60v Pre Order Deliveries...or the lack thereof?

Hugh Jass

42 minutes ago, 2448jman said:

are flexvolt tools part of DeWalt's made in United States line of tools?

Lots of their stuff is "Assembled in the USA" (with components made in other countries). It is not perfect, but I am sure that DeWALT isn't the only company affected by the bankruptcy of the shipping company. I bet their are thousands of containers involved.  

• Like 1

Checked out the lineup at Home Depot today. Very impressed overall. The mitre will be mine. The grinder looks and feels nice, which makes the wait for it in the mail harder. The circ saw is quite nice, very similar to my 2731 Fuel which I'm a big fan of. Great time to be a Dewalt fan. They sadly didn't have the stud/joist drill. The recip didn't really impress me, however. Feels nice, somewhat reminiscent of the Fuel but it doesn't have an adjustable shoe that I can see. Maybe I'm wrong, or maybe it's another detail yellow has overlooked. 

• Like 3

There's three generations of badly designed/underpowered recipes from Dewalt that gave me plenty of indication they just don't know how to make them. But that's okay, every brand has something they just totally suck at, and this is one of Dewalt's. The other is chargers, which they're finally turning the corner with now that they produced the 60v-20v rapid charger, but they're still producing a variety of crap ones so they still have a lot of room to improve with the next generation of tools for sure. 

I WANT MY DAMN GRINDER CPO. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Bremon said:

Checked out the lineup at Home Depot today. Very impressed overall. The mitre will be mine. The grinder looks and feels nice, which makes the wait for it in the mail harder. The circ saw is quite nice, very similar to my 2731 Fuel which I'm a big fan of. Great time to be a Dewalt fan. They sadly didn't have the stud/joist drill. The recip didn't really impress me, however. Feels nice, somewhat reminiscent of the Fuel but it doesn't have an adjustable shoe that I can see. Maybe I'm wrong, or maybe it's another detail yellow has overlooked. 

I wonder if you put a 9.0 battery on your fuel circ saw it could perform as well as the fkexvolt circ, but for the price of the 9.0.......hmm

It doesn't seem the recip has an adjustable shoe nor a rafter hook, both of which has become essential to have on my sawzall

• Like 1

I confirmed with Murray on IG that I'm not crazy and it doesn't have the hook or the shoe. Big fail on that one. I'm confident my Fuel Sawzall will haul ass with the 9.0 and keep up with the FlexVolt. Milwaukee has a 2720-22HD kit with 9.0 coming out. The circ I don't think will regardless. It just doesn't have enough RPM. The 9.0 will help with voltage drop but won't win a race against the FlexVolt. I wouldn't be shocked if we see a new 2732 high rpm Fuel circ saw at the '17 NPS.

How I'm going to get a 9.0 or 2 economically is my problem. No way in hell I'm spending $500 Canadian plus tax on two batteries. My prior plans were a pair of 9.0 and a pair of 6.0. Toss in a rapid charger and I'm within $100 of the FlexVolt mitre with adapter and 2 batteries. Screw that. Pair of 5.0 from a braking grinder kit is on my radar instead I think. 

• Like 1