Hate To Report Bad News Again

WigWagWorkshop

Good Day Crew!

Has most of you will remember, the wife's mother passed away a few months ago.  Well, I just received news from back home, the my fathers health took a turn for the worse.  I need to scrape together some cash, so I make the journey back home, and hopefully see him before he passes away. I have not been back in about 8 years. It's been a rough year, has I also lost an uncle (on my fathers side), and a sister-in-law (brothers wife).

-Steven

Good Day Crew!

Has most of you will remember, the wife's mother passed away a few months ago.  Well, I just received news from back home, the my fathers health took a turn for the worse.  I need to scrape together some cash, so I make the journey back home, and hopefully see him before he passes away. I have not been back in about 8 years. It's been a rough year, has I also lost an uncle (on my fathers side), and a sister-in-law (brothers wife).

-Steven

So sorry to hear of your loss wigwag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Take care of yourself during this time, I remember you explaining about your pops in a home and needing extra care, i wasn't looking forward to your update on this as I suspected something like this, my grandpa went through a similar ordeal and passed in February.

Also my wife works as an aid at a home and loves working with the residents, because she says they are so cute haha, but she also has reality to deal with when their time comes and I can tell she is always moved by the occasion......

• Like 2

Good Day Crew!

Update: Thought I would check in. First off, although a sad occasion, it's been a wonderful reunion. Family has come from all over the great place we call Earth. Us Italians know how to put out a spread of food. I have not seen my once close family in over 13 years. Now for some good news, my Mother, is looking strong, and she is taking the loss of her life long partner well. They were High Sweethearts. My father was 83 years old. 

The viewing will be on Monday, and the Funeral will be on Tuesday.  He will be buried with full military honors, has he fought for our great country of the USA, in the Korean War, flying the Great B-36 Peacemaker. 

• Like 8

9 hours ago, WigWagWorkshop said:

Good Day Crew!

Update: Thought I would check in. First off, although a sad occasion, it's been a wonderful reunion. Family has come from all over the great place we call Earth. Us Italians know how to put out a spread of food. I have not seen my once close family in over 13 years. Now for some good news, my Mother, is looking strong, and she is taking the loss of her life long partner well. They were High Sweethearts. My father was 83 years old. 

The viewing will be on Monday, and the Funeral will be on Tuesday.  He will be buried with full military honors, has he fought for our great country of the USA, in the Korean War, flying the Great B-36 Peacemaker. 

That's how it's supposed to be, remember the good days; celebrate his life and his mark on this world, the lives he touched...don't focus on his last days. Best wishes for all.

• Like 3

On 9/25/2016 at 3:38 AM, WigWagWorkshop said:

Good Day Crew!

So Sorry for the loss of your father. He was one of the true Heros of this country. 

• Like 2

UPDATE:

The playing of taps by the lone bugler, had everyone in tears, has you can expect.  Many thanks to all the veterans that volunteered their time, there was a few Korean War veterans also.  Our family has always been really close, I have 5 brothers and a sister, I am the youngest of them all. In true Italian fashion, we had a huge spread of food, and we all spent time talking about all the great times, into the early morning.  A few of us, including me, were up to the morning sunrise. 

I really appreciate all the kind words, prayers, and support.

-Steven

• Like 7

On 9/20/2016 at 11:18 PM, KnarlyCarl said:

Taking some Tommy's jerky along? ?

Na, the local butcher has the BEST jerky on the planet!!! Not to mention their beef sticks.  They don't do "on-line", in fact they don't even take Credit Cards.  I ended up buying a few pounds of Jerky and Beef sticks.  Another thing is the price, it's only $15 a pound for Jerky, and $10 a pound for beef sticks, you will not find a cheaper price anywhere, especially for their quality. 

• Like 2