So if you don't buy Flexvolt, is it no soup for you?

aabee

Apart from company specific features like one key, flexvolt, and tool design, most tools are pretty equal in performance between companies. I think a lot of tool buying decisions are more just based on personal preference, word of mouth, or what coworkers may have.

• Like 2

On 9/25/2016 at 5:44 PM, 2448jman said:

Apart from company specific features like one key, flexvolt, and tool design, most tools are pretty equal in performance between companies. I think a lot of tool buying decisions are more just based on personal preference, word of mouth, or what coworkers may have.

Deals. Don't forget about the deals/promos 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/22/2016 at 0:35 AM, dwain said:

there are a total of 2 manufacturers who have a brushless circular saw or reciprocating saw, and one of them only did so in the last year. Not to mention that Dewalt's circular saw is already a fantastic tool.

Dewalt is a business.

Dewalt's circular saw? The 7.25", I suppose if you want to buy into a new set of batteries.  I just spent a small fortune buying all the 20V packs I thought I needed.  Then you can go with a 6.5" saw, and have no blade selection to work from.  No thanks!

Dewalt is a business, and just like other businesses which aren't meeting my needs, I am voting with my feet.

fair call. But the vast majority of cordless circular saws are 6.5", which means blade selection is not too bad anymore, especially online.

The Dewalt 20V 6.5" saw is very nice to use. When my 20V saw died, I switched over to the M18  FUEL circ saw. I chose the 6.5" over the 7.25" FUEL because i like the blade on the left, and because its smaller and lighter, with the same power.

• Like 1

Just now, dwain said:

Have you heard something? Any idea on timeframe?

Unfortunately nothing very recent. I'd imagine it's ready by now but want to keep pumping sales of the 60v for a little bit before shooting for an update that might prevent someone from getting the big boy. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, joemontague said:

Does anyone  know when cpo is going to ship I'm about over this 

Dewalt as far as I can tell, essentially, has told CPO to pound sand and wait in line, and if they're good boys, they'll get their shipments to complete preorder deliveries by Christmas. 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

Dewalt as far as I can tell, essentially, has told CPO to pound sand and wait in line, and if they're good boys, they'll get their shipments to complete preorder deliveries by Christmas. 

Now they are saying Christmas? Someone said October 12th was when a shipment would come in.

Cancel your orders and buy them at Home Depot. The small discount is not worth waiting IMHO. The Home Depots in my area in Socal seem to be pretty well stocked up with Flexvolt. 

Yes.....I have received $1000 in free tools I did not have. I am still waiting for 1 more Tool, plus they gave me an additional 10% off. Do I like waiting....no but Flexvolt is worth the wait IMOP.

DeWalt dropped the ball on this one.....and again management screws up and the workers pay the price.

If you are one of the blind that follows HD...good for you. They suck in my opinion ....but sometimes you find a deal. If you are a sheep and want to pay retail.... be my guest [emoji109][emoji109][emoji109][emoji109]

Tough Tool Reviews on Instragram

• Like 1

6 hours ago, jeffmcmillan said:

I just want the SDS drills to come out... with dust collection!

By the way... not jeffmcmillan

What kind of dust collection? Would you go with the hollow drill bits or the port that sits on the surface?? I'd imagine the surface mount dust attachment would work in a wider range of bits

13 hours ago, 2448jman said:

Now they are saying Christmas? Someone said October 12th was when a shipment would come in.

Exactly, *A* shipment, if that date is even true. They've implied several dates thus far and all of them were incorrect. By the time they've delivered the entire quota, it'll likely be december. I've repeatedly emailed them and the last time the response was they had no idea when my order would ship and Dewalt was still backordered. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, jeffmcmillan said:

I just want the SDS drills to come out... with dust collection!

By the way... not jeffmcmillan

Who is this and when did the problem start? I want to nip the problem in the butt before its an issue like last time. I messaged Eric allready

• Like 2