Hot deal on a Festool Sander 99$ with a 50 dollar voucher

DR99

Hey guys, Shane from the Tool Nut here. Want to thank@DR99 for sharing this smokin' deal with you guys. Just want to make myself available if anyone has any questions that I can answer. Feel free to ask here, via PM or email at shane@toolnut.com.

Thanks
Shane 

What do use suggest we spend the $50 on?

Tough Tool Reviews on Instragram
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, shanetoolnut said:

Hey guys, Shane from the Tool Nut here. Want to thank @DR99 for sharing this smokin' deal with you guys. Just want to make myself available if anyone has any questions that I can answer. Feel free to ask here, via PM or email at shane@toolnut.com.

Thanks,

Shane 

Glad you stopped by, it's been a while!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, overanalyze said:

That HKC has my eye...I want it but don't need it...yet...lol!

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

Wow. I can't believe I have to say this Andrew. What the heck does need have to do with it????????

• Like 3

Try Mirka paper too Regopit. Obviously Festool makes the best paper out there but the mesh paper from Mirka is a friggin fantastic and DC is awesome.

I love the abranet that stuff is amazing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, 77Ford said:

What do use suggest we spend the $50 on?

Well, it's really hard to say without knowing what types of projects/work you do. But, I'll make a few generally recommendations.

You simply cannot go wrong with the TS 55 REQ track saw. It's the tool I use the most. Great for all sorts of applications but it really shines at breaking down sheet goods. The cut quality is exceptional, very easy to use and super accurate.

One of the biggest advantages that Festool offers is phenomenal dust collection. So, a HEPA Dust Eextractor would be a great complement to this sander and can be used with other tools, even those that aren't made by Festool. The CT SYS is Fetsool's most compact and portable dust extractor and it's HEPA. It's the same form factor as a Systainer, so easy to stack and go. Great for working on the jobsite for remodeling jobs. The CT MINI/MIDI is a step up in capacity and portability since it has wheels. The CT 26/36/48 are the biggest units and the CT 26 is the most popular.

Festool makes some brilliant sanders. If you're getting the ETS 125 then its best companion could be the Rotex RO 125. This sander is a work horse and very powerful. It has a gear-driven mode that strips material at the speed of a belt sander. Flip back to random orbital mode and it's a finish sander with a 5mm stroke. So, it would complement the finish sanding capabilities of the PRO 5 sander.

Those are a few of my recommendations. If you have questions about a specific tool or tool category, let me know.

Hope that helps,

Shane

9 hours ago, BMack37 said:

Glad you stopped by, it's been a while!

Thanks! I tend to lay low and try not to be spammy. So, I just hope in when I see a thread where I can answer questions and be helpful.

• Like 3

Man I should have asked Shane for a cut of the sales off the forum!!!! [emoji4][emoji4][emoji4] How many people bought one off the forum its quite a few.

As soon as I saw the Instagram post it was mine lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21 hours ago, wildroamer said:

Does Festools typically offer sales on BF, or CM?

Other times?

This is rare to see from Festool. If you every notice Festool has a set price. No matter you look the price is the same. This reminds me of back when everybody was sell their cordless drills cheap. Festool is hoping this will be the gate way drug to their tool line. 

• Like 1

On 10/6/2016 at 9:50 AM, wildroamer said:

Does Festools typically offer sales on BF, or CM?

Other times?

Last "sale" was a couple of years ago when they sold their reconditioned tools. Great saving during that sale. I bought my Kapex at a fraction of the normal price as well as my 1400 router and a CXS drill. Occasionally they have a sale but very infrequently. They do have a 10% off when you buy a combo of DC and tool. But just like Regopit said, this is a smart marketing concept to get nay Sayers into a high quality tool for a low price. Once you try fit and finish and see capabilities most people are blown away. Festool gets critized a lot for being over priced and only useful for controlled environments usage but in other parts of the world Festool is used by tradespersons in the field because they are so well built and take huge amounts of abuse. The tools are designed for very hard use but couple that with super accurate machining for fine woodworking as well as construction. Here you see Festool used mostly by woodworkers, finish carpenters and cabinet builders. 

I will say say your next purchase IN MY OPINION should be a DC unit followed by the TS. Then routers, Dominos etc etc etc ;)

Once you try sanding with the HEPA DC and fine dial it in it's crazy.

Very slippery slope here guys. Believe me. 

T18 Set

CXS Set

Cabinet Installers Set

MFT/3

MFT Kapex

Kapex

OF1400

OF1010

MFK700

TS55REQ

HKC 55

Midi 

Multipe Tracks

Clamps etc etc etc....all of this makes my shop a well equipped shop that can essentially be moved from one location to another with minimal impact and it all easily fits in the back of my 16 Tundra Crewmax.

$$$$$$$$$$

I will also say PJ from the Tool Nut (Festoolproducts.com) is friggin awesome and Bob Marino are the guys I use for my purchases. Both fantastic to deal with. I know some of the guys here have had some problems with ToolNut but I for one have not. 

• Like 2

How do I block users here?

You sunova.....

Ha! 

Their dc's are certainly nice, but I very recently bought a dewalt dc that will do the trick for my usages, I think. The rep did demo the usefulness of the variable speed on their unit with the Pro 5. Definitely made a huge difference dialing it down. The larger Dewalt has this feature also, but I opted for the smaller one : (

The more I see of that TS55REQ, well, you know...

I saw this deal in my email, but no more than I am currently using them, I can't really justify a second Festool sander. Plus mine was owned by the one and only ChrisK...which makes it priceless! [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    The Sinematic Pineapple
    Newest Member
    The Sinematic Pineapple