Older 9.6v Makita drill performance question

Mike E

I know it seemed like a deal for $58.00. But I would not have paid anything for it. Not worth the money for the batteries

But by the time you buy the batteries you could just buy a Ryobi kit on sale and have way more power.

But better to put that toward a makita 18v

I know it seemed like a deal for $58.00. But I would not have paid anything for it. Not worth the money for the batteries

But by the time you buy the batteries you could just buy a Ryobi kit on sale and have way more power.

But better to put that toward a makita 18v

Like conductor said at this point is more of a collectors item, @catepillar does a lot with reviving old tools, pretty cool actually considering this old stuff is built like a rock, may not have power of new stuff but I guarantee than 9.6 will still be runnning strong much longer than one of my Milwaukee drills, new tools are wicked power but they just don't last

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, JimboS1ice said:

Like conductor said at this point is more of a collectors item, @catepillar does a lot with reviving old tools, pretty cool actually considering this old stuff is built like a rock, may not have power of new stuff but I guarantee than 9.6 will still be runnning strong much longer than one of my Milwaukee drills, new tools are wicked power but they just don't last

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I agree on collecters item  u could use  it but sooner or later the batteries will die i talked to a guy about  those batteries he converts  them to lithuim ion i am thinking about doing a couple after all of mine die

• Like 1

On Friday, October 07, 2016 at 0:33 PM, Mike E said:

Greetings, I just purchased a model 6095D 9.6v Makita drill still brand new in the package (made in 1999). I realize that even though the stick style batteries have never been used they are probably deteriorated from age. The drill stops after driving four 3" screws. I already own an early Makita 9.6v pod style drill (6222D) that performs extremely well with good batteries. Question: If I buy new stick batteries for the 6095D can I expect the same performance from it as my pod style which is about five years newer? All opinions welcome, especially those who have experience with the earlier Makita drills. Thanks!

You should try to find someone who converts them from nicad to lithum ion