9 Inch Bosch Angle Grinder Repair

CATERPILLAR

Hi Guys I have a Older Bosch Grinder That I Was In The process of putting back together .As I was I was Spinned the bearing and it fell apart. I need Your guys help to know what should i do . i have alright talked to bosch about it and they dont carry the part and i have tryed to take off the middle of the bearing as u can see in the picture it is infront of the fan and i am not able to take it off and have tryed some to put the bearing balls and outer bearing housing back on but can never get all of the balls back in. i was wondering if there is a way that i can shove all the bearings back in at once .

DSCF8028.JPG

DSCF8029.JPG

DSCF8030.JPG

DSCF8031.JPG

DSCF8032.JPG

DSCF8033.JPG

DSCF8034.JPG

• Like 1

Go to your local bearing supplier (probably Motion Industries) and bring in both the inner and outer race of the bearing. They will pull out some calipers and type some numbers in and hand you a shiny new high speed permanently sealed ball bearing. This will require removing the inner race. My guess is that it has some sort of sealer holding it on. Probably somewhere along the lines of loctite 620 or maybe even 680. This will reguire a bearing puller to remove (yay new tools). When replacing the bearing make sure and use loctite 620 or the potentially more readily available Permatex  version 60940 "Bearing mount for close fits" or even Loctite 640/Permatex 6400 will work if that's all that is available. Apply only to the shaft the inner race contacts. Wish you the best of luck.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Stercorarius said:

Go to your local bearing supplier (probably Motion Industries) and bring in both the inner and outer race of the bearing. They will pull out some calipers and type some numbers in and hand you a shiny new high speed permanently sealed ball bearing. This will require removing the inner race. My guess is that it has some sort of sealer holding it on. Probably somewhere along the lines of loctite 620 or maybe even 680. This will reguire a bearing puller to remove (yay new tools). When replacing the bearing make sure and use loctite 620 or the potentially more readily available Permatex  version 60940 "Bearing mount for close fits" or even Loctite 640/Permatex 6400 will work if that's all that is available. Apply only to the shaft the inner race contacts. Wish you the best of luck.

This. You can probably find a shop that will pull that bearing and replace it for a few bucks for beer.

• Like 2