DHP484 New Compact Brushless - Comparison Pictures

kornomaniac

There is no Milwaukee with triple the power. Period.

There is a Milwaukee  ( fuel gen 2 ) with double the power but also bigger and heavier.

The counterpart to Milwaukee fuel gen 2 is Makita dhp481. Which outperforms the Milwaukee slightly.

From memory I believe that Milwaukee brushless compact has the exact same power rating as this new compact Makita.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, kornomaniac said:

Did some fact checking and the compact brushless Milwaukee has a slightly higher power spec to this Makita dhp484 but is also Longer and heavier. 

All in all in adds up :)

But a lot of Makita's spec lower than Milwaukee but still out perform them

• Like 2

True. Milwaukee tend to have slightly less performance in real life tests that their Paper specs would assume [emoji4]

Just like bosch's Tools imo seem to have abit More real life grunt then their Paper specs would show [emoji4]

To me Bosch tools are like the Willis Jeeps of the fleet, they may not be the quickest but it can take some shrapnel, drive off a cliff, land upside down and still get the job done

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I finally found it at atlas machinery,  It only popped up on their site a few days ago.  I got it today and man is it great.  Actually i did see it at home depot just before, but it was in a kit with a dtd153 fast charger and 2x 5ah and the lunch bag  for 500$.  I think this was a home depot holiday special, because i didn't see that combo anywhere else.  Not bad, but I couldn't spring that much cash and found the bare tool only at atlas.

Anyway, it feels great.  My last drill was the bhp454.  It's still running, and they have the same listed torque but it was so heavy and long.  This new drill will fit so much better in between studs and joists.  my old drill will be retired to mixing cement probably.

I tested it with a 2+ inch self feeding bit.  Worked on low gear, doesn't even try on high.  I sunk a few 3 inch screws just testing it. I did a little head to head with my old impact btd141.  Even though they have the same listed 2000rpm, my new drill was definitely faster.

Before with my bhp484 I would always pick up my impact for screws, but now i'm wondering if my drill will be better,  (it's definitely quieter)  I know a guy who prefered his drill, he said it felt smoother.  Does anyone else use there drill over impact for screws? 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/17/2016 at 11:13 AM, kornomaniac said:

True. Milwaukee tend to have slightly less performance in real life tests that their Paper specs would assume :)

Just like bosch's Tools imo seem to have abit More real life grunt then their Paper specs would show :)

except when Sparky compared the Milwaukee impact to the DeWALT impact. the Milwaukee won but on paper should lose.

except when Sparky compared the Milwaukee impact to the DeWALT impact. the Milwaukee won but on paper should lose.

Dewalt hits a little quicker than the Milwaukee but all around I prefer the Milwaukee, but the 887 is a very respectable impact

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 2017-01-16 at 10:39 AM, Jronman said:

SparkyChannel? That guy might as well use a white lightning bolt as his channel logo. Don't expect anything red to ever lose on that channel without major qualifiers. I do prefer the 2753 but the 887 is practically identical to it performance wise. 

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Bremon said:

SparkyChannel? That guy might as well use a white lightning bolt as his channel logo. Don't expect anything red to ever lose on that channel without major qualifiers. I do prefer the 2753 but the 887 is practically identical to it performance wise. 

Agreed :)

22 hours ago, Bremon said:

There have been a few DeWALT tools that have won.