking him, hopefully he responds

For sure. I hope responds and posts another video.

I like his videos, I wasn't taking a shot at him personally, I just immediately noticed the light on the impact and thought it was suspect. Sponsorship aside, I am sure it was as simple as mistaking mode 4 for teK mode.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, HiltiWpg said:

What does this mean?

8e2b1cc78c8bbed487f3b3d0bb242f16.png

Hmm... multiple places I've see reviews on that tool, I don't own a One Key impact myself, said that until you activate One Key with the tool it acts just like an ordinary impact with the 4th setting acting in the set tapping. Maybe that's wrong? Still as KnarlyCarl points out One Key's programmability means anyone could program anything to any numerical designation i.e. Setting 1 could be set to maximum torque and rpm etc.

Hmm... multiple places I've see reviews on that tool, I don't own a One Key impact myself, said that until you activate One Key with the tool it acts just like an ordinary impact with the 4th setting acting in the set tapping. Maybe that's wrong? Still as KnarlyCarl points out One Key's programmability means anyone could program anything to any numerical designation i.e. Setting 1 could be set to maximum torque and rpm etc.

What I linked is the default.
If you choose to program it, you can, otherwise it's what it listed.

29 minutes ago, HiltiWpg said:

What I linked is the default.
If you choose to program it, you can, otherwise it's what it listed.

Yeah the default once One Key is initiated is what I thought. From what I've read and seen, which could be inaccurate, the tool out of the box functions identically to a regular fuel impact driver but once you set it up with One Key it changes the settings to what you posted. 

Yeah the default once One Key is initiated is what I thought. From what I've read and seen, which could be inaccurate, the tool out of the box functions identically to a regular fuel impact driver but once you set it up with One Key it changes the settings to what you posted. 

No. what I listed is the default. It needs to be programmed if you want tek mode. Hence the manual saying default. Not one key.

It's very clear and straight forward.

"Allow the tool to come to a complete stop before changing modes. Press the selector button to cycle between the settings.Select wireless to change the default settings via the ONE-KEY App on your smart device"

e43ee2fda64cf8807ccf01834c48b6b6.png

• Like 1

No matter what I read here, and I know everyone is trying to be helpfull, I would still go out and purchase the tool and try it out. Most places have a return policy if not satisfied and that gives me  guarantee that if I don't like it, Ill return it. I have done that with many tools.

I would certainly give it a shot if It's quiter and softer impacts. Looks interesting.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, HiltiWpg said:

No. what I listed is the default. It needs to be programmed if you want tek mode. Hence the manual saying default. Not one key.

It's very clear and straight forward.

"Allow the tool to come to a complete stop before changing modes. Press the selector button to cycle between the settings.Select wireless to change the default settings via the ONE-KEY App on your smart device"

e43ee2fda64cf8807ccf01834c48b6b6.png

I appreciate your post showing what the manual says. I don't dispute what the manual says but many places I've seen hands on with the tool seem to be saying something else, or at least what I understood to be different. Either way it wouldn't be the first time a manual was inaccurate, or reviewers were inaccurate either for that matter. That all being said I think it would be great if we could get some clarity on the settings used by Rob in his review of the impulse driver vs. the impact driver.

• Like 1

I know it's part of a different thread and completely different brand of tool but I would assume they are comparable in terms of performance. Just to give everyone an idea of what the toll can do. It definitaly has power for being rated a lot lower than normal impacts.