2nd wave of Flexvolt timeframe?

Hugh Jass

The supply chain is king. If they can't get enough 20700 cells (or whatever size they are switching to) then optimal retail timeframes don't matter. Plus, they'll sell when they come out regardless of when that might be. As much as I'm sure they would like the extra homeowner sales, they can still get money from those people with their Black Friday fire sales on entry level garbage lol. 

• Like 1

the new radio flexvolt is due November 1

I think model  number is dcr025 or dcr027

I been scratching my head on this one....why DeWalt even is producing it? Because the Flexvolt battery will not fit in the Toughsystem radio? I will be amazed if it sounds any better. [emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

23 minutes ago, 77Ford said:

I been scratching my head on this one....why DeWalt even is producing it? Because the Flexvolt battery will not fit in the Toughsystem radio? I will be amazed if it sounds any better. emoji41.png

Because those worthless jack@**es at DeWalt advertised the tough system radio as having phone remote control capabilities and it doesn't and this one is being much more explicitly advertised as having remote phone control capabilities and if it really does this time it will be worth it.

• Like 3

ToughSystem radio has plenty of questionable design features, but the sound is hard to argue with. The 025 is going to have to be amazing to find it's way into my possession as a home shop radio. 

I love the Toughsystem design.... but I am fully invested in the Toughsystem platform. And it makes a great shop radio. [emoji106]

I am waiting for some independent reviews before I take it out of the DeWalt "Fail" category [emoji481]

I'm still jamming with my Bosch PB360 and cannot justify a change outside of the fact that my Dewalt batteries cannot power it. The sound is still incredible and it's only five years old. I'd love to give the Toughsystem box a try but meh. I can't see spending the cash on a new radio.

• Like 2

The Bosch cube is the ultimate site radio. It's only failing in my eyes was being made by Bosch lol. I didn't want to pay for charging capability or battery capability on another system. If it was red or yellow I'd own it. Much prefer it to the M18 Bluetooth which we've killed at work in no time. 

I'm still jamming with my Bosch PB360 and cannot justify a change outside of the fact that my Dewalt batteries cannot power it. The sound is still incredible and it's only five years old. I'd love to give the Toughsystem box a try but meh. I can't see spending the cash on a new radio.

I picked up the Bosch after I had the Toughsystem.......you are not missing out. The Bosch rocks

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, 77Ford said:

I picked up the Bosch after I had the Toughsystem.......you are not missing out. The Bosch rocks

Yeah I've had the Milwaukee M18 box....it sucked. I also had the Makita 18v....it sucked. The Bosch is an amazing sounding machine. I don't have any more Bosch 18v tools so portability isn't there but I'm always by a cord anyways. The sound and volume is amazing as is the reception. I kind of wish mine was BT but the ac cord works just fine with my iPhone and the sound is quality.

10 minutes ago, ChrisK said:

Yeah I've had the Milwaukee M18 box....it sucked. I also had the Makita 18v....it sucked. The Bosch is an amazing sounding machine. I don't have any more Bosch 18v tools so portability isn't there but I'm always by a cord anyways. The sound and volume is amazing as is the reception. I kind of wish mine was BT but the ac cord works just fine with my iPhone and the sound is quality.

I have the Milwaukee m18 Bluetooth radio, but then again I got it for free and wasn't going to turn that down, first good radio I've owned in my life, I was never into radios and simply decided I wasn't going to spend the money on one, but it's a nice one compared to what I had lol

3 minutes ago, KnarlyCarl said:

I have the Milwaukee m18 Bluetooth radio, but then again I got it for free and wasn't going to turn that down, first good radio I've owned in my life, I was never into radios and simply decided I wasn't going to spend the money on one, but it's a nice one compared to what I had lol

Sorry this was five years ago when they had the boom box. That was my Makita replacement which sounded great but had no reception. The M18 sucked in sound quality and reception but it had a bottle opener so that was nice. I got the Bosch and ever looked back. I'm sure the newer one is nice and almost every review of it says exactly that but that last one was piece of garbage!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ChrisK said:

Sorry this was five years ago when they had the boom box. That was my Makita replacement which sounded great but had no reception. The M18 sucked in sound quality and reception but it had a bottle opener so that was nice. I got the Bosch and ever looked back. I'm sure the newer one is nice and almost every review of it says exactly that but that last one was piece of garbage!

Ah well I'm not into their radio history as you can tell, im more of a practical guy so I tend to focus on more what I consider usable tools I guess you could say. 

1 minute ago, KnarlyCarl said:

Ah well I'm not into their radio history as you can tell, im more of a practical guy so I tend to focus on more what I consider usable tools I guess you could say. 

Yeah I hear you. It's like a butter face. It had a bottle opener but the rest of it was ick!

2 hours ago, KnarlyCarl said:

I think the one he's talking about might be the one in my spray booth. I think it sounds pretty good, and better than the old Dewalts we have in the shop. Bad taste on my part I suppose lol. 

A guy told me the radio is the most important tool on the jobsite. I'm not sure I would go to the extent of saying its "the most important tool on the jobsite" but I don't really got much say since I'm not much into having a radio on the job site. Sure I enjoy music but just don't see its value on the jobsite. It tends to be annoying, loud, and playing music I don't like. There's probably gonna be that one guy who wants it really loud and you cant hear anything cause of the loud music or your trying to talk to a guy and you cant cause of the radio. I could see using a radio if it wasn't deafening or playing distracting music. I'd consider myself in the minority. I prefer a volume quieter than average and I prefer styles/genres of music different than what is typically listened to on the jobsite.