So if you don't buy Flexvolt, is it no soup for you?

aabee

On 10/12/2016 at 8:20 PM, KnarlyCarl said:

What kind of dust collection? Would you go with the hollow drill bits or the port that sits on the surface?? I'd imagine the surface mount dust attachment would work in a wider range of bits

I have used both in the past with mixed results. We do a lot of overhead drilling in hospitals, industrial items, etc. it's a double edged sword- lots of piping in the way/working around, so the hollow bits are nice because they have a limited size impact vs the surface, but the hollow bits don't seem to work as well drilling vertically. 

we are currently in the Hilti rental program for our sds drills and they're up shortly, so I'd like to get one and try it before it's too late and we have to buy a dozen at once and hope they work well! 

• 4 weeks later...

Which leads you to the same complaints the FlexVolt mitre gets from tons of people: "but 2 batteries! 2 batteries! That's twice as many batteries as I usually need!". Makita seems to get a pass though: "well everyone has Makita batteries laying around: FlexVolt is a whole other system!"

Which leads you to the same complaints the FlexVolt mitre gets from tons of people: "but 2 batteries! 2 batteries! That's twice as many batteries as I usually need!". Makita seems to get a pass though: "well everyone has Makita batteries laying around: FlexVolt is a whole other system!"

I like the 2 battery set up whether makita or flex, downfall with flex 2 batteries requires an extra bowl of wheaties! But in a stationary tool who cares! If it means getting the job done and not tripping on a cord, yes I'm coming around in flex volt, just no need in my arsenal of red ha ha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

I just don't like the double standard. I'm coming around on x2 as well. Generally I like to keep things light. 

Yea I agree bud, it's really a smart move from makita to not introduce another battery, at least they didn't make you buy a new battery and two of them ha ha

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

May i say...dewalt...i am a framer and deck builder...dewalt has all the cordless tools needed to build a house or build a deck..nailers,finish guns,hanger guns,the most powerful cordless circular saw..sawzall...drills,impact drills,impact wrenches..i need a complete system of tools to frame...flexvolt allows that...no other brand does....

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Framer joe said:

May i say...dewalt...i am a framer and deck builder...dewalt has all the cordless tools needed to build a house or build a deck..nailers,finish guns,hanger guns,the most powerful cordless circular saw..sawzall...drills,impact drills,impact wrenches..i need a complete system of tools to frame...flexvolt allows that...no other brand does....

Actually only Milwaukee has a Sawzall ;) haha

No cordless roofing nailer tho, which is the most common type of roof.... But I suppose you could just hand nail everything, that would be cordless too?

Or the portable power station, compressor, roofing guns, that would work!

3 hours ago, KnarlyCarl said:

Actually only Milwaukee has a Sawzall ;) haha

No cordless roofing nailer tho, which is the most common type of roof.... But I suppose you could just hand nail everything, that would be cordless too?

Or the portable power station, compressor, roofing guns, that would work!

Most common type of roof? Or most common type of nailer?

• Like 1

Roofing nailers are probably the same in number as framing nailers..per guys....typical framing crew of 10 guys will have 10/12 framing guns....typical roofing crew 2/6 guys will have 4 -8 guns.....sidewaller crews 2/10 guys will have more..6/15 staplers due to guns breaking easier......east coast most common asphalt shingles (architects) not 3 tab......I do hear the dewalt roofing gun is the fastest around.......... knarlyCarl yo I wish dewalt made a cordless roofing gun...def help installing windows and roofing !

• Like 1