M12 or m18 multi tool

cpope09

I agree, had the M12 and upgraded to the M18 not saying the M12 version was a total waste but I find the battery life is better with the M18 along with somewhat tool-less M18 is a little bigger and can obviously weigh more with a 4.0ah or 5.0ah connected....

I use the m12 for cutting out squares of drywall to get to plumbing behind walls, makes very nice cuts easy, controlled, and I don't have to worry about hitting things behind the drywall like a recip saw would. 

I wish I had the m18 version tho, for when I need to notch out wood material.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, DR99 said:

Only thing is your stuck buying Bosch or Fein blades to use the Starlock feature. The cheap price on generic OMT blades is nice :)

DR, what brand of generic OMT blades do you like? I've been looking to pick up a few blades from Harbor Freight to give them a try. 

19 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

Integra is the brand, good stuff indeed. 

I was looking at integra. They seemed like good blades. The price seemed decent as well. The variety of blades isn't as much as some other brands but they got the essentials. I was interested in their bigger set. I think it was a 100 something piece set.

7 hours ago, 2448jman said:

I was looking at integra. They seemed like good blades. The price seemed decent as well. The variety of blades isn't as much as some other brands but they got the essentials. I was interested in their bigger set. I think it was a 100 something piece set.

All of their sets are set at different values, when I purchased I got the 26 blade set and they were cheap as dirt. I paid for my entire OMT KIT by not buying OEM blades. 

~Hugh Jass. 

• 1 year later...

Hi, I just picked up an M18 bare tool. Looks like Bosch makes perfect fit blades. I don't really have anything specific planned for this at the moment, but is there a suitable blade attachment that can be used for cleaning out crap between my sundeck boards, without destroying the wood?

Thanks!

2 minutes ago, kmarnes said:

Hi, I just picked up an M18 bare tool. Looks like Bosch makes perfect fit blades. I don't really have anything specific planned for this at the moment, but is there a suitable blade attachment that can be used for cleaning out crap between my sundeck boards, without destroying the wood?

Thanks!

I am not sure, maybe a scraper blade?

29 minutes ago, kmarnes said:

Thanks!

I've actually had pretty good luck with a wire brush "blade" attachment on a recip saw for cleaning out between the boards on my deck.

6 hours ago, kmarnes said:

I use the Spyder but I really like that crevice cleaning tool.  I think I'm going to order one of those.

I bought into the M12 line first and used mine quite a bit, loud but works. I was using mine to clean out some caulk/make room for metal  around a window and one of the male prongs broke and stuck into the battery. First I noticed the battery came loose and I popped it back in. Went back to work for a minute, battery fell out. Then noticed the prong sticking out. I still need to send it back to Milwaukee,  also a flashlight that doesn't work either.

Went and bought a M18 the next day. Love it and it cranks. Oscillating Mult-tools needs a big battery, they seem to use a lot of juice.

• 11 months later...