60v Pre Order Deliveries...or the lack thereof?

Hugh Jass

2 minutes ago, wildroamer said:

Well, I just cancelled my circular saw order, simply because I now have my eye on the track saw, if it does indeed appear in the US at some point.

Still waiting on the grinder and recip, however...

Im gonna keep my circular saw order because I utilized the free tool deal and would like to keep the free tool. Also I'm thinking about selling the circular saw if I decided I would need the tracksaw more than the circular. I wish I had the option for a tracksaw now but I don't know how useful it would be on the jobsite for house building. Would be more interested in using it for furniture as something to cut sheet material because I don't have the budget or space for a cabinet grade tablesaw. Would also make for easy accurate cuts for large solid wood tops that have uneven edges from joining wood together.

• Like 1

Days later, the response: 

Hello Bryan,

Thank you for contacting CPO!

We do apologize for the inconvenience. This order is currently on back order because we do not have this item in stock. We are receiving a shipment in today for your product and
your item should be shipped out to you this week. Again, we do apologize in the delay of your shipment.  

If we can be of further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Sincerely,

CPO Customer Care

• Like 1

15 hours ago, 77Ford said:

I contacted CPO for the second Time and no response......emoji35.pngemoji35.pngemoji35.pngemoji35.png

I really think the blame lies with DeWalt though on this one emoji35.pngemoji35.pngemoji35.png

@ToughToolReviews on Instragram

DeWALT has the ability to produce X number of tools and divides that pie up to the various folks who sell their tools. They are going to allocate more tools to the folks who sell more. Just like Home Depot is going to send more of the FlexVolt tools to northern Virginia in the DC suburbs than they are going to send to the stores in the western, more rural part of the state. The question is did the big discounters know how many tools they were going to get? If they knew they were going to get only a handful, maybe they should have offered them at full price - $10 or $25 instead of the huge discount, free extra tool, free battery route. Another option would have been for them to offer them to some of their more frequent purchasers first.

It sounds like DeWALT has a bigger winner than they imagined they would have. They will also have to deal with the animosity that these vendors have created for them. It is even worse for them if they have parts and components floating offshore because of the Hanjim bankruptcy, waiting to be unloaded and can't build more tools because of it.

So CPO just emailed me basically saying they have no idea when they'll ship my tool but they hope it's this year, and they're going to eat 10% on my order. 

I understand it's Dewalt that's fucking this up by being greedy and letting Home Depot and the like eat up all the orders but I'm pissed from a marketing standpoint that pre orders are the ones getting hosed when we're the biggest fans/enthusiasts/supporters. It's not right.