Should I buy a M18 fuel sawzall or wait for one key?

SetBuilder

I have a bunch of M18 tools and I'm looking to add a sawzall and grinder to the mix. I have a one key 1/4 impact driver and to be honest I never play with the app, so the features may be lost on me.

Home depot has a Fuel sawzall and grinder plus 2 5amp batteries for 418.00. I'm thinking about getting it, But will prices drop once once the one key stuff comes out in 2 weeks?

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Milwaukee-M18-FUEL-4-1-2-in-5-in-Braking-Grinder-and-M18-FUEL-SAWZALL-Reciprocating-Saw-with-Free-M18-5-0-XC-Battery-2-Pack-2783-20-2720-20-48-11-1852/207126723?gclid=CjwKEAjwvb2_BRCb_s7Yo7_ZlHASJABz6L0j44J1hEfnN4-FKTYqJqvJcdH_MtbYsZoJrN1GQf5KLRoCrbzw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

Thoughts?

Thanks

They're selling a sawzall and two batteries with a grinder, circ saw, hole hawg, or impact wrench so I would say that is the price drop.

If you don't bother with settings on the impact the one-key sawzall will almost certainly be lost on you.  The main features are just soft start, speed control, and auto stop when you finish a cut--far less than the impact--so it will probably be lost on you.

Edit: Looks like the onekey sawzall is already up on home depot http://www.homedepot.com/p/Milwaukee-M18-18-Volt-FUEL-Lithium-Ion-Brushless-Cordless-Sawzall-Reciprocating-Saw-with-ONE-KEY-Tool-Only-2721-20/300185284

• Like 2

One key is awesome! I can already tell those among us who haven't used it or had good luck with it, sorry @wildroamer your experience had to be the exact opposite of mine.

I'm getting the one key sawzall one way or another, I cut a bit of metal pipe and have had to spend a minute or so holding the trigger halfway and it would be brilliant to have up tool do that for me... Plus the auto stop is a huge safety advantage which I hope will be helpful if the blade jumps in a binding situation, and will stop the blade, that's my theory anyways

• Like 3

6 hours ago, jeffmcmillan said:

They're selling a sawzall and two batteries with a grinder, circ saw, hole hawg, or impact wrench so I would say that is the price drop.

If you don't bother with settings on the impact the one-key sawzall will almost certainly be lost on you.  The main features are just soft start, speed control, and auto stop when you finish a cut--far less than the impact--so it will probably be lost on you.

Edit: Looks like the onekey sawzall is already up on home depot http://www.homedepot.com/p/Milwaukee-M18-18-Volt-FUEL-Lithium-Ion-Brushless-Cordless-Sawzall-Reciprocating-Saw-with-ONE-KEY-Tool-Only-2721-20/300185284

I'm pretty sure that I saw a couple of one key sawzalls on the yellow tag rack yesterday. I'll have to swing by again but I want to say that they were down to like 179. If I hadn't just bought a Fuel last BF, I'd have picked one up, but I certainly don't need two. 

2 hours ago, Bremon said:

What I want on my No-Key tools is the safety clutch on the drill and the cut brake on the Sawzall. I don't want to screw around with settings, I just want improved standard features. 

Set it and forget it, that's how one key is designed for most tools and cases.

I agree with wanting the safety features, cranking it up to 11 and won't really mess with the settings afterward. Sure it will cut faster if I adjust for every material but meh.

I want the OneKey sawzall to do the work for me, I want peace of mind that the blade will stop when I'm through cutting, I want it and I know from my experience with OneKey on my drill and impact, it's an incredible tool to have on my side.

HERE'S WHY:

IMG_20160815_093816825

This picture doesn't show my cramped position as I lay on the crawlspace floor, with barely enough leverage to pull the sawzall through the pipe.... I wondered to myself if a cast breaker would work better, but there's not enough room for that, and would require even more effort...

There's so many tight spaces I need the sawzall for this very task, the only thing I want to have to think about is applying force on the saw. Not worrying about it cutting into something as it breaks through the other side, not having to worry about if i'm holding the speed just right for this type of pipe, it's huge, I for one, am very accepting of new technology.

Also I like the added security of being able to track its whereabouts if need be, that sounds very appealing too

• Like 3

10 hours ago, KnarlyCarl said:

I want the OneKey sawzall to do the work for me, I want peace of mind that the blade will stop when I'm through cutting, I want it and I know from my experience with OneKey on my drill and impact, it's an incredible tool to have on my side.

HERE'S WHY:

IMG_20160815_093816825

This picture doesn't show my cramped position as I lay on the crawlspace floor, with barely enough leverage to pull the sawzall through the pipe.... I wondered to myself if a cast breaker would work better, but there's not enough room for that, and would require even more effort...

There's so many tight spaces I need the sawzall for this very task, the only thing I want to have to think about is applying force on the saw. Not worrying about it cutting into something as it breaks through the other side, not having to worry about if i'm holding the speed just right for this type of pipe, it's huge, I for one, am very accepting of new technology.

Also I like the added security of being able to track its whereabouts if need be, that sounds very appealing too

Wow. Dude you should work for Milwaukee!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

The one key reciprocating saw seems like a step above the rest of the one key lineup. It cuts faster when set to desired material setting and extends life of the blade saving time and money. Also you can easily toggle between up to four custom performance profiles that can be saved to the memory of the tool. Once you set each of the profiles you don't need the app which saves time. I see the $50 premium as worth it for even the average tradesman. Before the one key recip saw I really only saw the drill and impact being marketed for the guy putting the same screws in the same material all day or doing the same task all day. I wonder if the average guy would see benefit from the drill and impact because you can set each of the 4 presets with their own custom settings and then forget about the app once the settings are saved in the tool.

9 hours ago, pancing said:

The question is this, if you already have a fuel sawzall, would you fork out more money for the one key version?

I would but that's more of an issue of me being a whore for anything colored red. All jokes and brand humping aside the Sawzall seems to the the most interesting OneKey saw yet. Milwaukee could do something similar with the a OneKey circular saw cut the rpm's increase the torque for carbide metal cutting blades.