anyone else holding out until the new 9.0 batteries come out?

framer

On 10/3/2016 at 6:16 PM, Hugh Jass said:

By the time I get my CPO order 9ah will have already been out, lol. 

Maybe you will get lucky and that is what it will ship with, since it is taking them so long. That was some serious B.S., CPO and others selling a bunch of stuff at a discount price without firm knowledge of how many they were getting and how quick the replenishment rate would be. That is assuming they didn't know how many they were getting. It is far worse if they knew and kept on selling without knowing when they were getting more follow on tools.

Lets say they were getting 10, they could have sold 10 and then announced they would offer the same price and place orders in a backorder status. They should have been honest with the customers.

It could have gone better I agree, but the shaft is from Dewalt and big box stores ordering total supply. Dewalt shouldn't play the numbers game and should have done better diversifying their orders to prevent this from happening, because the enthusiasts and frequent buyers are the ones who preorder the most, and thus the ones getting screwed in the end. It's totally not fair that I have a trailer full of dewalt tools, made a preorder, and my neighbor who doesn't even own a hammer can walk into home depot and buy my tool I've been waiting weeks for. 

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

It could have gone better I agree, but the shaft is from Dewalt and big box stores ordering total supply. Dewalt shouldn't play the numbers game and should have done better diversifying their orders to prevent this from happening, because the enthusiasts and frequent buyers are the ones who preorder the most, and thus the ones getting screwed in the end. It's totally not fair that I have a trailer full of dewalt tools, made a preorder, and my neighbor who doesn't even own a hammer can walk into home depot and buy my tool I've been waiting weeks for. 

Yea this is crazy if I would  have  known  this  I would  have waited  and not ordered the only thing I have from cpo is my bare tool grinder I can't even use it until  my other kits get shipped  whenever  that will be I pre ordered the end of june

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I was just at one of my local Home Depots and there was a DeWalt rep with the whole 60 volt lineup out for you to play with.

He stated with great confidence that when the 60 volt 3 amp hour battery comes out it will not be shipping with the tools but be strictly an add-on battery.

He also told me if I bought the table saw he would be throwing in a spare battery. Very very tempting as that is the main tool I want. I may be meeting up with him at a different Home Depot tomorrow.

• Like 1

I have the NEW flexvolt brochure that is available at the Demos at HD as a handout

(when a rep is onsite)

on the back page of this brochure further flexvolt tools are listed  with "coming soon"

as an example

dch481x2 Rotary Hammer

dcbl770x1 blower

both state "includes flexvolt 9.0 ah battery"

so we can also conclude that the 9.0Ah batteries contained in kits is "X"

x1 = 1x 9.0ah battery

x2 = 2x 9.0ah battery

also listed is the tracksaw, as kit it will ship with 6.0ah battery ( dcs520T1)

I also received a free battery with each flexvolt purchase !

this is part of the onsite promotion

cheers

• Like 4