anyone else holding out until the new 9.0 batteries come out?

framer

31 minutes ago, Stercorarius said:

So we have 20v,40v and 60v OPE?

That's why the death of 40v has been suspected since last summer. 

Hopefully for the sake of 40v users the multi charger isn't a token gesture to the line like the lasers are for 12v max lol. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, DR99 said:

Yep the 60v stuff was demoed at the Dewalt flexvolt event. It just wont be available till next spring. Defiantly interested in the tracksaw potentially unless I find a killer Festool deal

My thoughts exactly. That said, it seems that the Dewalt corded version is actually right in line with the TS55EQ price-wise, unless I'm missing something... So I'm betting the Flexvolt version will cost substantially more money. 

• 3 weeks later...

looks like a 12V car battery wonder how that will be hanging off the back of a drill or impact 

looks like the next step is wireless power.....big huge battery + any tool will be powered within a 20ft radius .....

The angle does skew the size, but is big for sure. Don't see the complaint though. Milwaukee's 9.0 has no place on a 2704 or 2753 unless you're a glutton for punishment so at best it's just the same argument as Milwaukee "but it will work in a pinch if I run out of power at that one specific point where all 12 of my other batteries are dead! Compatibility guys!!!!!!"  Sold my 6.0 FlexVolt because 108 watt hours out of 15 cells is a joke and not worth the weight. I'll get a pair of 20v Max 6.0 (which also use 20700 cells) and a pair of FlexVolt 3.0/9.0 and call it good for my Dewalt stuff. M18 gets the broader budget for batteries from me. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Bremon said:

The angle does skew the size, but is big for sure. Don't see the complaint though. Milwaukee's 9.0 has no place on a 2704 or 2753 unless you're a glutton for punishment so at best it's just the same argument as Milwaukee "but it will work in a pinch if I run out of power at that one specific point where all 12 of my other batteries are dead! Compatibility guys!!!!!!"  Sold my 6.0 FlexVolt because 108 watt hours out of 15 cells is a joke and not worth the weight. I'll get a pair of 20v Max 6.0 (which also use 20700 cells) and a pair of FlexVolt 3.0/9.0 and call it good for my Dewalt stuff. M18 gets the broader budget for batteries from me. 

Yeah. I have an M18 9.0 on the way and it will be interesting to see how it handles compared to the 9.0 DeWalt. If I buy any more DeWalt batteries they will for sure all be 20700 based ones.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Stercorarius said:

Yeah. I have an M18 9.0 on the way and it will be interesting to see how it handles compared to the 9.0 DeWalt. If I buy any more DeWalt batteries they will for sure all be 20700 based ones.

Oh great, knowing Milwaukee, their next step will be coming out with new 20700 powered packs and we'll get a refresher course on the marketing drama lol I love the tools, and they are a marketing machine but I could do with less of the usual "wha-a-ank" lol!!! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bremon said:

I take offense at that accent being called "the most Canadian". I'm not sure how he speaks but it isn't representative of us lol. 

Weird east of Quebec sounding accent. Up north they sound just like us down here except they say sorry funny, up there it sounds like "sore ree" down here it sounds like "gof*#kyerself".

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...