Milwaukee surge

joemontague

I don't really see the big deal about all this. I would love for some clarification from Concord Carpenter about what settings were used on the older impact but the new surge tool isn't made to be a balls to the wall power house tool. The tool is designed and being pushed for smaller fasteners for smoother quieter operation. If it's a little slower and less powerful in some instances who cares if it fulfills its design and market goals?  

• Like 1

So Rob admitted he messed up but he said he redid that portion and thought he deleted the incorrect clips....

"On the very first attempt in my shop I noticed the settings off.  I corrected that and thought I deleted those clips.  One may have sneaked in - urrgghh. On subsequent tests, I set them both the same - which clip are you looking at???"

I replied that it was noticed about the 6:25 mark

• Like 1

So Rob admitted he messed up but he said he redid that portion and thought he deleted the incorrect clips....

"On the very first attempt in my shop I noticed the settings off.  I corrected that and thought I deleted those clips.  One may have sneaked in - urrgghh. On subsequent tests, I set them both the same - which clip are you looking at???"
I replied that it was noticed about the 6:25 mark

Thought so!

The video hasn't been fixed though.

4:15 you can see it.

Maybe when he "set them both the same" he selected the 3rd position on both, reducing the 2757-20 to 2100rpm? Not knowing the 4th mode wasn't the tek mode like the Surge?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

12 minutes ago, HiltiWpg said:

Thought so!

The video hasn't been fixed though.

4:15 you can see it.

Maybe when he "set them both the same" he selected the 3rd position on both, reducing the 2757-20 to 2100rpm? Not knowing the 4th mode wasn't the tek mode like the Surge?

Good point, it can happen if he isn't really well versed in the 2757 he won't give it a second thought ... Just put both on 3 and go

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Got the kit from Milwaukee. Love it for sheet metal screws.

It's quieter, has less vibration, yada yada... 

IMG_20161220_073735553

No seriously, it's impressive the difference over the conventional style. Especially as Jerry said, it's not for balls-to-the-wall application. 

I'm hammering on sheet metal, it's a huge drum of itself, if i can bring that noise down, i love it.

• Like 2

Got the kit from Milwaukee. Love it for sheet metal screws.

It's quieter, has less vibration, yada yada... 

31404223590_d0cc2f0f77_b.jpg ..

No seriously, it's impressive the difference over the conventional style. Especially as Jerry said, it's not for balls-to-the-wall application. 

I'm hammering on sheet metal, it's a huge drum of itself, if i can bring that noise down, i love it.

I have been asking over and over, why should I buy one, what real world benefit would there be?

I think you are the first guy with a legit answer. I am not an HVAC guy, but I can see how the ringing would be dramatically reduced. That stuff can get pretty echoey and loud.
That's a great point. I am sure it would be helpful in reducing noise in mild steel cabinets as well.

Great job, thanks!

• Like 2

I have the impulse driver and love it. I mainly got it for using in resident's units due to the noise reduction. Much quieter than my impact. It did get a little warm when installing about 300sqft of sub flooring but never missed a beat.