Flexvolt at Ace?

Jronman

Aces are a franchise. The Rocking R Ace in Harrisonburg, VA , they are also an authorized DeWALT service center. They have had FlexVolts for a few weeks. Something sticks in my mind it was $319 for the reciprocating saw, I can't remember whether it was the one or two battery kits. The had a smallish display, looking similar in size to the pallet photo somebody showed from Home Depot. 

This Friday and Saturday are the fall tool sale and demo, I might have to look and see what all they are demoing this time around. I know the last one they had a couple of beasts for nail guns, they had one that was a fence stapler and another that was huge beast that drove 6 inch spikes for the folks who built pole barns.

Factory Authorized hasn't shipped either

Tanner shipped my saw.....but the free tool is on back order until November. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Was talking with Tool Barn today on Instragram and they are blaming DeWalt. [emoji106]

@ToughToolReviews on Instragram
  • Like 1

Lol; "Dewalt has made products that are too popular to keep on the shelves". Holy crap, a FlexVolt radio spot literally just came on the radio as I type this. Going hard on this new line!

"This new radio will run on 20v, or even louder at 60VOLTS! *under breath (for less runtime)"

I understood what you meant by flexvolt radio spot, I just couldn't resist.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, NicolasRamos said:

"This new radio will run on 20v, or even louder at 60VOLTS! *under breath (for less runtime)"

I understood what you meant by flexvolt radio spot, I just couldn't resist.

So if I plug it into 120v receptacle, it will blow my eardrums out? Lol

• Like 1

That feature will only be on the 120v MAX model, which is still in development phase. But going by Dewalt's previous time frames, that radio should be available for pre-order late summer 2018........

...sold exclusively at ACE... Right beside the Flex Seal...

Like I said earlier, I went to the Rocking R fall tool show, I got to see many of the FlexVolts, a few in action. I didn't stay for all the demonstrations, But I will offer my thoughts about what I saw. The sliding miter saw was everything folks were hoping, a DWS780 that runs on batteries. The table saw is compact, it is comparable in size to the DWE7480 or the DW745. The 7 1/4 circular saw is a beast. I don't know why you would ever need to do what they were doing, but for the demonstration they had 3 3/4 sheets of OSB stacked up clamped in a jaw horse and  ripped 3 feet, 32 inches, whatever the max opening for the jaw horse was in 4 to 5 seconds tops. It was faster than I would cut a single sheet, but they were demonstrating for power. The DeWALT rep said that in testing using the gravity sled set up they have it would beat the DeWALT corded 7 1/4 saw. Seeing what I saw, I believe him. They had one  of the chargers/ power supplies and the 7 1/4 circular saw they had hooked up had no hesitation to get up to full speed unlike saws hooked to an auto-idle generator. Prices and deals were around to be found with extra batteries for this or that and the one that will make a few early order folks cry a little, the DHS790AT2 sliding miter saw for $800 with a free DWX726 rolling stand.

0923161125.jpg

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Bremon said:

Even the demos they had at the event vs 2731 Fuel all I kept thinking was "I can't cut that fast" lol. Killer deal on the 790. I can't wait to buy that saw. 

That's just the point though, you don't need too...but you can if you had too. Nobody will complain it's too powerful, lol. 

"...reason for your return, sir?" 

"...I'm scared." 

lol.

• Like 3