Hot deal on a Festool Sander 99$ with a 50 dollar voucher

DR99

I'm surprised Shane hasnt come on but all Festool dealers have been ordered to stop taking orders. I checked on the fog and he said they had enough units to cover their sales however it looks like Festool may have exceeded expected sales quicker than they though. Well......duhhhhhhhh

???

According to the thread, Shane will reach out to customer service if there is a problem fulfilling orders but it sounds like Festool Products i.e. Tool Nut ordered enough for their orders so.....keep your fingers crossed

• Like 2

I'm surprised Shane hasnt come on but all Festool dealers have been ordered to stop taking orders. I checked on the fog and he said they had enough units to cover their sales however it looks like Festool may have exceeded expected sales quicker than they though. Well......duhhhhhhhh

???

According to the thread, Shane will reach out to customer service if there is a problem fulfilling orders but it sounds like Festool Products i.e. Tool Nut ordered enough for their orders so.....keep your fingers crossed

Hopefully being one of the early ones helps [emoji51] saw that today though they halted ore orders glad I jumped on it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20 hours ago, Nordraw said:

I didn't know Festool knew what 99 dollars meant. 

I know what you mean. Hell, they sell the nylon pouch that holds the tracks for more than that. Which is absolutely ridiculous.

The problem with ridiculous pricing such as the storage bag, is you wonder just how much higher the prices are on the tools themselves than they should be...

I do wonder how profit margins compare between Festool and say a brand like Dewalt on tools on average. I do wonder if one of the reasons they did this promotion is their growth leveled out, for a lot of people its hard to justify the cost on most of their tools compared to the mass market stuff.

• Like 1

Hey, guys, sorry I didn't respond to the recent posts. I had subscribed to the thread but didn't get a notification of new posts.

As was already mentioned, Festool has asked all dealers to suspend taking additional order for the Pro 5 Sander. We have not been provided any additional information at this point. Should we get information from Festool that affects our customers' orders, we will proactively reach out to everyone with more information via email.

@DR99 this promotion was done because I think Festool realizes that many folks give price as a reason for not trying their tools. So, the price barrier was removed with this $99 sander deal, letting people who otherwise may not have tried Festool an opportunity to experience what their tools and brand are all about.

Please feel free to reach out to me via PM or email if you have any specific questions. Always glad to help out.

Shane

shane@toolnut.com

• Like 3

It's tough looking at Festool prices for sure. The few few Festool tools I have were from deals I found from different web sites I have seen the past few months. I will say I have been impressed so far though, but the tools I want to add to the collection are more expensive.

• Like 1

On 10/4/2016 at 5:52 PM, khariV said:

don't know why that comes up ^^^^^^

I'm wondering if this doesn't backfire for Festool,  I see 2 things from this move....

NO.1- their tools have been overpriced for a long time....(and if not)

NO. 2- they will sell a new cheaper line of tools that will not match up to the older far more expensive line..... 

either way don't look good.....because if the cheaper models that are now available are just as good refer to NO. 1

• 2 weeks later...

Email from tool nut, anyone else?

toolnut_logo_clear.png

Fellow Tool Nut,

We have been notified by Festool that, due to overwhelming demand, we will not be receiving all PRO 5 sanders by the Nov 1st ship date.  But don't sweat!  Your sander is on the way, but at this time we do not have an ETA.  We will immediately communicate additional shipment ETA's in the coming days and weeks as we receive updates. Please note that this inventory shortage affects all Festool dealers, not just The Tool Nut.

As we receive additional inventory, orders will ship in the order they were received.

Please accept our apologies for the delay with your Festool PRO 5 sander order. We will continue to keep you up-to-date with the latest information.

Cancellations to your order will require an email to info@toolnut.com. Please write "PRO5 Cancellation" and your Order # in the subject line.  In the body of the email, please include your requested action, your name, and method of payment. Our phone lines are very busy and call requests may experience long hold times; therefore email correspondence is the best way to ensure fast, accurate service.

Thank you,
Customer Service Team
The Tool Nut

hh-6XGJr6P5tTvSAevQsci6DKMgGOTcdyS

• Like 1

did someone at Festool retire and they got a new guy in for marketing and global sales? they is no other way to piss a tool guy off than to tease em with a new tool at a great price then after they wait to tell them it's still coming just don't know when.....

• Like 1

I think that poor marketing guy had a great idea that too off more than he expected. The biggest problem was the deal was almost too good for a Festool. If it was 150 with a 50 dollar voucher it would have been popular but not as insane.

4 minutes ago, comp56 said:

they is no other way to piss a tool guy off than to tease em with a new tool at a great price then after they wait to tell them it's still coming just don't know when.....

Thank God I didn't fall into the same trap with Dewalt....

Oh wait... That's right.  I'm out several hundred dollars ,so far, with not one glimpse of getting my orders fulfilled.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, DR99 said:

I think that poor marketing guy had a great idea that too off more than he expected. The biggest problem was the deal was almost too good for a Festool. If it was 150 with a 50 dollar voucher it would have been popular but not as insane.

I still think it was a stupid move by them, when these sanders at a wal-mart price get out in the real world and is proven to be great people are gonna wonder why did they pay so much prior to this and if they are not as good they will feel ripped off....it is no secret Festool has been in a category like Cadillac's were: (higher priced higher quality) 

I imagine the prices will be back to normal, $250?, and things will return to normal in the Festool world. Only now there will be some, like me, who will have gotten a taste of what we've been missing. Which will lead is to use our $50 coupons to take a tiny bit of the sting out of our next green purchases.

• Like 2

Email from tool nut, anyone else?

toolnut_logo_clear.png

Fellow Tool Nut,

We have been notified by Festool that, due to overwhelming demand, we will not be receiving all PRO 5 sanders by the Nov 1st ship date.  But don't sweat!  Your sander is on the way, but at this time we do not have an ETA.  We will immediately communicate additional shipment ETA's in the coming days and weeks as we receive updates. Please note that this inventory shortage affects all Festool dealers, not just The Tool Nut.

As we receive additional inventory, orders will ship in the order they were received.

Please accept our apologies for the delay with your Festool PRO 5 sander order. We will continue to keep you up-to-date with the latest information.

Cancellations to your order will require an email to info@toolnut.com. Please write "PRO5 Cancellation" and your Order # in the subject line.  In the body of the email, please include your requested action, your name, and method of payment. Our phone lines are very busy and call requests may experience long hold times; therefore email correspondence is the best way to ensure fast, accurate service.

Thank you,
Customer Service Team
The Tool Nut

hh-6XGJr6P5tTvSAevQsci6DKMgGOTcdyS

I got an email saying I would get mine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    garikb
    Newest Member
    garikb