Main Bath Gut

phffter

Hmm I put an Instagram link in, maybe you can't see it in Tapatalk?

https://www.instagram.com/p/BNfuglLh60I/

I can see that one.

When I repainted the house and caulked the seems I used just water. Have to try soapy water next time. I didn't get to caulking today. Kids wanted at time. Lol

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

this is a tool forum, so, an incomplete  listing of tools used to perform the werk.

harbor fright beam type 1.5 hp wet 7'' saw. #62757.bought last year to do 2nd floor bath, about $250.  tool worked somewhat satisfactory, the legs are cheap shit, 1 got mangled. saw blade is (was) true to beam/fence. water pump was more than adequate, had to attach rubber flaps to minimize over spray. built a visqueen 'cocoon around the saw work place. placed 'strategic' rags on the table to minimize overspray.  sump does drain from bottom, a big plus. miter gage was useless, as it is strictly right handed, and the motor (on the right side of the blade) has only about an inch of clearance over the deck.

towards the end of the, didnt have time to check what's what, cuts weren't square.

blade used was a bosch 7'' continuous rim, bought from cripe. one blade was used for the entire job. maybe thats why things werent square at the end. (i'll figger this out later)

previous job, (2) hf 7'' continuous rim and a dep (home depot) blade was used, in a larger bath, with way less cuts.

diamond grit hole saws were bought from mc master, no name, 1 1/8 & 4''. worked very well.

pilot drills also from mc master.

holes drilled in tile, used ryobi glass/tile bits. poor tool, or mis application by me. the no name bit given to me out lasted the mulitple ryobi's i trashed.

electrical device square holes were cut with a 4'' continuous rim ridgid dry blade. worked very well, and did not kick up as much dust as i thought.

my mud mixer drill was a single speed USA milwaukee right angle drill.

other drills used, 3/8 and 1/2 USA milwaukee vsr. 1/2 18v ridgid. 3/8 12v milwaukee.

saws, USA  milwaukee sawzall, USA porter cable left handed circular and jigsaw, 18V milwaukee sawzall, 12v milwaukee circ and hacksall. 12''  dewalt sliding double bevel. 10'' crapsman table saw.

3x21 USA porter cable belt sander.

18 ga porter cable  finish and brad nailers.

metabo 4 1/2 and 6'' grinders.

a whole ensemble of countless hand tools.

i did find that a new dewalt 25' tape, with the huge end, was a royal pia. that one was retired, used mostly 25' fat max and a 3/4 wide 25' craftsman

incomplete pics of tools. if more is desired, i might be able to accommodate.

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

006.jpg

007.jpg

008.jpg

• Like 2