dcs365 cordless mitre saw accuracy

skippy_chippy

Hey guys, the other day I picked up the Australian version of dewalts 18v cordless mitre saw. It will be used in a professional carpentry contracting business. I already have 5 other 10" corded electric saws, so this one will be for convenience, where I dont have power nearby or lugging it up stairs or scaffolding.

So far I've been happy with its performance, but cant seem to adjust it to cut accurate 45* mitres. I have installed a brand new 60 tooth blade, adjusted the bevel so it cuts dead on plumb, and moved the mitre scale around so shes bang on square, alls good there. Now when I move the table to the left or right and lock it in the preset detents they aren't exactly 45* has anyone else come across this? Sure i could adjust the scale so its good to  45* left but that throws it out of square and even more so out of 45* to the right.

Ive thought of slightly  elongating the 45* detent holes with a dremel to push the table around to where it needs to be, but should I have to do this?

8 hours ago, skippy_chippy said:

Hey guys, the other day I picked up the Australian version of dewalts 18v cordless mitre saw. It will be used in a professional carpentry contracting business. I already have 5 other 10" corded electric saws, so this one will be for convenience, where I dont have power nearby or lugging it up stairs or scaffolding.

So far I've been happy with its performance, but cant seem to adjust it to cut accurate 45* mitres. I have installed a brand new 60 tooth blade, adjusted the bevel so it cuts dead on plumb, and moved the mitre scale around so shes bang on square, alls good there. Now when I move the table to the left or right and lock it in the preset detents they aren't exactly 45* has anyone else come across this? Sure i could adjust the scale so its good to  45* left but that throws it out of square and even more so out of 45* to the right.

Ive thought of slightly  elongating the 45* detent holes with a dremel to push the table around to where it needs to be, but should I have to do this?

Take it to the Dewalt servicecenter, they will help you?

Cheers guys, i had another look at it this afternoon, the holes in the plate are smooth as.  our detent plate setup is different to your dcs361 model, which looks superior and stronger setup than our model 365.

Looks like the detent plate consists of a series of holes to which a cone shaped lock mechanism fits into. The plate seems to be mounted to far out from the center pivot, as the locking pin doesn't line up that well with the holes. I'll  shoot past the service shop and run my thoughts past him?

The table on the dcs361 looks to be a better construction than the aussie 365, but ours has a longer slide, why they made 2 different model is beyond me but anyway... i could have got the 361 as a grey import from a shop down here but was going to be $150 more than i got this one for ?

Interesting ... There aren't any real good service places around here... You can count on a delay anywhere you take a tool to be serviced because they ship them out somewhere else to be looked at. It's with any brand that is available here, too. Hilti is not one of those brands.

Sounds like you're in better shape with your service center than the ones around here

17 hours ago, skippy_chippy said:

Cheers guys, i had another look at it this afternoon, the holes in the plate are smooth as.  our detent plate setup is different to your dcs361 model, which looks superior and stronger setup than our model 365.

Looks like the detent plate consists of a series of holes to which a cone shaped lock mechanism fits into. The plate seems to be mounted to far out from the center pivot, as the locking pin doesn't line up that well with the holes. I'll  shoot past the service shop and run my thoughts past him?

The table on the dcs361 looks to be a better construction than the aussie 365, but ours has a longer slide, why they made 2 different model is beyond me but anyway... i could have got the 361 as a grey import from a shop down here but was going to be $150 more than i got this one for ?

yes, it sounds like the plate either needs to move closer or farther away from center pivot.