Trip to Alaska

Hugh Jass

Figured I'd share my latest trip to Alaska with you guys. I have some family in Anchorage and my aunt won the lottery to drive Denali Park Rd, so 5,000 mi later to the exact opposite corner of the US, off we went for our 5 day adventure. I haven't gone through the bear photo's yet to decide what I'm keeping or tossing, the light was not in my favor every time we came across them so most of the pictures are pretty bad, small sensor cameras don't focus well in poor light conditions, but it'll give you some idea anyhow.

Anyway, enjoy and let me know what you think! 

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipMYA5laWmhngIPX64Y-2XbtAInxJc4-Us5bGwq9qNWAzsbt2I421GxGDHkUt-vYTA?key=TUM0UHZzd09haXJCSUtPWVFock5MdmRYM2JIa1pB

• Like 4

My Dad was from Hawaii, so I'm often disgusted what we(humans) do to ruin our gorgeous landscapes, part of me HATES to see those once beautiful cars discarded through time but another part of me thinks how beautiful they are being reclaimed by nature. Thanks for sharing! It's always been a dream of mine to go to Alaska.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, BMack37 said:

My Dad was from Hawaii, so I'm often disgusted what we(humans) do to ruin our gorgeous landscapes, part of me HATES to see those once beautiful cars discarded through time but another part of me thinks how beautiful they are being reclaimed by nature. Thanks for sharing! It's always been a dream of mine to go to Alaska.

I don't know this, but I suspect that these cars may be the product of the 1964 earthquake, which was the second biggest recorded earthquake in recorded history (9.2 megathrust). These may be the vehicles that were damaged in the area beyond repair, and used at this location to reclaim some land from erosion due to the earthquake. It was so powerful that the land liquified and destabilized so I could see them doing this for a reason if I'm right. The cars I was able to identify fit the timeframe. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...