What's going on with the forum?

jeffmcmillan

21 hours ago, BMack37 said:

Maybe the forum is ust trying to consolidate all the Canadians into one account :P

Hugh, is this from mobile and your computer? Browser and tapatalk? Seriously, this needs to be fixed because I'll be pretty upset if we lose some great members, for however long, because of some glitch. Hugh, do you have instagram? A lot of us are pretty active on there, it's a great way to keep in touch.

I haven't tried from other sources, I only use the forum on my primary computer. I won't be leaving permanently but for this to continue after emails and PM's about this issue to forum ownership and management and posting publicly on the forum on a major issue which is a clear MASSIVE violation of one's privacy and for nobody to reach out to me or to try to fix it is beyond frustrating. This forum should be shut down, fixed, TESTED, and then reopened once proven safe. Not only can I impersonate another member, I can send PM's, read PM's, post, edit and delete posts, edit details or change passwords...and this is all just from a basic account. Imagine if I were signed in as a global moderator or administrator. Yet apparently not one shit is given? 

I'll see ya'll later. ~Hugh Jass. 

this is the real comp56......

I feel so violated............now that I know someone can log in and be me, read my PM's and or send them and have the same full control of my account as I do or more for that matter........I may log out and not return ...... 

I realize this is a bug of some kind in the forum software but the site should go off line until fixed........

5,800 posts, many hours spent on the forum to help build it I stand corrected more like 5,780 posts as there are at least 20 posts under my username that I didn't make........

The site was taken down once we knew that the problem existed and was brought back online once the problem was assumed to be fixed. For some reason Hugh was able to keep logging in under other peoples user names. I hope Eric can stop by and explain the situation better.

Hugh are you the only one still having issues? My understanding is they fixed it and tested it and didn't see any issues. If anyone else is still having issues, please let me know so we can track this down. I know the people who have email us and pm us about the problem also said it was fixed, so if others are having issues, let me know. Hugh, we might just have to switch accounts if you are the only one. Dont worry, you wont loose anything

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hugh are you the only one still having issues? My understanding is they fixed it and tested it and didn't see any issues. If anyone else is still having issues, please let me know so we can track this down. I know the people who have email us and pm us about the problem also said it was fixed, so if others are having issues, let me know. Hugh, we might just have to switch accounts if you are the only one. Dont worry, you wont loose anything

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nah that issues fixed for me but I can't comment on the main website, fire wall calms up, maybe we should go to smoke signal communication

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 3

Extra test here, I think it's probably fixed at this time...most of the really weird shit that was happening is gone. Comp did you have trouble signing in while I was posting as you? I noticed that once I signed out the last time you posted here within a matter of minutes like you must have been trying to get on again. 

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass said:

Extra test here, I think it's probably fixed at this time...most of the really weird shit that was happening is gone. Comp did you have trouble signing in while I was posting as you? I noticed that once I signed out the last time you posted here within a matter of minutes like you must have been trying to get on again. 

no I never had a problem, I too am 99.9% on a loggin desktop computer so I just post away.....just that before I knew what was going on it was like WTF? I didn't post this.......

Thanks for letting me know, I will pass this on.  This is a new security feature, a third party we have in place.  This is something we are still working on getting in place.  I believe that might be a generic 404 page, but will submit it.  I know when we switched over from our all forum software to a newer one, we lost thing years ago.  Our tech guy is off on Sundays, but hopefully I will have an answer for you by tomorrow.

9 hours ago, Eric - TIA said:

Thanks for letting me know, I will pass this on.  This is a new security feature, a third party we have in place.  This is something we are still working on getting in place.  I believe that might be a generic 404 page, but will submit it.  I know when we switched over from our all forum software to a newer one, we lost thing years ago.  Our tech guy is off on Sundays, but hopefully I will have an answer for you by tomorrow.

Thanks Eric, you the man

OK here is what we found.

It looks like the users IP was blocked for potential cross-site scripting (XSS).  An XSS attack occurs when someone uses a web application to send malicious code, generally a browser side script.

We opened a support ticket with Sucuri, so they can look further into the issue.

Your IP should be good now and not get that error.  
We are trying to figure out how tight we can make the firewall without having these issues come up.  So if anyone else gets this error, please let me know.

Please let me know if you have any questions.
  • Like 2